Clothes for Monterey? Here's some recommendations a start... | FerrariChat

Clothes for Monterey? Here's some recommendations a start...

Discussion in 'Fine Watches, Jewelry, & Clothes' started by bitzman, Jun 15, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    I have been going to Monterey events since 1970. So I plan my wardrobe a tad. It's cold there in the early am and the grass is wet. Here's what I am going to take to cover 4 days of events and would appreciate any comments. I'll put them all into a blog.

Pebble Beach concours: white suit, maybe double breasted jacket and double breasted and lapeled vest, snakeskin loafers, copper rimmed watch, gold id bracelet, ascot tie (called cravat in England) straw hat. If I go real early have to put baggies over my shoes to fend off the dew. Here's where you wear the complicated 3 dial chronometric watch.

Ditto for the Quail

The McCall Aviation Party: Hawaiian shirt & white pants if I go early, but if I go after 7 pm long sleeve dress shirt, leather jacket (maybe old flying jacket B2 style) wool fedora, loafer shoes.This is one where the ladies can dress to the nines (someday I will find out what "the nines" means...) And a really complicated watch like a Breitling Navitimer or this one shown here that has all the inner gizmos visible....

The German Car events: these are on grass. Could be wet.Those
    shoes that have rubber on the sides would be recommended here. Ladies need not wear heels to these golf course located events.

Racetrack: sneakers, shorts (it gets hot there in the middle of the day) light Hawaiian shirt, wide brimmed hat, sunscreen. Comfortable walking shoes here as it is a couple miles of walking, even a mile to get to the track from the parking. Ladies should not wear heels to the track. Sunglasses are in order, latest trend is transparent clear frames.

Car auction gear: Creased durable pants ,maybe even jeans. Leather jacket if I go to auctions to view wares at night. Maybe cowboy boots, hand tooled jobs caiman skin, etc.
    Wool hat. I would not wear clothing with badges (like Ferrari) unless you want to meet other like-minded fans, otherwise they will buttonhole you and yammer on about the car they got coming up in a time slot to come

Nighttime outdoor dining: Leather jacket, lined, wool hat, scarf, Creased pants, cowboy boots if I'm over at the Mission Inn Ranch