Clear guard like product source | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Clear guard like product source

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Auraraptor, Mar 27, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dinodude

dinodude Rookie

Jan 19, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Glenn Stephens
    I installed it on the front end, hood, mirrors, and door handle cutouts of my Audi S4. It took 5 hours with a helper but looked very good when I finished. I bought a $450 kit from Stongard.

The tricks are to prepare both a slip solution and an alcohol cleaning solution so the large pieces can be properly positioned and then permanently affixed. You have to work from the center out and stretch it so it conforms to the body and lines up with the cutlines - very tough to get right.

With my hard-won experience, I would take on small surfaces like behind the wheels or mirrors but I would happily pay the $500+ installation fee for a full job to someone that really knew what they were doing. The results would be even better and I would have more hair when I finished!

2. mustgofaster

mustgofaster Karting

Mar 27, 2004
    West Lakeland, MN
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I had this 3m film installed last week on my 360 Spider. It was installed on the front clip and the rear deck where the convertible top slams down. Am I missing any any other important spots? I wanted to do the hood but there would have been seams with the sizes she had. Maybe I can order a larger piece for the hood? She came to my house and did it for $325 - looks perfect. Thanks for your input.

3. paulie_b

paulie_b F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

Jan 13, 2003
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Bianco
    on the 360 you may want to consider re-doing the linside lip behind all 4 wheels. IMO, the factory does a lousy job. You can also extend the pieces a little more to wrap around. Also maybe consider doing 1-2 feet on the front of the rocker panels below the doors. I did mine.