Color for best resale | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Color for best resale

Discussion in '296' started by ATLBond, Aug 7, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rxbg

rxbg Karting

Apr 11, 2010
    USA
    the best color is green.

the more green you have the less you have to worry about resale value.

2. Cadeaux

Cadeaux Karting

May 23, 2022
    Honestly with how far over sticker all these F8's are still selling for, hell most 488 on BAT still come in around sticker, I can't believe anyone paying sticker for a 296 would lose any money in the first 36 months

BigJay2050 likes this.
  3. rxbg

rxbg Karting

Apr 11, 2010
    USA
    what if i put say---12k miles on it in the first 24 months. will i lose money

4. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    Here are my thoughts about that question and I mean zero disrespect at all. These cars are not investments. Perhaps the limited edition models can be considered so, but not regular production vehicles. Buy the car if you want to enjoy it and, most importantly, can afford it. Think of it as an epic adventure vacation. You will never make back the money spent on one of those, but it doesn’t matter because you will do that for the experience.

Expect to lose money and enjoy the heck out of it. If when you sell/trade you break even, then that is fantastic! If you make a little then that’s even better.

Those are my thoughts. :)

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

SonomaRik, x z8, bamaman and 8 others like this.
  5. Cadeaux

Cadeaux Karting

May 23, 2022
    Honestly maybe not, your dealer would likely be able to sell it for more. Most people sign paperwork stating dealer will get first right of refusal to buy back for sticker within first 12 months. The F8 Spiders are going between $500-550k now and the one my dealer had for sale at $549k had 1200 miles and a $373k sticker.

SonomaRik and jm2 like this.
  6. Cadeaux

Cadeaux Karting

May 23, 2022
    If you lose money on a new exotic car today you're just doing it wrong, sorry its the truth. There is not one exotic trading for anywhere near sticker today, there is no reason to even discuss the 296 being under sticker bc its not going to be a reality at all.

7. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    I don’t disagree about today. Today the car market is bizarre. Not likely to continue forever. I have an allocation for a 296 GTS. I have no idea what the market will be then, let alone when I want to sell it.

Regardless, I am not buying any Ferrari counting on selling it for a profit. Ever. That’s a good way to justify pay for something you cannot afford.

8. Cadeaux

Cadeaux Karting

May 23, 2022
    No Ferrari in decades has sold under sticker in any reasonable timeframe. Hell in 2001 I paid $245k for a 360 spider used bc I wanted one and all I could do was pay over sticker, was nearly double the sticker

ryalex likes this.
  9. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John

I still believe it is a mistake to count on that when purchasing. But that’s just me. So I order what I like and don’t worry about resale. If I was worried about resale, I should not purchase.

I did just buy a new CT5 Blackwing with a manual. Will probably hold its value. But if it doesn’t, I don’t care. I’m having fun with it!

Cheers!

10. Sushistar

Sushistar Karting

Jan 20, 2018
    Berlin
    I bought my 296 GTB for 295.000 Euro. Here is the first car on a sale platform. Of course I don't sell my car. But this are round about 170.000 Euro more. That's a lot. So don't care about the color.

Attached Files:

Cadeaux likes this.
  11. Cadeaux

Cadeaux Karting

May 23, 2022
    Interesting, what is the base price in Europe? Was yours pretty base? The base in the US last I heard was $321k, most are likely $400k+ before tax which is nearly 400k euros. Thats awesome that you got yours so early with a sticker like that.

12. IvanRico

IvanRico Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2021
    Westchester NY
    Full Name:
    Ivan Rico
    That makes no sense at all when the car isn’t sent to production.

I just made changes to my order without any expectations of delay.

+ Asseto Fiorano
    - lifter
    - 360 view (not needed and the camera bulges aren’t desirable)

13. SeattleStew

SeattleStew Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 10, 2020
    In the rain
    Full Name:
    Stew
    Certain special colors can add as much as an extra 3 months of wait time for production.

As for best color, resale red. Tried and true, there are still plenty of people who won’t buy a ferrari unless it’s red. My opinion is buy the car you want and somebody will buy it when you’re done with it.

14. rxbg

rxbg Karting

Apr 11, 2010
    USA
    trust i'm not one of those guys. in fact- i agree 100% with you. i was just asking our of curiosity since this will be my first fanculo. i plan on making 0 money and having a blast owning it. and showing the public on the street AND the track that yes- these cars do get driven. and driven well.

halr75 and jumpinjohn like this.
  15. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    You will have a blast then!!!
    :)

16. sparetireless

sparetireless Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    this green and silver looks great even with the crazy paint package, nice spec.

17. JanStuart

JanStuart Karting

Mar 20, 2019
    Sarasota Florida
    Full Name:
    Jan Sirota
    Do we know what color that is? Grigio Ingrid or titanium?

18. daoman

daoman Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 21, 2008
    Washington DC area
  19. Kmaaq

Kmaaq Formula Junior

Jul 26, 2019
    Full Name:
    Khalid Mohammed ALQattan
    Jo Sta7 and day355 like this.
  20. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Lol

I bought 2 488s for 40k back of sticker.

Also... If you were forced to buy an ff... You ended up losing 60-100k depending on the spec the day you left the dealer and sold it.

The amount of gung ho misinformation about the market... Especially historically... In this thread is hilarious.

21. Clod488

Clod488 Karting

Jan 4, 2021
    Miami Beach
    Base price in Italy now is Euro 283.000 vat included . Pul extra 1500/2000 euro for delivery , tag etc. Euro 295.000 for a GTB have less the 10.000 euro in optional .........

Car for sale said that is full carbon , only for the rims are Euro 33.000 ......easy to go over 450/500.000

22. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
  23. VegasGreek

VegasGreek Karting

Jun 25, 2022
    Las Vegas
  24. KEMA

KEMA Karting

Mar 8, 2011
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    Kenneth
    My EU spec Zegwelt Green, atelier, full carbon, racing seats etc. but no AF package came in at EUR315K ex VAT, ex registration taxes.

Gh21631 and Jo Sta7 like this.