Concorso Ferrari at Pebble: change in where the cars will be displayed? | FerrariChat

Concorso Ferrari at Pebble: change in where the cars will be displayed?

Discussion in 'Events Discussion' started by bitzman, Aug 4, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    Got thrown for another loop.I thought the Concorso Ferrari was all going to be at Casa Ferrari (the picture on the Pebble Beach site shows a concours outside Casa Ferrari from last year)

I thought the Ferrari Tour would come from outside (the North) and end up driving to the lawn at Casa Ferrari.

But then i looked at a map on the Pebble Beach site and it shows (in pink) the route coming from the North but then as the pink line gets close to PB it doesn't show where they enter and conclude the tour. Plus the copy says ?With more than 100 incredible Ferraris split between the 1st and 18th Fairways, there’s no better way to observe and celebrate Maranello’s legendary automotive design and advancement.,"

So does that mean the cars will be spread out \all day or just be whzzin' through the 17 miles and then finally park at Casa Ferrari? Here's the map page, maybe youse cogoscenti fellers can figger it out.

Clueless in Cleveland
    (not really from Cleveland but like that moniker)
    ps threw in my oil of my fave fazazz oil, bringing to Concorso

The PB site with their map:

https://pebblebeachconcours.net/event/ferrari-concours/

Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Seems to be the same as recent years - Ferrari Classiche cars on display on the first fairway (these cars are not in the Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance), and Ferrari’s on the 18th fairway (these cars are in the Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance).

3. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    I think Pebble Beach has a rule you can't win twice in consecutive years so I imagine some of the cars at Concorso Ferrari will be ones that are ineligible for Pebble this year. (the rules are probably published), And somewhere at the PB concours there will be a display of LeMans winners Now i don't know if SN wise they will be the ACTUAL winner or a car of the same make and model. I'm going to suggest they show racing prototypes next year as we don't get to see cars like the 330LMB that weren't capable of winning overall but are still interesting. Even the most sensual Ferrari of all, the P3/4, didn't WIN lemans but plenty of people would like to see one (and they are more than ten times rarer than the fabled GTO)
    Ford took the victory away from Ferrari at the Sarthe in '66 , but Ferrari salvaged pride with Scarfiotti and Parkes in second and the privateer 330 P4 entry of Willy Mairesse and Jean Blaton finished in third.

My 250P painting. Next question is: will the LeMans winners at PB be subject to all the rules other concours cars are subject to? I ask because because they are a special theme display. I'd be willing to give them a break on penalty points because race cars still being raced incur a lot of cosmetic damage compared to concours-only-displayed cars. And we should be grateful some still make track laps because we get to see legends in action...

Image Unavailable, Please Login