Cold Start Injector Not Spraying on 308 TTS OK. Electrical? | FerrariChat

Cold Start Injector Not Spraying on 308 TTS OK. Electrical?

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by 308GTS, Feb 17, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 308GTS

308GTS Formula 3

Dec 27, 2001
    TN
    I was checking my Cold Start Injector (CSI). I noticed that it wasn't spray when the car was cold. I went to the thermo time switch(TTS). I checked the resistance at W, G, housing and compared them with the Factory specs in the WSM. It is in spec. I then cleaned it thoroughly and after reinstalling check for continuity via the G and engine. I also check continuity across the poles. My TTS is working fine. I then removed the CSI and checked it manually. (12V to it via battery) Atomization is wonderful. It also doesn't leak when pressure is applied to it. Now comes my question why is it not spraying? It must be electrical but where could the issue be? Does power come from the starter solenoid? Any info would be appreciated. The more specific the better. Thanks.

2. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    You should give year/version of your 308.

Do you have a copy of the your particular injection system wiring diagram?

The +12V to run the TTS system does usually come from the 15a terminal on the starter solenoid (that 15a terminal goes +12V only when the starter solenoid is closed -- i.e., during actual starter cranking). Unfortunately, the cold start valve is also used to add enrichment during cold acceleration so there will probably be a relay and some kind of vacuum sensing switch involved too. But check if that 15a terminal on the starter solenoid goes +12V during cranking (it would be the lucky fix if it was just the 15a-to-50 switch inside the starter solenoid ;))

3. 308GTS

308GTS Formula 3

Dec 27, 2001
    TN
    Thanks for the info. It is a 1985 308 QV USA Spec.