Configuring my first Ferrari | FerrariChat

Configuring my first Ferrari

Discussion in '296' started by SeasonBay, Jul 25, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SeasonBay

SeasonBay Rookie

Jul 25, 2021
    296 will be my first Ferrari and I am in a tax heavy country so every option is somewhat expensive and I need to pick carefully (Apple CarPlay for 7700usd after tax)

I am currently picking
    CALY
    LOGO
    RSFD
    EMPH
    LEDS
    RSFE
    STC1
    AFS1
    ELEV
    PAR2
    SNDH
    SURR

I don’t have much explanation from my dealer yet and I hope to get some advices from you former owners.

I understand classic, historical and special colors I need to pay extra, but I don’t know what colors are the basic ones, love to get informed. I see a lot of solid color on the configurator but I don’t assume all of them are basic colors?

I am usually having a mix of leather and alcantara for my previous car as stock but obviously Ferrari would want us to pay for upgrade(which I understand) I just want to know what’s the stock materials for roof, dashboard or inserts so I can make up my mind.

these are only advices I am seeking but if any of you previous owner of Ferrari can give extra advices it will be very much appreciated as again, this will be my first Ferrari ever. (Current driving an Audi R8 for daily use)

thank you very much

2. SeasonBay

SeasonBay Rookie

Jul 25, 2021
    I am also wondering what’s the difference between LEDS and CIAD

3. Napoli

Napoli Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2017
    Full Name:
    NOYB, Ray!
    Decipher the codes and you will get the responses you are looking for.

4. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    The configurator on ferrari.com only shows 7 solid colors (which are basic) and categorizes colors in solid, metallic, historic and special. Most probably the dealer configurator has more colors available.
    LEDS are the LEDS on the carbon steering wheel, CIAD is - from what I understand from the french description - the part of the dashboard closer to the windshield in carbon (I suppose it's the part containing the vents for windshield defrost, this part not being covered in leather like the rest of the dashboard).
    One thing to know - the standard roof is made of an awful fabric (good news is that one rarely looks at it), you need RUF1 to get leather instead.
    SURR (surround camera 360) certainly looks high tech, but people have been able to drive without it for decades...
    MIR3 (electrochromic exterior rear view mirrors) may be useful.

5. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    how tall are you? I've read that people are struggling to fit in the 296 @ 6ft tall

might be worth sitting in a demo car first just to make sure