Coastal Georgia | FerrariChat

Coastal Georgia

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by Lunch Bag, Apr 30, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Lunch Bag

Lunch Bag Rookie

Apr 18, 2022
    Coastal Georgia and Coastal Maine
    Full Name:
    Rob
    We spend our winters in Coastal Georgia and have been unsuccessful in reaching anyone at FoA.

I would greatly appreciate any information about FoA’s activities in the coastal region between Savannah and St Simon’s Island. I currently drive a Vantage, but am thinking about jumping ship and ordering a Roma.

Thanking you in advance for your valued assistance.

2. ATLBond

ATLBond Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2021
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    SR
    Are you asking for a contact at Ferrari of Atlanta dealership?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

3. Lunch Bag

Lunch Bag Rookie

Apr 18, 2022
    Full Name:
    Rob
    #3 Lunch Bag, May 8, 2022
    Last edited: May 8, 2022
    ATLBond -

Firstly, thank you for responding.

On the various forums, many indicated that the FOCA was quite active and welcomed others with quality sports cars. With that, I called FOCA and left two messages with zero response. I called back and hit the prompt for the FOCA president and ended up talking to his lovely wife. She then gave me the direct email of the southeast director and again zero response.

I have not found a quality group of car enthusiasts where we winter and was hoping FOCA was active here. There are a few aston owners, but trying to get together has been a challenge.

I am currently waiting for a Roma allocation and would enjoy meeting a few Ferrari enthusiasts. Any advice or better contact information would be greatly appreciated.

Best..........Rob

4. ATLBond

ATLBond Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2021
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    SR
    I am new to the Ferrari world as well; coming from a 911. I live in Atlanta GA. Two weeks back I got my allocation for a PortoM (finally). I have a deposit on a 296GTB also - expected 2024. I too would like to engage with a Ferrari enthusiasts group. I’ll check with my SA at the dealership and come back on a good group for both of us to engage.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

5. Lunch Bag

Lunch Bag Rookie

Apr 18, 2022
    Full Name:
    Rob
    ATLBond -

Thank you for calling your SA.

I just wish I could get in contact with someone from FCOA.

More importantly, Congratulations on your PortoM allocation!

Hopefully Santa will visit me soon as well.

6. ATLBond

ATLBond Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2021
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    SR
    Thx, Rob. All the best for you to get your Roma allocation soon. Have u nailed down your config? Mind sharing ur specs?

7. Lunch Bag

Lunch Bag Rookie

Apr 18, 2022
    Full Name:
    Rob
    ATLBond -

I am leaning towards the lighter colors due to where we live. Our driveway in Coastal Georgia is packed sand and 1/3 of a mile long. In Maine it is long as well, but is gravel covered in moss.

The packed sand driveway can be a tad dusty if we have not received any rain. The Vantage is Tungsten Silver which hides the dust extremely well. The car has full PPF and ceramic so I just blow it off every few weeks and it looks great. In Maine this is not an issue.

I personally think the Roma looks great in Silver, but as the Vantage is silver I want a change. I recently saw pictures of a Roma in Grigio Ingrid and that is the color I am leaning towards and think it will also hide dust better.

With regards to finding Ferrari activities, I think you will have plenty in Atlanta. The Aston owners in Atlanta are always organizing drives and fun overnights and I am sure they would enjoy you joining them. I am always envious of the great drives, car shows, C&C, they post on FB and the forums. Unfortunately, Atlanta is 5 hours from the coast so I don't attend.

Not much happening in Hooterville where I live.

8. Drew Altemara

Drew Altemara Formula 3

Feb 11, 2002
    Tuscaloosa, AL
    Full Name:
    Drew Altemara
    Are you referring to Ferrari Owners Club? I did not know they were active in GA. The GA guys at Ferrari Club of America (FCA) tend to do a lot of events though they are generally Atlanta based since a lot of the cars are there.

Hope I am interpreting you question correctly.

9. Lunch Bag

Lunch Bag Rookie

Apr 18, 2022
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Drew -

Yes, I was referring to the Ferrari Owners Club/FCA. I tried to edit my original post but was unable. I apologize for the confusion.

According to the FCA website, there is a southeast region including Georgia and Alabama. As mentioned, I am having zero luck getting anyone to return calls or emails.

I know Atlanta has a ton of great activities and get-togethers, but that is 5 hours from me. I will attempt to reach out to them again.

I think I unfortunately live in a Ferrari Dead Zone in Coastal Georgia. Hopefully Maine will be a tad more active.

Best............Rob

10. 430jm

430jm Formula Junior

Jun 11, 2017
    Atlanta
    Join the Ferrari Club and check out the GA chapter. Fun group.

11. 430jm

430jm Formula Junior

Jun 11, 2017
    Atlanta
    Just go online and join. National is tough to reach.

Lunch Bag likes this.
  12. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro

Hi Bob:, sorry I have not responded earlier - I have been busy lately and not on Fchat.

I'm a VP with the local Ga FCA chapter. Cody Laird is our state president. his FChat handle is Atldoghouse.

if you pvt message me I'm happy to get you in contact with him. It is true that there is not much activity that happens along the coastal regions on a routine basis, however, we did a long weekend to Jekyll island last year. I'm not sure of any upcoming plans for the Savannah area, but if you speak with Cody perhaps we can help create something. There is a larger density of owners in the Atlanta area so that is why there is more going on up here. All Ferrari owners are welcome to any events we publically announce here on Fchat = and if you are not an owner we still want you to come and hang out!, you just can't park with the Ferrari's. The Ga. folks are VERY friendly we have a good core group, and between the FCA and Ferrari of Atlanta, there are lots of things going on.

I hope to see you at an event soon!

Tom

13. rampante550

rampante550 Formula Junior

Jul 20, 2010
    NC
    Full Name:
    D Day
    a couple alternative considerations:
    • might be worth going to amelia concours next year to try to meet likeminded folks
    • maybe the hilton head one in the fall too
    • roebling road is a track that used to have ferrari events on occasion, not sure about these days (outside savannah)
    • maybe see if there is a cars & coffee type event in some of the communities (kiawah, sea island, etc.)
    • fwiw, i think jacksonville is a lot closer than atlanta and may be worth checking things out there
    • try the facebook pages for any of the above and if there is one for ferrari club, sometimes people are more responsive there vs email

14. Lunch Bag

Lunch Bag Rookie

Apr 18, 2022
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Tom @spirot
    Thank you for the response and I will PM you.

@rampante550 -
    Thank you for the ideas. I definitely want to head to Amelia next year. Always looks to be a beautiful and fun event.