Collecting my new 488 from the factory..... | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Collecting my new 488 from the factory.....

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by 100badboy100, Nov 8, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Michael, thank you very much for sharing your 488 GTB delivery story here including all those marvelous pictures!!!

2. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Newbury, Berkshire, England
    Full Name:
    John
    Thanks for coming along, Michael. I think we made a little boy very happy today.

For everyone else, this is the story behind today's drive down to Cornwall - it was in response to this e-mail that I received earlier this week:

Looking for some help guys:
    Daniel is 5 years old and is into his Hot Wheels. Unfortunately on July 8th Daniel was diagnosed with a DIPG brain tumour. Sadly it’s a 0% survival rate, the average is 9 months and he is now 5 months into that. He’s just come out of six weeks radiotherapy and is due to start another round in the next couple of weeks. We are organising a drive out to meet him on Sunday 19th November, in Bodmin, Cornwall. We are looking for Daniel’s Favourite cars - Ferrari and Lamborghini. Anyone that is in the area and is able to help please come along and if you know anyone that can help please get them to come too. Thank you guys lets make this little boy’s dream come true before its to late.

So we headed down to Bodmin to see little Daniel and his family this morning. Eight Ferraris, two Lambos, a couple of Macs, a Noble and a pair of Mustangs and Daniel had a great time getting in and out of pretty much every car at least once, tooting horns and revving engines!

Here he is in the driving seat of my 550:

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

F140C, stavura, JimPVB and 10 others like this.
  3. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    Great trip Michael, looking forward to more writing and photo's in future I am sure ...

Thanx for sharing with us.

4. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    For Bluetooth music make sure the volume on your phone is turned all the way up as it will effect the total sound output.

5. VPX

VPX Karting

Jun 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Victor
    Finally got a break to come and see the thread! Awesome experience Michael, one hell of a trip!

100badboy100 likes this.
  6. 100badboy100

100badboy100 Formula Junior
    Owner

Sep 15, 2016
    Devon- U.K.
    Full Name:
    Michael
    So had some time this week now that my car is home to complete a few tweaks that I wanted to do....

1-Installed a hill engineering dead pedal. Fairly easy to do if you follow Ray Johns instructions, has to file the new hex head bolts down a bit to get them to fit flush and used some electrical tape behind the pedal and under the carpet to hide the exposed aluminium. This is a brilliant good looking cheap reversible upgrade. Had to recap the top hole as it didn't appear to be threaded all the way through..2 minute job and all done!

2- installed my Italian flag badge on the deck lid that I got on here from Dermot. The quality is factory and very easy to fit, again a very effective low cost reversible upgrade.

3- Next I put in my mats that I had made by Andrew at exoticare, again they look brilliant and match perfectly and of course easy to remove to put back to stock. These were cheaper than the factory upgrade mats and better design and equal if not better quality.

4- Installed my Carbonio extended shift Padels, theses are beautiful things. Very easy to install all I would say though on a 488 is use a good quality long Alan Key, as the one supplied although a good shape twists to much and may damage the Alan screws, easy access for a good quality Alan key. Can't wait to use these (it's raining today and I only cleaned the car again yesterday!)

5- Had my PPF - Expel ultimate installed by chipguard, pretty much the whole car covered. Yes you can tell if you look hard enough that it is wrapped, but it is perfect for what I need, driving down country lanes and stuff!!

Some before and after pictures for you to look at above......had some problems posting them into the thread!

So what is left on the list to do....

1- Adjust the height of the drivers seat- dealer doing that on Friday
    2-The right hand TFT screen is not sitting correct- dealer doing that on Friday
    3-Drivers seat belt seems to be installed with a half twist in it, so again dealer can sort that on Friday

4- still need to hardware in my GPS camera detector....I think I can do it by pulling out the 12v socket instead of removing the central tunnel, but tried pulling the 12v socket out, it comes out about an inch but then gets stuck...Hmmmmmm I guess on the wire or bulb holder......Anyone help on this????

5- as I have the carbon wheel and paddles now, will source a carbon cover for the tachometer as they just slip over...need to find the best one for the job...

6- plug the vacuum lines...That is next weekends job to take the diffuser off and have a go at doing that...I don't have a lift so need to get down on the floor to do it....hmmmmmmm

Regards

Michael

of2worlds and Jonkheer like this.
  7. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Very nice. Interesting given you have also red in the car why the white stitching. IMO I like the white stitching as it shows the contours of a black interior better than red

8. ppg70

ppg70 Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2017
    ciao Michael

1- where did you buy the dead pedal? I need LHD version btw
    2- can you give me the contact of Dermot? for Italian flag badge
    3 - where did you buy the extended shift paddles?

thank you in advance for your help
    Pier

of2worlds likes this.
  9. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    of2worlds likes this.
  10. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    Fantastic journey! I felt like I was with you! The pictures are outstanding too!

11. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mel
    @ 4- still need to hardware in my GPS camera detector....I think I can do it by pulling out the 12v socket instead of removing the central tunnel, but tried pulling the 12v socket out, it comes out about an inch but then gets stuck...Hmmmmmm I guess on the wire or bulb holder......Anyone help on this???? @

Not clear to me ....you need a powerlead for a detector ? Where is the 12 v socket located in your 488 ?

12. 100badboy100

Owner

Sep 15, 2016
    Devon- U.K.
    Full Name:
    Michael

Hi Pier

I think someone has already answered but to confirm

1- dead pedal is from hill engineering, it is universal RHD and LHD but is listed on their site as for 458 but they are universal for 488 to..I have some spare longer screws for fitting if you drop me a pm I will put a couple in the post to you....if you follow the instructions from RayJohns on here you will be fine, you will need to file the bolts down a bit to get them to sit flush I just put them in a vice and used a file and they are perfect.

2- Dermot is a member on here his I'd is ohared if you contact him he should be able to help if you search on here you may find some of his threads, he is based here in the uk and was great to deal with.

3- extended shift paddles are from Carbonio and they are beautiful and make driving even more fun

Regards

Michael

13. 100badboy100

Owner

Sep 15, 2016
    Devon- U.K.
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Thanks Racerdj it was great fun.

Regards

Michael

14. 100badboy100

Owner

Sep 15, 2016
    Devon- U.K.
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Hi Mel

Photo showing location of 12v socket

Plan is to run a hard wire,from the back of the 12v socket (switched live) through the tunnel and bring the power wire up just by the first cup holder in front of where the key rest is. I can then fab a small mount in the cup holder to hold my speedcheetah which will sit just in front of the key.

If I can't pull out the 12v socket I will need to work out how to,take the tunnel out to get to the back of the lighter socket.

Regards

Michael

15. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mel
    Understood now Michael.

There is also another possibility ... make a powerlead direct from the battery.

Less trouble ...and easy to make or take out again if needed.

16. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mel
  17. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    Fab!!
    Congrats and thanks for sharing !!!!

18. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mel
    Did you realize your wiring Michael ?

19. 100badboy100

Owner

Sep 15, 2016
    Devon- U.K.
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Yes all done

Ran a power lead from the fuse box through the centre tunnel, then made a bracket for my cheetah that just sits in the first cup holder so all totally reversible if need be. This solution would also work well for a mobile phone holder to.

Regards

Michael

20. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mel
  21. 100badboy100

Owner

Sep 15, 2016
    Devon- U.K.
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Just received my production photo today!

So looks like pictures are still coming through, I picked my car up from the factory early November and the production picture turned up today, so that's about a 3 month delay.

Kinda finishes the thread off nicely with the picture coming through!

Regards

Michael

Image Unavailable, Please Login

of2worlds and REALZEUS like this.
  22. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mel
    Ha ha .... at least you now have it

23. ppg70

ppg70 Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2017
    super Michael....may be is the second one for free!! Buy one get two:D

24. ppg70

ppg70 Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2017
    Ciao Michael,

I sent you a message as “conversation”, please check it!!

Thanks
    Pier