430 - Color of Sideview Mirrors/F430 Label | FerrariChat

430 Color of Sideview Mirrors/F430 Label

Discussion in '360/430' started by VAF84, Jan 30, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

Hello everyone, I've got two questions I'm hoping someone can help me with:

• Can someone please confirm whether all F430's side view mirrors were painted the same color as the body from factory?
    • Do both side view mirrors have "F430" stamped into them or just the drivers side? Only my driver's side mirror has it.

I'm in the process of reverting things to factory condition on the F430 I purchased (minor items). I've already sent out the rear lights and reflectors to be wet sanded, polished, and clear coated to remove the black tinting. They came out looking great. However, I'm almost positive that the side view mirrors should be silver and not black so I'm considering removing them to get them painted. For now I'm going to leave the black double stripe down the middle of the car (I believe it's vinyl/wrap), but I'm getting rid of anything else that has been painted/wrapped/tinted black from its original state so this information would be helpful.

2. ridege55

ridege55 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 9, 2017
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    F430 only on driver's side and mirrors same color as body

3. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

Thanks @ridege55 !

4. ridege55

ridege55 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 9, 2017
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    VAF84 likes this.
  5. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

Your F430 looks amazing with those wheels. That’s really the only upgrade I’ve considered aside from headers. I wanted some wheels the same color as yours.

I just noticed your front bumper. We’re the inlets same color as the car? Mine are black.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

6. ridege55

ridege55 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 9, 2017
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    Good catch. The inlets should be a darker grey color but the prior owner had them painted to the same color as the body.

I had the headers changed out a few months after purchase. The PPI did not catch that they were leaking. Definitely louder but don’t know if it sounds better. Being I that live in the republic of California, I am afraid to change the exhaust now with the new laws that they passed on emissions and noise. Otherwise I would switch them out. Do check out your exhaust brackets. I found mine to be cracked on one side and sheared on the other.

VAF84 likes this.