Concorso Italiano Palm Desert 2014 | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Concorso Italiano Palm Desert 2014

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by Jaguar 15, Dec 3, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Testarossa Lover

Testarossa Lover F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Haig Barsamian
  2. Zcobra1

Zcobra1 Formula 3

Oct 9, 2012
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Bert
    +4,5,6....To add, the "condo" we stayed in at Shadow was a dump, noisy wall A/C,
    toilet from hell, cracked and crumbling doors, worst mattress in a long
    time, etc. etc.

Any Motel 6 beats the one we got. Even the pool had crumbling brick,
    lot's of deferred maintenance in this place.

Sure, it is ultra convenient and I had a nice covered assigned parking stall,
    but truly subpar accommodations - never stay there again.
    My neighbor spent $140 for 2 tickets, he was disappointed, will not be back.

The CI sent a email asking for input, I told them they should hold this somewhere else,
    when told of the dump accomodations I was told there are many other places to stay,
    like I do not know that.....obviously people want to stay at the venue for convenience.
    I had read up on Shadow and it was rated as a 3.5 star, and I am fine with a 2or 3
    star, but for $200 a night I expect more. This place was a ZERO star.

When told the spectator tickets prices are too high, the response was they
    offer a good value and a good show, OK......

3. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    #128 TTR, Apr 12, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2014
    Thanks again for all your comments. I can now better appreciate my car not being accepted. Even after the rejection, I had entertained an idea of inviting some vintage car friends to join me as spectators and had planned to make it a day-trip driving over the San Jacinto Mountains (Hwys 243 and 78) with several vintage cars in convoy. Had this taken place and their experience of the show proven similar to comments expressed here, I probably would've felt obligated to pay their ticket fees out of my own pocket, especially after couple had expressed questions of value for said ticket prices and since it was my idea to try and use this event as introduction of Italian cars to several somewhat hardcore enthusiasts/owners of mainly American classic/vintage vehicles.
    Timo

4. aln

aln Karting

Sep 5, 2013
    Los Angeles
    timo- one other thing... the sand! we were fortunate to place our f-car the day before. the day of we drove in (around 10:30) from a spa in desert hot springs and you wouldn't believe the waves of sand we had to drive through. I could hear the sand hitting our friends car like sleet (fortunately not an exotic nor a vintage). I do not think you or your friends would have liked that if you came as spectators day of. (the prior two days were fine as was the late afternoon drive away).

on a more positive note the camaraderie was great! still, not sure we would go again if they put on the event next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk