Color choice | FerrariChat

Color choice

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by bayareaferrari, Nov 29, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bayareaferrari

bayareaferrari Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2004
    California
    I know this is personal preference but wanted to get some opinions.

For an F12...
    Which do you like better? Which shows the car better? Which has more general appeal?

Silverstone
    Rosso Maranello
    Nero

Sent from my SM-G950U using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. BoochZilla

BoochZilla Rookie

Jul 10, 2016
    IMO You lose some of the F12 sophistication, elegance and magic in Nero. I dig black Ferrari’s, my DD is black, but black is a missed opportunity on an F12z

Silverstone is restrained and timeless. In my top 3 when I was looking.

Rosso Maranello is a triple strata metallic 30k paint option. No orange peel. Between the extra layers of paint and the clear the car looks wet all the time and the depth of the paint is nuts. It highlights a every wonderful line, nook and sweep.

I did the same calculus you are doing about a year ago. I bought a Rosso Maranello and fall in love with it over again every time I see it. The darker red is elegant and refined, but it’s still flavor of red.

Rosso Berlinetta has similar burgundy qualities. Rosso mugello a bit more purple. Rosso Fuoco has a rustier feel. Corsa or Scud are a misalignment on a GT flagship.

Maranello was the stand out red when I really dove into these weeds.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

3. bayareaferrari

Dec 19, 2004
    California
    Yes, this does help...thank you...i have always owned Grey or dark colored cars not a fan of the bright red so....you can certainly understand where i am coming from.

Sent from my SM-G950U using FerrariChat.com mobile app

of2worlds likes this.
  4. obbob

obbob Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2017
    Silverstone and maranello are my two favorite Ferrari colors(my Speciale is Silverstone). However, I never felt comfortable paying the insane premium for Maranello. If you have a preowned car in that shade, I'd say jump on it! It's no doubt a very rare color.

5. bayareaferrari

Dec 19, 2004
    California
    These comments help...Any others? Anyone think Rosso Maranello is less desirable?

6. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I think they are all equally desirable. It's simply some prefer one color over another. I would be torn between GS and RM. I don't love nero on the F12b.

of2worlds, MDEL and bayareaferrari like this.
  7. bayareaferrari

Dec 19, 2004
    California
  8. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    IMO the three colors look good but each one has it's own personality making the F12 look different. GS as was already said is timeless and also discrete, RM is the very Ferrari one and you can't get unnoticed anywhere, finally Nero and specially the non metallic, is a color that looks stunning after the car has been washed but of the three is the one which enhances less the lines.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

MalibuGuy, of2worlds and Caeruleus11 like this.
  9. Caeruleus11

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Black is always glorious when clean. And its dirty a minute later ;)

I've had people tell me, oh I got this color so it won't get noticed as much, and I have to say its not just the color but the shape of the car and even the noise. Case in point: Blu Pozzi FF- no one noticed me. Blu Pozzi F12- I get noticed.

of2worlds and MDEL like this.
  10. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
  11. bayareaferrari

Dec 19, 2004
    California
    of2worlds likes this.
  12. NeilF8888

NeilF8888 Formula 3

Feb 10, 2005
    Miami Beach

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  13. Gullwing

Gullwing Karting

Aug 30, 2016
  14. Caeruleus11

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
  15. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    Ok, my 2 cents...
    Rossa Maranello is stunning, no doubt! But I prefer Silverstone. To me, it is more elegant and less flashy. Any F12 is not discreet, but the Silverstone is more understated which is something I appreciate.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

LVP488 likes this.
  16. RamsHmb

RamsHmb Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    James
    IMHO...you can’t go wrong with either Maranello or Silverstone. I am biased as my wife’s FF is Maranello and my F12 is Silverstone. I am also a grey car guy and just built my 812in GF. I had a Cali t in GF and loved it. I also agree with some of the comments on black. I think it washes the car out too much. Happy to send you a pic of the two colors next to each other, albeit slightly dirty and different models but it may give a nice real world comparison.

BoochZilla and of2worlds like this.
  17. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    I have two in RM - an FF I bought used and a Speciale I spec'd new. Absolutely delighted with the colour and worth the extra for a car I will keep (Speciale). It can be understated in lower light and shines a deep blood red in sunlight. Best of both worlds and it is the sort of colour a beautiful car deserves. You will never tire of its beauty and versatility.

I also like Silverstone and have a Lusso coming in that colour. But I strongly prefer RM for an F12 if you can justify the cost in your head IMO, especially if you don’t plan on daily driving the car. Even then I would go RM personally.

BoochZilla likes this.