Concorso 2008 | FerrariChat

Concorso 2008

Discussion in 'Arizona & New Mexico' started by Argento839, Feb 9, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Argento839

Argento839 F1 Veteran

Oct 21, 2005
    Christmas, Concorso and then Thanksgiving in that order. Concorso 2007 and those of past happened because of a few people and those people know who you are and you are missed and I'm pi$$ed. Let's have a bigger better Concorso this year and have even more cars and friends huh? What gets in the way of that?

2. nerd

nerd F1 Rookie

Oct 12, 2003
    Coronado, CA
    Full Name:
    RSK
    Divergence of interests tears at the fabric of any association; club, partnership or marriage.

http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showpost.php?p=137357399&postcount=38

http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showpost.php?p=137358764&postcount=59

3. Argento839

Argento839 F1 Veteran

Oct 21, 2005
    I think the first one is a little on the mean side....now flame me!! You know, I didn't see too many local responses in support of that post. I'm not saying that there isn't any support of that point of view but I would bet that for the most part, enthusiasts in the Phoenix area would really like to see large shows like Concorso continue.

4. nerd

nerd F1 Rookie

Oct 12, 2003
    Coronado, CA
    Full Name:
    RSK
    Agreed, but for now area enthusiasts have a choice of venues in which to enjoy our hobby. I for one will actively avoid any club, venue, show, drive, etc. where conflict hangs in the air. Many of us just want to enjoy ownership of fun cars and the camaraderie of fellow enthusiasts without any drama. For now, I get my fill on Saturday mornings. ;)

5. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Ive been hit up for money for years now. The whole thing has kinda pissed me off to be honest. In fact just last week I got an email from an ex-member that somehow got ahold of the FCA email list to drum up more business for some sorta card. I've got a stack of un-wanted business cards from people wanting to sell all sorts of stuff.

I dont mind talking about other things when I'm at a car event..but several people have gone far beyond what I consider polite, correct or decent.

so yes..I too have been avoiding the FCA events and going to alternative venues..

6. Argento839

Argento839 F1 Veteran

Oct 21, 2005
    Guys, I'm glad this is civil so far. I am not aligned with either side.

Yep it’s no fun.

The camaraderie is great. Some of you guys have amazing iron and passion for cars bravo there. The coffee shows are awesome but aren’t you guys going to miss the big annual show the FCA will have?

Ron, thanks for being honest. I see what you mean here. I have come to see that such networking and soliciting within the enthusiast community should indeed be frowned upon. You're right it really is not a good idea. Maybe just pitch those business cards in the garbage and continue to express those concerns personally with those people that have caused you to become annoyed.

The bottom line guys, get a mistress, have a ***** session with whomever or do whatever just be there this year. The Concorso show like the kind that happened last year is worth the FCA dues alone.

7. pat_ernzen

pat_ernzen Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2006
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Patrick Ernzen
    I've always enjoyed the show myself, but then I'm just a spectator. The Copperstate rally isn't an FCA event, is it? I thought that was really cool/enjoyable last year.

8. nerd

nerd F1 Rookie

Oct 12, 2003
    Coronado, CA
    Full Name:
    RSK
    OK, that's just a weird non sequitur.

The only reason I pay my FCA dues is to obtain the parts and labor discount from Ferrari dealers. Period.

9. nerd

nerd F1 Rookie

Oct 12, 2003
    Coronado, CA
    Full Name:
    RSK
    Nope. The Copperstate 1000 is organized by the Men's Art Council which raises funds for the Phoenix Museum of Art.

http://www.mensartscouncil.com/cs/

10. Argento839

Argento839 F1 Veteran

Oct 21, 2005
    Lighten up.

Nice.

11. jbdmd

jbdmd Formula 3

Sep 30, 2007
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    Doc Jay
    new here

can someone give me the clifs notes????

12. djui5

djui5 F1 Veteran

Aug 9, 2006
    Phoenix, Arizona
    I went last year and it was great. Glad I went and hope there is one this year too :D

13. copterjon

copterjon Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2005
    Mesa, Az.
    There is no cliff notes version for this. Trust me, the less you know the better you will be. It's all brain damage anyway.

14. DM1

DM1 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2006
    Southwest
    Full Name:
    DM
    "Can't we all just get along?" HA HA HA!

15. blk

blk Formula Junior

Jan 9, 2007
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Blake
    So theres no plans for concourso this year?

16. Argento839

Argento839 F1 Veteran

Oct 21, 2005
    Its my understanding that there are plans for concorso this year. They said it will be in October.

17. Argento839

Argento839 F1 Veteran

Oct 21, 2005
    +1

18. Under PSI

Under PSI F1 Rookie

May 13, 2005
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Hi Everyone,

My name is Jim and I joined the FCA and was asked to be on the board after all of the apparent conflict took place. I don't care to rehash any of that here. I have spoken with other board members, club members and former club members. I am very sorry to hear that many of you, including many of the individuals who initially founded the club, have become so disheartened. My goals and vision for this club is for it to be a fun organization for Ferrari enthusiasts and owners to get together, share and further their enjoyment of these vehicles. I wish that those of you who no longer attend would please give the club another chance. If you have difficulties or feel there is conflict, please come to me personally and I will do what I can to help. The "NSX/CIA agent" that 410SA spoke of, has been removed from the club and we are doing our best to make things better for all club members. We/I want this to be a fun experience for all, but whenever there is a large group of people, conflict can and will occur. I am friends with you all and would like to see some fences mended and some "old" faces back at club events. Please give it a try.

19. Under PSI

Under PSI F1 Rookie

May 13, 2005
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    Jim
    That's the plan.

20. Argento839

Argento839 F1 Veteran

Oct 21, 2005
    So who else is the FCA going to blackball for 410SA after all he said scumbags plural in his dispicable and almost defamatory in my opinion missive that Nerd was kind enough to remind us of? Maybe 410SA wants to call out the other "scumbags" right here where those people and 410SA can air the facts for everyone to decide or maybe he wants to issue an apology and become a nice guy or maybe he couldn't care less (what I think) about any of it but whatever the case its in question whether he will ever or COULD ever be a part of the FCA again.

21. nerd

nerd F1 Rookie

Oct 12, 2003
    Coronado, CA
    Full Name:
    RSK
    Jim your spirit, attitude and approach will be a great asset to the club.

22. Under PSI

Under PSI F1 Rookie

May 13, 2005
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Thank you. The FCA Desert Region "door" is always open and I will extend my hand in friendship to virtually anyone who wishes join/attend events.

23. jbdmd

jbdmd Formula 3

Sep 30, 2007
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    Doc Jay
    Jim

Thanks for taking up the charge. Some here have been kind enough to explain what has happend in the past to me via PM...Thanks!!!. I am sure there is much I don't and will probably never know/understand about what has happend in the past. But, I am just "the new guy" who wants to hang out with as many people who share my enthusiasm as possible. I hope that we can all get past what has happend so that I can continue to learn from and socialize with you all.

Jim if there is anything I can do to help you please let me know!!

Best

Jason

24. djui5

djui5 F1 Veteran

Aug 9, 2006
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Jim,
    Are you bringing your CS to the next Concorso? :D

25. pat_ernzen

pat_ernzen Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2006
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Patrick Ernzen
    That's kind of a bummer, but at least it's just postponed and not canceled. I guess I still have Copperstate to look forward to in April. :)