Concorso d' Italia | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Concorso d' Italia

Discussion in 'North Central - USA (MI, IN, OH, KY, WV)' started by DieCast MotorSports, Jul 22, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    somebody monkeyed with that car in the past...looks like an open and closed case?
    ch

2. DieCast MotorSports

DieCast MotorSports Formula Junior

Feb 10, 2004
    Michigan, USA
    My favorite.

Ross

3. DieCast MotorSports

Feb 10, 2004
    Michigan, USA
    OK, This might be my favorite too.

Ross

4. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    I did not participate in the stogie smoking myself!

She is our merchandise girl.

5. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    This car did a couple of laps around our dealership the Wednesday prior to the Concours, at our party. If you have never heard one of these cars, you are missing out on the equivalent of audio heaven!

6. skipgt4

skipgt4 Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    GR Michigan
    Full Name:
    Charles VDB
    Better yet you need to hear one go all the way down the front straight at Road America.

7. DieCast MotorSports

Feb 10, 2004
    Michigan, USA
    Kizdan,

I will have to check out the dealership next year prior to the Concorso. Cauley is only eight miles away.

Ross

8. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    My wife and I went all the way down Orchard Lake Road in search of an I-Hop...never found one (great hangover food), then went through the parking lot at Cauley as always. Great looking dealership, especially compared to some others I've been through.

9. Wouter Melissen

Wouter Melissen Formula Junior

Nov 12, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Wouter Melissen
  10. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    Jerry , the next time you need an i-hop fix ,ask and i'll give you directions !There is one on Woodward and one on Telegraph,in the northern burbs.

11. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    There you go w/ the early morning post again John...LOL...you give me inspiration to get an early start myself, kudos!! Let me know if you get to this side of the state and maybe we can get together. Grand Haven Coast Guard fest is going on right now....lots of food, fun and hot women!!

12. mr2speedracer

mr2speedracer Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Denver, CO
    Full Name:
    Nate
    i am just wondering, do you have a sony f717. i think i was standing by you for when they gave out the trophies at Concorso d'Italia i had on the red ferrari shirt and also had a sony f717. i am still waiting for my feature to be up on fast-autos

13. bumboola

bumboola Formula Junior

Mar 7, 2003
    Damn, this I-Hop talk is getting me hungry for some cream cheese french toast!

14. R_Clements

R_Clements Rookie

Jun 30, 2004
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Rob Clements
    So Concorso d'Italia is around the corner again. Who's goin? any word on what will be there yet?

***************.com will be there again and we're willing to take private photo shoots for use on our site, and high-res copies for you at no cost.

to 'mr2speedracer'. yeah that was me beside you at the show. had a Sony F717 last yr, but upgraded last december to a full Canon 20D outfit. much better suited to my style of shooting. you goin' again this year?

15. nopassn

nopassn Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    Kansas City
    Full Name:
    Roy
    I will, of course, be going again this year. It's a great pair of shows, in a great place - and it makes a nice "primer" for the Monterey trip... Last year I was shooting with a Sony MVC-CD500, since then I have upgraded to a full Nikon D100 setup...

16. mr2speedracer

Nov 2, 2003
    Denver, CO
    Full Name:
    Nate
    yup i will be there agian this year with my d70 covering the show for fast-autos.net

17. R_Clements

R_Clements Rookie

Jun 30, 2004
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Rob Clements
    Be sure to introduce yourself then. you should be able to recognize me easy with my red ***************.com shirt.

So now Concorso and the Concours are taking place together on the Sunday.

That's gonna be tough to photograph now, especially if this heat continues. I was completely dead by noon at Eyes on Design last Sunday.

The PR rep has said that running both events on Sunday will allow for more organizing and setup for the Saturday night gala. I guess they had problems last year with clearing everyone out and cleaning up in time for the Saturday night festivities.

oh well, just more insanity to prime me up for Pebble.

18. mr2speedracer

Nov 2, 2003
    Denver, CO
    Full Name:
    Nate
    i wish it would have been on two days but owell, i like how there is now a tour.

i emailed for credentials two weeks ago and have not had a email back so i think i am going to call after weekend and see whats going on.

nate

19. psykosis

psykosis Karting

Feb 22, 2004
    I will be there with some friends of mine. There is a similar show the weekend prior at Cranbrook (info here). I had a great time last year. I got a ride with the owner of TubiStyle USA in his Maser, and my friend and I rolled along side a red Enzo (to the owner, thank you for sticking with us while I filmed it, if you happen to read this). I'm always up for more rides (since I seem to lack the $$$ to own an F-car) if anyone wants to spoil me [​IMG].

Feel free to PM me if you wish to say hello. email me also if you wish. for any ride, I promise to email any pics or videos I shoot from the event to you.

[email protected]

20. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    FYI: Frank got rid of his Maserati and got a red 360 Modena. He and it will be at my show at the Muskegon Cty Airport (w/ Blue Angels) on 7/23 along w/ 2 348 Spiders, a yellow '02 360 spider a '62 GTO (recreation) several 308s, 2 TRs, 1 Lambo, a Ford GT and a Lingerfelter Vette. Make sure you come out!!
    www.muskegonairfair.com

21. psykosis

psykosis Karting

Feb 22, 2004

I'll try and make it. BTW, I met Frank Campanale last year at the Bay Harbor show in Northern MI last year and he told me about Meadowbrook. I hope to see him there as well. There are so many decent owners in this state. It's a great thing to see. I still need to con a ride outta someone though... ;)

22. psykosis

psykosis Karting

Feb 22, 2004
    Looking at my schedule, depending on how much I feel like driving, I may make the Muskegon show on that Saturday, then head down to Detroit for the Cranbrook show on Sunday. The life of a car nut is never dull...