355 - Complete F355 Magazines (Japanese) | FerrariChat

355 Complete F355 Magazines (Japanese)

Discussion in '348/355' started by ShineKen, Jan 25, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Japanese publications released 3 high quality magazines (that I know of). Aside from a few books, I don’t know of anyone else releasing dedicated 355 magazines.

I purchased 2 from Bob, which got me hooked and looked for more. There is only one more I just received it today. Beautiful rare images. Alot of work goes into putting these images together. A must-have imo.

The Japanese language is written in 3 forms: Kanji, Hiragana, and Katakana. Kanji is basically memorized calligraphy. Hiragana is japanese words spelled similar to English alphabets. Katakana is actually “english” words spelled out with Japanese alphabets that are very similar to our own. If you take a day or two to memorize Katakana alphabets, you can read maybe 10% of Japanese because alot of advertised products are presented in english words (katakana).

I have visual memorization of certain katakana words for car related parts just through years of scouring Japanese sites. But if you asked me to spell out a word, I probably couldn’t if my life depended on it lol. It’s really weird.

Or you can just use Google Image translator just by pointing your camera phone over the literature and it will translate for you in real time. You don’t even have to snap a pic. Amazing technology really.

Will post more pics soon.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Yassa, SoCal1, Qavion and 1 other person like this.
  2. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    Thanks for the tip, Ken. Previously I had been translating the characters by using the Google Translate pen symbol to write the characters, but you have to be very quick. Not easy when some kanji characters have 24 or so individual "brush" strokes.

The cover seems to say "greatest idol car ever"

(EDIT: damn... I don't think my iPhone has the scanning feature.... too old)

I didn't realise Kreissieg made an exhaust bypass valve... or is that not the central one?

https://kreissieg.ocnk.net/product/108

3. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    My bad. I should have been more specific. The Google Translator is an app. Download it and use it via the app. Pretty simple and amazing really.

Qavion likes this.
  4. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    It seems to me Kreissieg offers two versions. One with a large actuator. Which one to go with? Beats me.

5. Culprit

Culprit Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 4, 2011
    Santa Ana, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian
    Which one is the best? I'm in Japan for an assignment now and can find the first one on Yahoo Auctions for a good price but the other two are rather pricey.

6. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    The HyperRev. Pricey because it is discontinued.

The first one with the yellow car and other one with the red car are almost the same. Shares about 30% of the same content. Getting just one of these and finding a HyperRev should suffice :).

7. phrogs

phrogs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 13, 2004
    Michigan
    ShineKen likes this.