Collector grade Challenge Stradale soon to be on the market. | FerrariChat

Collector grade Challenge Stradale soon to be on the market.

Discussion in '360/430' started by rzundel, Jul 10, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rzundel

rzundel Formula Junior

Dec 30, 2006
    Southern California
    After 8 years as the 2nd lucky owner I am considering letting go of my fully documented collector grade CS with only 4975 miles. It is a no stripe full leather CS but would argue that it’s one of the nicest examples of the CS in existence. This car is pristine and has been preserved as a miticulous collector owner with tremdous enjoyment maintaining it to showroom specs just as the original owner did.

The question is what is the correct price point to sell it? There aren’t that many sub 5k mile CS’s remaining that have been maintained at this level. Yes I understand it doesn’t have a stripe. When I purchased the car I was more taken by the special condition than it’s options.

As CS owners we are all interested in the appreciation we are experiencing with this special car. I think the next 10 years will even be more interesting. Without a stripe this won’t be a high watermark car but I think it should be close considering the uniqueness of this example. I’m looking for input from the CS owner community.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Oengus

Oengus F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Beautiful,
    I just paid 229k for a striped car with 9500 miles if that helps.
    The dealer was going to raise it to 259k if I didn't buy it.

3. CarbonDan

CarbonDan Karting

Aug 19, 2017
    PNW
    Based on recent sales, I would say somewhere around $250-$260k USD.
    That's a beautiful example and stripes are easy enough to add a decal if someone really had to have one (I know they're cleared over at the factory, save the lecture LOL). Sad to see you leaving the CS club. What's next?

Michael B likes this.
  4. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    I think stripeless cars are the new thing ;)

5. piratepress

piratepress Formula Junior

May 18, 2009
    Mississippi
    Full Name:
    Chip A.
    Gorgeous! GLWS!

6. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    Paging Stokpro...

(I'd guess a real sale price of 250-300 based on what "collection cars" have sold for when available)

7. Bigilo

Bigilo Karting

Sep 28, 2013
    San Antonio, Texas
    I would put it on sale at 265,000 USD, it has the right color and options for max resale value IMHO.

8. fc2

fc2 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Nov 2, 2006
    Silicon Valley Ca.
    Full Name:
    Frank C.
    Nice car... I don't think you'll need to worry about selling it. Have you considered Bring a Trailer and setting a reserve to cover your bottom end?

9. Oengus

Oengus F1 World Champ

Except for the stripe ;)

10. rzundel

rzundel Formula Junior

Dec 30, 2006
    Southern California
    Thanks for your input. I haven’t decided yet on the next obsession. Still scratching my head on the sell. I’ve had a great 8 year run with it and thought it was time to at least see if I can find the right buyer who appreciates this rare gem.

11. rzundel

rzundel Formula Junior

Dec 30, 2006
    Southern California
    . You and Stokpro were influencers when I bought the car. Same for Oengus. Good to still see you still active in the CS community.

360trev and Oengus like this.
  12. Oengus

Oengus F1 World Champ

I’d keep it....just add to the stable. I made the mistake about 6 yrs ago selling my Stradale, it cost me a few k more to buy another one.
    I’ve driven a bunch of cars but the Stradale is one of those special ones.

LARRYH and rzundel like this.
  13. Teenferrarifan

Teenferrarifan F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    Media, PA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Watching this thread closesly as we have the twin to this car with 4,600 miles on it with a full leather interior (tan)... they are wonderful cars! Good Luck with the sale if you decide to sell it!

rzundel and CarbonDan like this.
  14. Oengus

Oengus F1 World Champ

There coming out of the woodwork

15. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Imo the exotic market is super soft these days and i see this selling at 225-230

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Mikestradale

Mikestradale F1 Rookie

Jan 25, 2006
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Mike
  17. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    In what sense ? It cannot be as a driving machine in order to maintain the mileage - if not that then what ?

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  18. Jason Crandall

Jason Crandall F1 Veteran

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I'd put it on the market for $329K

I think there are very few CS's still remaining today. Even fewer with sub $5K miles.

19. Oengus

Oengus F1 World Champ

I agree with Jason, they aint making anymore. Good ones/low mileage ones should command a premium.

20. Jason Crandall

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I think there could be fewer CS's remanning than 16M's. Everyone coveted their 16M's. Everyone trashed their CS's. It wasn't until after the damage was done that people started taking care of their CS's.

Oengus likes this.
  21. Jason Crandall

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Also, Rzundel.... you've been transparent regarding your ownership of this car and the care you've taken. You can see it's history right here on FChat.

I think odometer roll backs are a huge problem in the car world right now. I bought a car recently that had an odometer roll back and it was wrecked. Everything on Carfax said it was a perfect car. My close friend recently bought an Aventador with the same problem. It's not rocket science. A high mileage CS is $160K. A low mileage CS is $300K. Any nerd with a computer can figure out how to fiddle with the odometer.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  22. rzundel

rzundel Formula Junior

Dec 30, 2006
    Southern California
    Thanks Jason1st. Good to hear from you. You were also an early influencer when I got into the CS world. Yes I have done some posting on my CS here on fchat especially in the early years. Hope that adds to my credibility of my claims to your point. Scares me to think that someone would mess with mileage on this level of car. Mine is fully documented with all the service records. Regarding pricing I would think a low mileage pristine example would be pushing the $300k mark. I would love to hear if anyone is paying that?

23. rzundel

rzundel Formula Junior

Dec 30, 2006
    Southern California
    That’s a nice round number. :) Would also like to get Input on selling on consignment through a dealer or private party? It would be great to have a fellow f-chatter be the new home.

24. Russell996

Russell996 Formula 3

Sep 24, 2010
    New Forest UK
    Full Name:
    Russell
    LOL

25. CarbonDan

CarbonDan Karting

Aug 19, 2017
    PNW
    This pristine example sold for nearly $400k USD, all in.
    http://www.challenge-stradale.com/138116.html