Clutch master cylinder | FerrariChat

Clutch master cylinder

Discussion in '348/355' started by emac, Apr 3, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. emac

emac Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 14, 2014
    upstate SC
    Full Name:
    ernest
    96 355 spider 6 speed. My clutch is working and no leaks. Good pedal pressure but it has a bump right at the top of the stroke. When you shift the pedal returns fine except the last inch or so. It hangs up for a second then then releases. You can feel it as you press it and release it. A new master is $300. I couldnt find a rebuild kit but read where an alfa is the same, but I couldnt verify. I was thinking of removing it and cleaning it, but I hate to do all that work, then have it leak. I have flushed it a few times and it doesnt help.

Should I try a rebuild kit, buy a new one, live with it, or try and clean it out. It feels like it has gunk right at the top of the stroke probably from previous deferred bleeding.

Thanks!

2. Givs

Givs Rookie

Dec 19, 2007
    Dubai
    Full Name:
    dg
    #2 Givs, Apr 5, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2020
    Hello Emac,

Regarding your clutch master cylinder , in fact on my 348 (1993) I bought one 5 years ago from Italy for Alfa Romeo 75 and it costed me 35 euros , and I do confirm no problem at all, if you want l can take some pics .
    cheers
    Givs

3. emac

emac Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 14, 2014
    upstate SC
    Full Name:
    ernest
    Thanks, did you buy a kit or whole master cylinder? It seems the kits for the Alfa are no longer available.

4. emac

emac Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 14, 2014
    upstate SC
    Full Name:
    ernest
    Thanks, I guess I was searching US only. I am not sure if it will fit the 355, but for a few dollars I may give one a try.

5. m.stojanovic

m.stojanovic F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2011
    Malaysia - KL
    Full Name:
    Miroljub Stojanovic
    Clutch masters are the same on 348, 355 and a number of other models.

emac likes this.
  6. Givs

Givs Rookie

Dec 19, 2007
    Dubai
    Full Name:
    dg
    Hi, Emac
    it was brand new whole master cylinder for Alfa Romeo 75.

Cheers.

emac likes this.