Clear bras... are you a fan or not? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Clear bras... are you a fan or not?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by ThreeSixty, May 8, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. docf

docf Formula 3

Sep 14, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Who did the install? What brand of clear bra did you use? My Modena has the entire front end done, but did not care for the 2 front fenders as they spliced in the center. Have you heard of Clearplex for windshield? Orginally designed I believe in Utah and now some States is beginning to catch on.

2. chopperdr

chopperdr Formula Junior

May 10, 2009
    oceanside/vancouver
    Full Name:
    cal meeker
    craig at elite clearbra did both scud and spider, he is in orange county

3. Derek Trotter

Derek Trotter Formula 3
    BANNED

Jul 28, 2007
    Cambridge, UK
    I have considered having a clear bra fitted but my bumper/side sills have a few minor stone chips. Is it advisable to have them resprayed first or touched in? If touched in, are they noticeable after the bra installation? What preperation does the fitter undertake before fitting? Apologies for the daft questions, but I've never had one fitted before :).

4. chopperdr

chopperdr Formula Junior

May 10, 2009
    oceanside/vancouver
    Full Name:
    cal meeker
    both ferraris were/ are new, so no prep other than a very good wash. on my m coupe, with approx 30K miles, had stone chips, layed the bra overtop. looks pretty much like it did pre clearbra, except smooth.
    all that said, everything is noticeable as the clear bra is just that, clear, does not hide anything.
    if you saw the full application on the ferraris, you could only tell the clearbra was installed if you ran your finger over the edge, you cannot see it

5. ferrari_jjc

ferrari_jjc Formula Junior

Dec 27, 2004
    The guys that do my cars also do all of my friend's and a host of Fcars in the area. They have examples of what it looks like on their website. If done right, it doesn't take away from the looks of the car. have it on my CS and F430. Nobody could tell unless I show them how they rolled the edges. Installer is the most important. The company I use has a lot of pictures of what it looks like - www.premiermobilegroup.com