Cleaning head light assy 348

Discussion in '348/355' started by rallo1, Dec 20, 2008.

1. MBFerrari

MBFerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 2, 2008
    NoVA
    Full Name:
    Matt B
    Looks awesome! How about a little play by play...

MB

2. rallo1

rallo1 Karting
    BANNED

Nov 7, 2007
    Edwardsville IL
    Full Name:
    J Rallo
    #3 rallo1, Dec 20, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2008
    1 turn your head lights on
    2 rotate your battery disconnet to off so your head lights stay up
    3 remove the bezel from you houseing by removing the four screws.
    4 remove the light assy from the housing by pulling on the 3 tabs that hold your light assy in place. Becareful plastic parts, do not rotate plastic retainers that will adjust your position of the beams
    5 position the assy so you can remove the bulbs my rotating bulbs or remove the wires from the bulbs so you can remove the assy from the housing. Very tight fit remove one bulb at a time make access easier. You may have to pull up on the housing for the light assy to clear for full removal from the car.
    6 Once you have the light assy out of the car, I put the assy on the TOP RACK ONLY of my dish washer with the lens on Top, or you can clean manualy.
    7 Once the dishwasher was done. I took a high speed grinder with a cut off wheel and cut slots in the screw heads. Becareful not to cut the screw heads off or hit the housing.
    8 Once my slots are cut I can remove the 3 screws that hold part of the houseing together.
    9 split the light magnifier from the reflector by removeing the 4 philips head screws and clean the reflector and manifier with a cloth. Becarful when wiping the reflector portion with a towl the silver may want to come off.
    10 clean the inside of the lens assy with a paper towl. I used a flexable cable wrapped in paper towls to clean the inside so I can reach.

11 Once it was all clean I just did the reverse and put it all back together.

pm, if you need help

3. rallo1

rallo1 Karting
    BANNED

Nov 7, 2007
    Edwardsville IL
    Full Name:
    J Rallo
    #4 rallo1, Jun 18, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2009
    try this, should be same assy as 355

4. No Doubt