Concorso Ferrari in Pasadena | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Concorso Ferrari in Pasadena

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by WALLYTOD, Apr 7, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. netman

netman Formula 3

Jun 17, 2008
    OC SoCal
    Nice event with a good turnout. The wife and I enjoyed ourselves. We left the spider home to bring our hounds. Pasadena is a dog friendly town.

2. FastRed355

FastRed355 Formula 3

Oct 3, 2003
    Westwood
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Wally, you and FCA did a fantastic job.
    Well done.

3. koisokok

koisokok F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 8, 2006
    nine 0 two one 0
    i agree, what an amazing turnout of cars!!

4. Guaruja

Guaruja Formula Junior

Feb 15, 2006
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Andre R
    #30 Guaruja, May 16, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Here are my photos from today:

http://alrphotography.zenfolio.com/p922639202

Congrats on a fantastic event to all those involved - what an exceptional set of cars! Don't think I've ever seen anything more impressive than this!

And a HUGE thanks to Chris and Matt from CXC - the simulator is simply AMAZING! Had a blast "attempting" to tear through Monaco, Interlagos, and Spa!

If you haven't tried their sim yet - you HAVE to!

By the way - I'm WAY too tired to edit any of these in photoshop - but if any of you see any photos you'd like a high-res of, I'll be more than glad to work on them and send it to you...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. Caribe

Caribe Formula Junior

Feb 5, 2001
    Moorpark, California
    Full Name:
    Arnaldo Torres
    Outstanding event! Congratulations to those of you that particpated and the organizers. The variety and the number of cars on display was truly exceptional. My wife and I had a lovely time.

6. Chris-CXC Simulations

Chris-CXC Simulations Formula Junior
    BANNED Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris Considine
    #32 Chris-CXC Simulations, May 16, 2010
    Last edited: May 16, 2010
    Hey, thanks for the kind words! I'm glad you had a good time :)

I hope we got to everyone who wanted to drive today. We were absolutely overwhelmed all day long.

Thanks also to the FCA and Fast Cars for inviting us. I can't wait to do it again! (after I sleep for a week)

7. Jackmb1

Jackmb1 F1 Rookie

Dec 27, 2005
    Great pics!!! It looks like a great event.

8. enzokidd

enzokidd Formula Junior

Jan 18, 2009
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Shaunt
    a truly incredible turnout..i was actually interviewed by ktla at the show but it never showed up on the news. i was so glad to hold the steering wheel once used by Schumi so that was quite a treat as well. looking forward to this next year!

9. SPDADCT

SPDADCT Karting

Oct 28, 2009
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    That was a great event, very well organized. It was great seeing the usual crowd and meeting some new owners.

I was looking forward to seeing a "surprise guest - aka 458 Italia" from Auto Gallery, but I guess we have to wait till June to see one. Look forward to next years gathering.

10. Guaruja

Guaruja Formula Junior

Feb 15, 2006
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Andre R
    Ha - didn't even think about that - but now that you mention it - that was pretty much all that was missing from this event - the 458. And maybe a 599 GTO also ;)

11. SPDADCT

SPDADCT Karting

Oct 28, 2009
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    There was a 599 GTO as I recall. It was parked close to Armen's Enzo. In fact we were discussing the Enzo's engine size in relation to the 599's model designation (5.9L).

12. Guaruja

Guaruja Formula Junior

Feb 15, 2006
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Andre R
    GTB or GTO? Did I miss a GTO??? Did you get any good pictures of it?

13. SPDADCT

SPDADCT Karting

Oct 28, 2009
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    My mistake, 599 GTB.

14. ferio

ferio Karting

Mar 10, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Phil
    Yeah it was a great day and great turn out for the cars. Very enjoyable.

15. Chris-CXC Simulations

Chris-CXC Simulations Formula Junior
    BANNED Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris Considine
    We had a fantastic time meeting everyone at the show this weekend! It was a really great group of people and we got to see some amazing cars as well.

Here are the top three lap times from each simulator:

Car: Dallara IndyCar
    Track: Mazda Laguna Seca Raceway

1. John Hietter 1:24:399
    2. Brandon Adrian 1:30.801
    3. Mike Tuason 1:31.081

Car: Radical SR8
    Track: Infineon Raceway (IRL configuration)

1. Rick Princikple 2:16.131
    2. Pankaj Sunkeri 2:23.767
    3. Anny Wong 2:26.471

We were just absolutely overwhelmed with people wanting to drive the simulators! I really hope everyone got a chance to drive. If not, please don't hesitate to contact us for a “private test-drive” in our showroom in Marina Del Rey. It's really tough to show people just how much our simulators can do in 10 minutes!

16. Ed Niles

Ed Niles Formula 3
    Honorary

Sep 7, 2004
    West Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Edwin K. Niles
    #42 Ed Niles, May 17, 2010
    I had the pleasure of serving as honorary judge this year, and as such got to name the "Best of Show" as well as "Ed's personal favorite". Best of show went ot Peter McCoy's 250GT Cabriolet, S/N 1075GT, which was rescued by our own Tom S. after it was essentially destroyed in the San Diego fire, sold to Peter, and restored by Motion Products. As a Senior Judge for the FCA, I have to say that I can't remember actually seeing a 100 point car before, but the class judges (the very knowledgeable Allen and Rick) awarded this beauty 100 points. Peter, of course, had a photo album showing his car after the fire, and it was necessary to build from scratch such difficult items as the windshield frame! The other award went to Bruce Meyer's 500 TR with 250 TR engine, S/N 0672MD TR. This, of course, was a car that I vividly recall from my days working as a turn marshal at SoCal races. It was one of two 500 TR's brought in by John von Neuman and raced by him, Josie von N. and Richie Ginther with it's original engine, then an 860 Monza, and finally the 250 TR, all installed by Richie when he was parts and service manager at von N's shop on Cahuenga Blvd. (History lesson for you youngsters). And the good news is that Bruce drives it everywhere. Enjoy the pix!

17. jet

jet Formula Junior

Apr 12, 2004
    Bay Area
    That was great event. Up north in Bay Area we had the Marin Concourse on same day but looking at those pictures I wish I was down south!

18. Guaruja

Guaruja Formula Junior

Feb 15, 2006
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Andre R

Here's a photo I took of you and Mr. Meyer at the show:

http://alrphotography.zenfolio.com/p922639202/h59f5aeb#h59f5aeb

19. lovespeed

lovespeed Karting

Dec 29, 2003
    at the track
    Full Name:
    Gene Agatep
    #45 lovespeed, May 17, 2010
    Thank you to the FCA organizers.
    They made me and my family feel special yesterday.

I came in at 9:45am with my 1982 Mondial 8 Coupe modified with a supercharger.
    It so happens that this was the only Mondial Coupe for this event.
    They placed my car right in the middle of all the other cars - what a great parking spot.

The event organizers were very accomodating and pleasant.

I never felt my car to be that great, but these guys made me appreciate what I have even more. My perception prior to attending the event was that the Mondial is the least appreciated Ferrari. After yesterdays compliments from the Ferrari community and the crowd, it felt good to have a car appreciated.

THANK you FCA... We had a great time.

20. wlanast

wlanast Formula 3
    Owner

Jan 9, 2007
    Santa Ana,California
    Full Name:
    William
    #46 wlanast, May 18, 2010
  21. luv2detail

luv2detail Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2006
    North Carolina & SoCal
    Full Name:
    Jason
    What a great turnout! So many models were represented. And of the 5 cars I prepared for the show, 3 took home Platinum, and one took Gold. The 5th was for display only. Another great part of the show was the fact it wasn't 100+ degrees this time.:D

One thing that needs to happen for next year's show, is that the cars need to be roped off. As great as it is for people to be able to see these magnificent cars up close and personal, many do not understand that YOU CAN'T TOUCH THE F#%KING CARS. I saw people leaning against them while their friend snapped a few shots, people dragging camera straps across fenders while shooting 360/430 engines, etc. I had heard some were opening the doors, but didn't believe it. Then I saw someone open the door of a 330GTB! (Rant off) ;)

As usual, it's always great to put some more faces to usernames. It's also great to hear some new words of wisdom from Hank.:D

22. Guaruja

Guaruja Formula Junior

Feb 15, 2006
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Andre R

I actually saw a woman lean on Jon Shirley's TR to look at the inside of it. She put both hands on the door and just leaned right in...

23. WALLYTOD

WALLYTOD Rookie

Jul 8, 2005
    VILLA PARK, CA
    Full Name:
    WALLY CLARK
    Thanks to everyone who showed up for the show!
    The cars and the people were great and it appeared everyone had a good time.
    Also, thanks to all who took photos. I was so busy I didn't even get to use my camera!
    Autoweek did a nice video of the event and it is on their website at autoweek.com
    Wally

24. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Thanks Wally, excellent video and thanks FCA:)
    Can't wait for next year.