close call yesterday | FerrariChat

close call yesterday

Discussion in '360/430' started by pbferrari, Apr 27, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. pbferrari

pbferrari Karting

Dec 22, 2005
    denton texas
    Full Name:
    drew
    spun my 360 out yesterday taking a curve at 120mph near my house in denton. thought i might keep it a secret from my wife but(heres the funny for you not so funny for me part) she pulled over right behind me and started yelling at me. Guys the couch is not a comfortable place to sleep. Turns out my son and his freinds broke are aquarium so she had to go buy a new tank. DO NOT TAKE HAIRPIN CURVES WITHOUT KNOWING WHERE YOUR WIFE IS!!!!!!! p.s. i get to sleep in our bed tonight so yea for me. DISCLAIMER: No Ferraris were harmed in this event (thank you JESUS)

2. wmoon89

wmoon89 Formula Junior

Feb 24, 2006
    120? serious?

3. JeffB

JeffB Formula 3

Jan 16, 2004
    Northville, Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jeff B
    Whew, a spinout at 120 MPH is a close call if I've ever heard of one. What exactly did the car do?

4. Irvin

Irvin Karting

Sep 10, 2005
    Windermere, FL
    LMAO That made me laugh so hard!!

Thank god you didn't damage yourself, the car or anyone else for that matter!!

5. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    So I'm left wondering - was the close call the 120 spinout with no harm or only having to sleep on the couch when you got owned? :D

6. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

Those 360's are tricky so and so's. Good thing your'e OK.

7. GCalo

GCalo F1 Veteran

Sep 15, 2004
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Greg Calo
    Aquarium?

This all sounds "fishy" to me!

8. burnout04

burnout04 Karting

Sep 16, 2005
    Malibu/Dubai
    Agreed, good advice. My dad spun his 72 Corvette stingray at about 125 when he was in his 20's somewhere in the middle of Kansas. Luckily he wasn't married then, and those corvettes actually had ground clearance so he just drove out of the corn field.

9. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    at 19, unknowingly overtook my dad when I was on my motorbike doing twice the legal speed limit, on a country road, fortunately I was going so fast he didn't realise it was me but the conversation over dinner was dominated by how irresponsible some motorcylists can be etc etc and that he'd better not see me doing something like that ..... errrr right Dad :)

10. RussianM3_dude

RussianM3_dude F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 15, 2004
    Switzerland/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Nikolai Petroff

Happened to me. But it was my Mom. Blasted past at twice the limit. She didn't see me.

11. asianbond

asianbond Formula 3

Nov 8, 2003
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Is this a real thread?

You don't really spin a ferrari or any car at 120mph, the car flys off the road and will hit something or at least damage the 360's fragile underbelly covers if it's grassland. Hairpin at 120?

PBferrari- do you actually own a ferrari?

12. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I 360'd (no pun intended) my NSX going about 90. Fortunately the shoulder of the road was very smooth. I was trying to impress my ex girlfriends' daughter. Ha ha, no that's not why she's my ex girlfriend. So now Candice and I have an inside joke, whenever I say, "Hey Candice, want to go for a spin?", she starts laughing!
    :)

13. scycle2020

scycle2020 F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    potomac
    Agreed, 120mph around a tight turn is fast!!! Unless your last name is schumacher or montoya or alonso, you will get in serious trouble at 120mph around a turn...did i tell you about the big one that got away???

14. RufMD

RufMD F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jan 31, 2004
    USA
    Full Name:
    Jas
    don't let nick (nberry) see this...ferraris are not supposed to spin out....

15. Scotty

Scotty F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Scotty Ferrari
    On my local track (PIR), the rear "straight" is actually a gentle curve. I'm nervous in my 360 at 120 on this. It is difficult to imagine 120 around anything that could be described as "a sharp turn". On a normal, curving, non-banked freeway off ramp 60 is usually a thrill, and anything over about 70 the tires are slipping a bit. So maybe 80--unless the driver way, way, way overcooked the turn.

16. Tony91505

Tony91505 Formula Junior

Apr 13, 2005
    So cal
    Full Name:
    Tony
    it doesnt sound that odd. I have spun out doing over a 100 at the track at least 20 times both in my evo and Zo6. everytime after a quick tire check I was back on the road without any additional problems.

17. icon

icon Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2006
    longboat key
    Full Name:
    jeff
    man! that is some seriously bad timing to spin out and then have your wife pull up! LOL! you poor guy! :)
    just tell her the tires were worn but you didnt want to buy new ones since you were saving up for her b'day present!:)

p.s. how do you take a hair pin at 120mph???

18. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    All I can say is you either have some real open roads, or alot more guts than I do.

19. lrattner

lrattner Formula Junior

Sep 15, 2004
    Delray Beach, Fl
    Full Name:
    Dr. Lonnie Rattner
    I did the same thing except my speed was probably only about 70 coming off an exit on the Northern State Parkway in Long Island. I could not hide the incident from my wife becasue she was with me. Unbeknowst to me the radius was much sharper than I remembered. The car was a 928 porsche (in 1979). That's the last time I spun out on public roads. Luckily no damage to cat then. Since then I have taken a spin or two on the track.

20. bointc

bointc Formula Junior

Mar 6, 2006
    Jersey City, NJ
    Full Name:
    Anthony
    lol the first couple of days after I got my BMW I was pushing it pretty damn hard, and there's a light on my block that if you drive at a really slow rate, it'll turn green by the time you get there, or if you drive really fast, it'll stay green, so me knowing this didn't want to wait zoomed by going like 80 or so and cut my pops of while he was going home, he doesn't really care about things like that cause he knows I have good reflexes and was a pretty good driver, but I did get a slow down talk...

21. TrophySophy

TrophySophy Karting

Oct 5, 2005
    Orange County, CA
    I am just wondering … why would you tell the whole world that you are careless, irresponsible and simply dangerous man on the road driving 120 MPH somewhere other than the race track?

22. asianbond

asianbond Formula 3

Nov 8, 2003
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Going 120 is way different from 60-80. At 120 I always felt the car was a piece of metal being hurl down the road with pure rule of physics in charge. Losing control at that speed will hurl the car a very far distance before coming to a stop. Look at the enzo crash at 160 on basically a straight road, he was out of control for a very LONG distance.

I doubt the guy even owns all the cars in his profile. His writing style reflects a 19 year old. Writing so non-chalanting I wonder if he has ever done 120 in an actual car because it is a very frightening experience especially when you lose control.

Nothing personal, but his story smells fishy.

23. speedy_sam

speedy_sam F1 Veteran

Jul 13, 2004
    TX
    Full Name:
    Sameer
    I am calling BS on this yokel ...

Look at some his earlier posts ...
    http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?p=135518616#post135518616
    --> he totalled his Stradale here. He mentions a 360 spider in his profile ... seems like a strange owner who either doesnt know the difference between a stradale and a 360 spider or perhaps forgot that he once owned it ... the stradale must be a pretty dull car that he can remember an m5 and SL65 but not the CS! ;)

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?p=135543273#post135543273
    ---> Here he talks about his Cayenne Turbo ... again he forgets to mention it in the profile but still remembers owning a Ford Explorer instead.

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?p=135470428#post135470428
    --> he wants a Ferrari F50 under $30. By itself, it is an innocous post but coupled with the others posts, it seems strange that a man can have a garage worth upwards of $600K and is desperate to get it under $30. Make that $900K if you include the missing stradale and Cayenne turbo.

His profile follows as is stands today .. I am sure this will be embellished in the future ...

24. spyderman

spyderman Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Toronto - Canada
    Full Name:
    Spyderman
    I guess it must be true that "everything is bigger in Texas", including the stories ;)

Good story though!

25. Jimbo49

Jimbo49 Formula 3

Aug 5, 2004
    Geelong, Australia
    Full Name:
    James

Agreed.. thats an awful lot of expensive metal in his garage right there, if it really does exist.. so what is an automation engineer anyway guys?