Concours at Chateau Elan this weekend | FerrariChat

Concours at Chateau Elan this weekend

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by LMPDesigner, Sep 29, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LMPDesigner

LMPDesigner F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 5, 2003
    Atlanta Georgia
    Anyone going? Looks like a nice event.

2. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    I am there Sat. Leaving now.

3. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Had a nice time today. I was parked next to Alan Boe and his fine 250 GTE, and we had some nice conversations. Carol Roush made the rounds, and Bob Varsha stopped by. I saw Tommy drive by in his 308 but didn't see him after that.

Tomorrow is the main event, the concours, and I'll be leaving the Ferrari at home and just going as a spectator.

4. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    I enjoyed this event, now that I know where to go (I went to the hotel, parked and wondered where the hell everyone was)

I think I will start putting this on my calendar now that I can watch the Tide on my phone

5. JaguarDriver

JaguarDriver Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 27, 2011
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Dick Maury
    Seems to be headed to being a event on level with some of the other high end Concours. Club day was Saturday. On Sunday, nothing much newer than the mid 70's. I had the honor of being a Judge at the Sunday show. Keith Martin was the Head Judge and was very informative on Judging standards. There was not a single Ferrari there on Sunday. Surely there are some pre 1975 Ferrari's out there. My Choice was a freshly restored Aston Martin DB5 in Blue/Ivory with chrome wire wheels.

6. elgin328

elgin328 Formula 3

Apr 11, 2004
    near Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I did not go this year. I entered last yr. & was not impressed. I wish it were in front of the winery. I scraped my front spoiler where I was told to enter. Cars not grouped together. They charge a $5.00 handling fee and you have to print your own ticket. hahahaha.... whatever!

7. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    Just FYI, skip the VIP ticket option.

8. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    We just got back from vacation, and with work there was a lot to catch up on, so doing corso in the am was about all I could muster. Sunday was a work catch up day.

I have to say that last year I went and was not impressed, the logistics of getting in and out was not great.... while I hope it works out in the end... it did not seem convienient to me.