CLK-GTR/Roadster at Automobil Manufactur Singapore | Page 3 | FerrariChat

CLK-GTR/Roadster at Automobil Manufactur Singapore

Discussion in 'Asia' started by ZFFDT57, Oct 5, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. afiqmeister

afiqmeister Karting

Jun 28, 2006
    i promise i will bring more pics if i go there.....

2. basman007

basman007 Formula Junior

Apr 25, 2006
    EU
    Full Name:
    Basman
    Sure, if he pm's me his mail adress

3. Prodrive

Prodrive Karting

Jun 27, 2004
    Indonesia
    Full Name:
    Prodrive
    Sent you PM, please check. Thanks a lot.

4. basman007

basman007 Formula Junior

Apr 25, 2006
    EU
    Full Name:
    Basman
  5. Prodrive

Prodrive Karting

Jun 27, 2004
    Indonesia
    Full Name:
    Prodrive
    Great! ... also thanks for covering my friend's face ... :)

Btw ... I have some pics of Saleen Supercar from 1 of the exotic car showroom in Chicago. Not so great because it was at night & I took the pics from outside. If you want it then maybe I can send it next week.

6. basman007

basman007 Formula Junior

Apr 25, 2006
    EU
    Full Name:
    Basman
    :)

Hmm, thanks for the offer, but I'm not so into Saleen that much... I would like to see some of the pictures you made of the yellow Zonda when you've got time :)

7. paulkoji

paulkoji Karting

Dec 26, 2006
    Malaysia
    Full Name:
    Paul
  8. basman007

basman007 Formula Junior

Apr 25, 2006
    EU
    Full Name:
    Basman
  9. paulkoji

paulkoji Karting

Dec 26, 2006
    Malaysia
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I got it!! Thanks.
    Really love those Zondas.

10. SFchallenge

SFchallenge F1 World Champ

Jun 28, 2004
    Sgp, KL, HK & London
    Full Name:
    Jon Wijaya
    Guys, before you all get carried away. They don't allow photography anymore because too many people including me :D have been posting pics on the web & they don't like it. So, do enjoy yourself there when you visit & workshop is only for access if you know them or service your cars there.

Some of the cars are for sale @ the right price & for export only & I've not heard of anything under a US$1million dollar on those exotics.

11. afiqmeister

afiqmeister Karting

Jun 28, 2006
    damn it.....if i take the pics....i will tell them that i will promise not to put it online.....only for my private purposes.....if some of you want those pics....i can PM to you.....or even worse....i can bluff them that i do not have a computer.....haha !....oh yes...do i need to call them first before i go there ?......and what is the bus number to go there ?

12. basman007

basman007 Formula Junior

Apr 25, 2006
    EU
    Full Name:
    Basman
    Strange, because I haven't seen that many pictures on the web taken there. Alot of people don't want to show them on forums. And isn't it free advertising for some awesome cars? Since they don't have a website...
    Anyways, still a good tip :)

13. SFchallenge

Jun 28, 2004
    Sgp, KL, HK & London
    Full Name:
    Jon Wijaya
    I posted some pics as far back as 3yrs ago when the workshop manager is a friend. Haven't done much with them since.

You see most of those cars belong to VVIPs in the region so maybe they are not too keen to be known selling or exposing them. I personally think it's alright when the pics end up on proper forums to be appreciated by enthusiasts & not pass around to get rumoured like others. They have added a few other cars when I visited them a few months ago.

afiqmeister, they will have someone tailing you so I don't think you'll get a chance to whip out a camera. Besides, it's pretty dark in the showroom so you'll need a capable camera or even flash which will attract attention. I think bus no2 goes there. Just drop off the Japanese school & walk across the street. Visit them during normal business hours should be fine. Anyway, they are not the usual car retailer like even HongSeh, EuroSports or Porsche etc. Deals there are made in relationship terms because you just don't walk-in & buy a S$3million dollar car. They do have some 80s regular Ferraris that are affordable but they cannot be registered here.

14. basman007

basman007 Formula Junior

Apr 25, 2006
    EU
    Full Name:
    Basman
    I see..

Talking about Hong Seh, are they still open?

15. afiqmeister

afiqmeister Karting

Jun 28, 2006
    thnx for your reminder....some people say that they will be asked to go off by the guards over there if they do not make an appointment....must i make an appointment ?.....sure they will let a 15 year old guy like me to go in right ?......maybe i will just go in and enjoy myself...without taking pics.....why can;t the ferrari be registered....is it LHD ?.....then why do they put it inside the showroom....and is the mclaren f1 for sale ?

16. afiqmeister

afiqmeister Karting

Jun 28, 2006
    yes they are still open....

17. SFchallenge

Jun 28, 2004
    Sgp, KL, HK & London
    Full Name:
    Jon Wijaya
    Perhaps making a call first would be ideal. I drive there & know some of the people so it has been fine. Lucky you, I wasn't even visiting car showrooms till I was well pass 20.

Cars that's older than 3-5? yrs old cannot be registered even if RHD & a lot of other taxes & emission control to pass LTA. So, those are written off here unless you keep in private home or garage. I like the black RHD 993Ruf there, can't remember the exact name eg. CTR etc

Tommie's silver Pagani had to be exported because of that reason too even though it's new but few yrs old. A collector from the region bought it & it's not cheap. Run a check & used early Paganis are selling for few hundred thousand Euros excluding registration taxes if you were to import. A Pagani will run into multi-million category in most part of Asia should you register & pay for proper taxes.

18. Tifosi66

Tifosi66 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2004
    Jiang Jia Jie
    Full Name:
    Li-Ge
    Jon, if an SGan is allowed to buy and export sans tax, you know where to send 'it' dontcha? :p

19. afiqmeister

afiqmeister Karting

Jun 28, 2006
    thnx for your advice....what is the nearest mrt to go there ?.....and where is bus no 2 available from ?

20. SFchallenge

Jun 28, 2004
    Sgp, KL, HK & London
    Full Name:
    Jon Wijaya
    Hehee, stop scratching my itch will ya? I was in KL hunting properties last week. Saw a few in DH & Bangsar with land of 8-10K & build up 5-8K for about RM3m, not bad but figured I better settle for apartments in KL city. Am considering Dua Residence & they give me 3 private lots with superb views & hi-rental yield.

But just found out to my dismay that if I opt for Malaysian 2nd home "Visa" that entitles 1 tax-free car, I cannot work or have business there :(

21. SFchallenge

Jun 28, 2004
    Sgp, KL, HK & London
    Full Name:
    Jon Wijaya
    Just grab a cab from Tampines MRT will ya. Won't cost you more than 10bucks.

22. afiqmeister

afiqmeister Karting

Jun 28, 2006
    haha....now no money lah...

23. SFchallenge

Jun 28, 2004
    Sgp, KL, HK & London
    Full Name:
    Jon Wijaya
    Go work part-time dude. It's holidays now & yes 15yr old can find jobs.

24. Tifosi66

Tifosi66 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2004
    Jiang Jia Jie
    Full Name:
    Li-Ge
    You can't...BUT your wife's NAME could....:)

25. SFchallenge

Jun 28, 2004
    Sgp, KL, HK & London
    Full Name:
    Jon Wijaya
    Jack-pot! Ching ching ching! hahaha Thanks man

Would love to bring in a Pagani. Alamak, soul already sold to the devil....nothing much left to trade for it :(