College Football 2018 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

College Football 2018

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Texas Forever, Sep 8, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    So FSU loses by 49 points. I was in the stadium the only other time that happened: last game of the 1973 season at Florida Field in Gainesville. A mediocre Florida team stomped on the Seminoles 49-0, in a year that FSU finished 0-11. We were positively giddy in the grandstand!

2. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
  3. Thomas Magnum

Thomas Magnum F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 24, 2013
    Full Name:
    Mark
  4. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    I just painted FB with that

5. Thomas Magnum

Thomas Magnum F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 24, 2013
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Me too.

6. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    In my time at FSU (70-76), I only attended one football game. It was FSU v Florida at home. The only reason I went was because Ike and Tina Turner played. Bowden almost won that game. Yes, my last year at FSU was Bobby Bowden's first year. I'm old.

TexasF355F1 likes this.
  7. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    What is Michigan's problem? Why can't they ever beat OSU? They need to drop out of the top 10 for that loss.

Go Gators btw. I hope FSU renews Taggart's contract for eternity. :) So far he's 1 year into the 6 year deal ($30 million over 6 years lol).

Really hope Notre Dame loses. I don't like how they are allowed to compete for a national title, but remain independent. Join a conference...

schwoo likes this.
  8. TheDuke

TheDuke Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2011
    Texas
    The A&M game took some years off my life. Gig em!

I love watching LSU lose

9. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    What a heartbreaking loss for LSU with that late 4th quarter INT called back. Their fan base has the most stressful games anywhere in college football and on a regular basis.

The loss is good for the Gators as it will make a New Years Day bowl game more of a possibility for UF.

I still think Notre Dame is overrated. Hope they get blown out in first playoff game.

10. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    This it the part if the season I enjoy the least

11. willwork04

willwork04 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2012
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Will
    I was at the LSU vs. A&M game. Holy moly. Place was insane all night. I think I had about 8 heart attacks. I have been dealing with LSU losses for 7 years. Finally a win. I work with a ton of LSU fans. Can’t wait for tomorrow.

TexasF355F1 likes this.
  12. willwork04

willwork04 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2012
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Will
    Agreed. There is going to be a bunch of BS this upcoming weekend when it comes to the playoff...

13. Thomas Magnum

Thomas Magnum F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 24, 2013
    Full Name:
    Mark
  14. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Jimbo sucks. His legacy is what happened yesterday in Tallahassee.

Thomas Magnum likes this.
  15. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    Alabama will get in the playoffs regardless of the SEC CG result so it doesn't matter. ND is in as well. Only the others have something to lose.

16. willwork04

willwork04 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2012
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Will
    What happened on Saturday?

17. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    FSU ended up with its first losing season since 1976 and no bowl games since 1981. You watch. Fisher will drop you guys in the grease. He has his eyes on Alabama.

18. willwork04

willwork04 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2012
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Will
    But but but.... He has $75mil guaranteed!

Texas Forever likes this.
  19. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Ain’t enuf, never is. Every year Jimbo would ***** about money and get another bump. It was an annual ritual. Besides who wouldn’t want the Bama gig.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

willwork04 likes this.
  20. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Even though Ohio State is only #6 in both regular polls, many pundits expect them to leapfrog both Georgia and Oklahoma to get a playoff spot. What do you guys think?

21. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    I doubt it. They had a very very bad loss to Purdue and almost lost to a crap Maryland team as well. They beat another overrated Michigan team and they think it means something. When was the last time Michigan did anything? Don't count 1997...that year is part Tom Osborne's and Nebraska's dynasty.

OU barely lost to UT and can get that win this Saturday and will have beaten every team on their schedule at that point.

Hope OSU gets destroyed by Bama if they con voters into thinking they deserve a spot. Bama is going to playoffs regardless of SEC CG result and UGA obviously would go if they beat Bama, but will not go if they lose.

22. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    Penultimate CFP rankings out.

1 - Bama
    2 - Clemson
    3 - ND
    4 - Georgia
    5 - OU
    6 - OSU
    7 - Michigan
    8 - UCF
    9 - UF
    10 - LSU

Bama is in no matter what happens in their game on Saturday. ND is in as well as they have no more games. Clemson should win even though they didn't look so good on Saturday vs USC.

Georgia needs to win and they're in.
    OU needs to win + a UGA loss to get in.
    OSU needs a to win + UGA and OU losses. I don't see them leapfrogging with style points on Saturday even if OU-UT is close like before.

23. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    OU's defense is so underwhelming that if they wind up playing Alabama in the playoff, they'll probably lose worse than Georgia probably will.

24. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    Actually I feel sorry for the guy who comes in after Saban. It will be especially horrible if Saban steps down right after another title when he is on the tip top of the tip top of the football world.

I lived through Bryant and what happened after. We didn't calm down until Stallings got there and that was only because he was one of Bear's boys - that was a rough stretch. Ask Bill Curry. Hell, ask Ray Perkins... Bama fans love to live in the past. A new guy isn't going to be banging out wins like now. I just don't see who could.

The running joke was how many Bama fans does it take to change a light bulb? Answer: 1000. 1 to put in the new one and 999 to talk about how great the old one was.

I cannot believe I am letting myself say this but Saban will be leaving even bigger shoes to fill than Coach Bryant did.

Texas Forever likes this.