Colour change on 430 Spider | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Colour change on 430 Spider

Discussion in '360/430' started by tonyl8281, Dec 5, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. KC360 FL

KC360 FL Formula 3

Jun 20, 2017
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    KGC
    If the re-paint is done correctly/professionally, and you change the PPG paint code sticker (not sure how unless you had one made) then I would have to agree, tough to tell at that point. And unless it's a collector type car most buyers probably won't dig too far into the car's past color buy checking with previous owners.

2. dreichman

dreichman Formula Junior

Sep 9, 2011
    Denver, CO
    It’s incredibly simple to figure out if a car has been re-sprayed or not. It takes less than two seconds with a paint Gage and a couple locations around the car. Anyway, it’s incredibly dishonest to sell a car and not inform the next buyer if you’ve painted it.

3. KC360 FL

KC360 FL Formula 3

Jun 20, 2017
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    KGC
    Not necessarily true. As stated earlier, with the Ferrari factory painting these panels off of the car, sometimes different painters involved, it's common to see the paint thicknesses vary. Now, with that said there is a "range" to be aware of.

But yes, I agree, I would be a full disclosure kind of guy. Always have been. It's the "flippers" and dealers you have to be concerned with IMO.

4. MD355

MD355 Formula Junior

Mar 8, 2004
    Athens, Greece
    Full Name:
    MD
    Personally, I am against changing the color of any Ferrari, unless it is a really undesirable color, like pink, dark green, light green, etc etc
    (For instance when I saw this Dark Green F40 , immediately I thought to myself, the first thing I would do as an owner is repaint it to original rosso corsa !!! I think Ferraris in colors other then red are cool, but I would never repaint them if they are already red..