Congratulations Wayne on FML article about our FC story! | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Congratulations Wayne on FML article about our FC story!

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Cavallino Motors, Dec 26, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jay GT4

Jay GT4 F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2001
    La mamma dei fessi
    Full Name:
    e sempre incinta
    Rob, that is actually real funny! Times have changed indeed!

2. redhead

redhead F1 Rookie

Dec 26, 2001
    Full Name:
    ~Red~
    #102 redhead, Dec 30, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Matt, I had to steal this from MarkPDX,......

"Quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Matt_lemus
    I was never on the rx forum and I have not visited fchat in awhile.

You do not know me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------MARKPDX

Well whoever it was did an awfull good job of impersonating you. Heck, whoever it was even bothered to post pictures of your house and kids.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. atheyg

atheyg Guest

This is really sad.

Matt, you seem like a real nice guy from what people have said about you before this situation came out, consider this a wake-up call to your life about hyperbole and strecthing the truth and the resulting humiliation across the Country from the FerrariChat community.

Be a man say yes I lied, big deal the Rx8 community got a bit of a thrill hearing from a Ferrari owner, no harm.

Many people here though of you as a friend and you let them down and for what?

Take a hard look at yourself maybe something positive can come out of this.

4. Jay GT4

Jay GT4 F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2001
    La mamma dei fessi
    Full Name:
    e sempre incinta
    Guys, I don't know if it is right to bring his kids into this...Reminds me of Sylvester's son with the bag over his head... "Oh the shame!"

5. JOEV

JOEV F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 6, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Very disappointing. Hopefully there is some kind of explanation other than mental illness? Weirdest thing I've seen.

Especially from the person who tore into Jonas with no mercy.

6. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    Cute kids! Great Ferrari (I love dark grays). Great picture.
    Absolutely bizarro circumstances, however!

And, Matt, I salute you for standing up to the angry mob here and calmly stating your case. Hey, angry mob... please lay off the interrogations for a moment and just ask for him to try once again to state his case...

[I've tried to ignore this... but my curiosity regarding the FML article and Matt's motives in that long series of events is just too high for me to hold back.]

Let me try to sort out your assertion, Matt...

Somebody decided to rub you in the dirt... so, using the fact that you revealed on Fchat that you were buying an RX-8, they decided to join the RX8 Forums and start impersonating you, using pictures and email addresses that they pulled from your past Ferrari posts. Right? And you didn't notice, because you don't use any of those email addresses, so RX8 emails would have just been going to the bit-bucket in the sky. Right? I can buy that is possible... could even be one those attacking you now in this thread that was impersonating you over there. Is that what you are asserting is possible here, Matt?

Matt, based on the series of facts presented in the FML article, the only motive that seemed sane would be an attempt to establish that the fictional car was in your possession with enough clout that someone would actually send you money without seeing the car... and then you walk with that money. HOWEVER, that is a fairly far-fetched scenario, given how much time and how many posts you made to Fchat... and the fact that many Fchatters have met you in person. But as I said, it was the ONLY one I could come up with.

Other threads have indicated that you just got caught in a "lie for fun/image", and the lie just grew. But the series of events ("lies") reported in FML don't make sense in that light... you weren't working yourself out of the lie, you were digging yourself in deeper. Hence my conclusion above (the money scam).

Obviously, I am just speculating from waayyy too little information. And I suppose it doesn't really matter... no real harm, no real foul... and as Wayne said, it did lead to the discovery of the location of a significant Ferrari. But my curiosity is killing me. I would love it if you could shed some light!! My curiosity on all this almost hurts. ;)

7. redhead

redhead F1 Rookie

Dec 26, 2001
    Full Name:
    ~Red~
    Sorry: Old dirt, but just to catch everyone up if you are intrested...(remember to start at the bottom!!!)

http://www.ferrarichat.com/discus/messages/251280/164970.html

edit:rereading that thread...I missed this...

Matt Lemus (Mlemus)
    Formula 3
    Username: Mlemus

Post Number: 536
    Posted on Friday, November 15, 2002 - 10:33 am:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To all F-chatter,

I am sorry I let my anger get the best of me. Most of you know that I am not like this. I have no patience for lairs. Especially one that did it 31 times and and still continues to do so.

M

8. lotustt

lotustt Formula 3

Aug 28, 2002
    Full Name:
    TRM
    He's a joke, a fraud and continues to lie. He's not much of a man when he keeps making up more lies to cover up his own lies and pathetic ones at that.

Oh ya it wasnt him on the rx site, just amazing he deleted his own threads about his own ferrari's today? lol...

9. Jay GT4

Jay GT4 F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2001
    La mamma dei fessi
    Full Name:
    e sempre incinta
    I just spent an hour and re-read the Jonas/Matt thread from the old board, that makes this all the more entertaining!

10. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    There are a few ways to "cross check" this story.

Since "Matt" on the RX8 forum posted his email multiple times, it would be reasonable to assume people have emailed that address. Since August of this year, has ANYONE on here emailed Matt at that Yahoo address and gotten a reply that they know to be from Matt? If so, he's busted.

Second, it would be really easy for the owner or a moderator on the RX8 site to get an IP address that those posts came from, and cross-reference with the IP he posts from on this site. If they are the same, he is busted.

Matt is suggesting someone went to the RX8 forum and created an identity that is not really him, posted pictures, and joined the community pretending to be him. Why would someone do that? If it was someone trying to get him back, why not act like a jerk to upset people? Why not ensure that the house of cards came crashing down after a few weeks. Does ANYONE really have the patience and motive to enter into a multi-month, hundreds-of-posts project to discredit Matt Lemus? I don't buy that for one second. What about the pictures - sure, some could be pinched from this site, but it appears some are unique pictures we haven't seen before. How could this impostor get personal pics of Matts family and post them????

And, most damning of all, if someone was out to embarass and shame Matt, WHY oh WHY would this person delete all the threads on the RX8 forum? This situation would be EXACTLY what the imposter would want! They would leave it all up to let the REAL Matt squirm in the web of deceit. But the posts were all edited. It's obvious it was Matt!

What was Occams razor again? The simplest solution is usually the right one. We KNOW Matt entered into a multi-year web of lies here about cars he claimed to own but did not, and once he was "called" on his lies, he denied it all, left, and claimed everyone else was just out to get him. The exact same thing happens on the other site. Is it a tough thing to believe he did it again? Not for me - he's just up to his old antics again!

Why would someone do this? Well, I think everyone lies a little online, don't they? Maybe presenting an image of wealth that isn't as great as in reality. Or maybe they fib a little about their age, their looks, their accomplishments, their education, or something. Maybe even lies of omission, not deprecating yourself when someone believes something about you that is more than reality. That's just human nature. But to create an entire persona that is founded on nothing but lies is extreme. I think Matt probably has some serious self esteem issues. I think he wants to be seen as a player. He probably bought his Ferrari to say "I have a Ferrari". But he didn't end it there - I think he wanted to rub elbows with the high rollers, and BE one of them. He created an online fantasy where he was a big fish. And I think that is why he came down like a ton of bricks on anyone who played the same game as he (Jonas). He couldn't bear the thought of someone else gaining acceptance on a lie, that was HIS game.

The guy is an idiot. A lot of people in IT, in my experience, have personal issues. I see a lot of people who are more comfortable interacting with a computer than a person. I think Matt is one of these people. The fact that he has been totally and completely OWNED and exposed and STILL continues to wriggle and try to evade and escape just proves the point. He is the definition of pathological liar.

An excerpt from someone who knows what they are talking about a lot more than me!....

"Robert Reich, M.D., a New York City psychiatrist and expert in psychopathology, says compulsive lying has no official diagnosis. Instead, intentional dissimulation-not the kind associated with dementia or brain injury-is associated with a range of diagnoses, such as antisocial, borderline and narcissistic personality disorders. When it comes to compulsive liars, says Charles Ford, a professor of psychiatry at the University of Alabama Birmingham, "words seem to flow out of their mouths without them thinking about it." Ford, the author of Lies! Lies!! Lies!!! The Psychology of Deceit, says that pathological liars may slide easily from the notion that something could have happened to the conviction that it did. When pressed, many will admit what they are saying isn't true.

To understand the mind of a fake, Reich suggests considering what lying does for the liar. Deceit as a means to an end-like lying to get a job-is easy to comprehend. Much harder to spot, he says, is lying "for primary gains": deceptions that create a different sense of self without any immediate benefit. "It has to do with self-esteem," Reich says. "You want to be like someone else because you aren't very happy with yourself."

11. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    Yes they are. Though the 308 had an attitude problem with "nasty, big... POINTY TEETH!"

Interesting. I was there at the Nissan dealership, with Matt to my left, Wayne sitting across from us at his desk, when we were discussing the book Wayne was writing. I will let you unravel what the discussion was about and the rest of the details since you seem to enjoy a good mystery. I'm sure the clues are in the archives.

As an IT director/admin, who has 5-6 more years in the business in general than I do, don't you think he would be earning fairly well? I know my director is into 6 digits and in his late 30's. Matt is already beginning that track. I'm 26 and looking forward to my opportunity.

How horrible it must have been to have a wife that used to work, to have a nice house in a nice area collecting loads of equity. He might have had to take care of all three by himself.

I still live month to month, but I'm able to pay the rent/mortgage on three places, make the car payment, eat out every day, afford a g/f and spring for a diamond for her this Christmas and other extravagent gifts for others close to me.

He was living in poverty. It was horrible to see, those poor emanciated kids. It broke my heart. Yeah, right! :D It wasn't the money. Trust me.

Occam's Razor. :)

Sunny

12. JOEV

JOEV F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 6, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Mike,

Very interesting post. One nitpicky point I want to make re. this statement: "Well, I think everyone lies a little online, don't they?"

Call me naive, but I don't think so. Or at least, I hope not.

1) Why bother?
    2) If indeed, one wants to lie to impress people, FChat should be one of the last places one would use - swift exposure is almost guaranteed.

Not to be cruel, but I think this is some kind of mental illness, as you alluded to near the end of your post.

Joe

13. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    If you were a friend scorned and pissed off, maybe.

You and I are on the same wavelength, thinking the same thing at the same time.

Why does Green post such assinine questions? What reason is it that gives Allan, and those who enjoy the chaos he stirs up, pleasure? The only thing I've not been completely honest about is what I want my next car to be, because I really don't know. There are some who give a straight answer, every time.

If you race on two wheels and have a scare, with kids at home, those we do know he has (hehe), what do you do? True or not, you either saddle back up or you opt for the four wheel thrills.

Absolutely correct! I'm one of those. I have security/personal issues. Maybe its why I hold very little if anything against him.

Sunny

14. redhead

redhead F1 Rookie

Dec 26, 2001
    Full Name:
    ~Red~

Sunny, I just want you to know, I have nothing against Matt Ihad a few convo's with him by email and phone(Byron's for what its worth). I am just pointing out mis-truths in his post, be he continued to dig his own hole.

Regarding that statement above from you.......What made one of those possible "Friends" scorned and p.o.?? Same thing that we are dealing with here?

Maybe everyone here and even on RX8 is right, Rob and their moderator should compare IP's, but I think Matt deserves a chance to say his peace. Its simple, and very humbling, but it is something that someone in his place should do.

R

15. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    No, it goes deeper than just lying on a bulletin board.

I've given away thousands to friends who ended up being not worth my time, I've said some really nasty things to friends, have had them said to me. I've lied to protect my friends and vice versa. I get real snappy sometimes, without even meaning to just because I'm really emotional. Even at its worst, we've always come to a resolution or forgived one another in some fashion.

Steal from me, call me names, harass me, whatever.

Knowingly manipulate me, don't ever cross my path or let me find out.

Being manipulated, or having been manipulated for a long period of time by someone you consider a good friend, is one of those rare things that sets me off.

Would I go to those lengths, not personally, but I believe others have it in them if I do.

Sunny

16. redhead

redhead F1 Rookie

Dec 26, 2001
    Full Name:
    ~Red~
    Respect that post!!! :)

R

17. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    I should clear something up in my post. When I say "everyone lies a little online, no?", I don't mean specifically online, I mean we fib online as we fib in real life.

I know I have lied... whether it be inflating a salary on your resume, omitting some fact that changes a situation, etc, I think we have all done it. I remember posting something about how I really wanted a Murcielago... a dealer emailed me saying he could give me a great price. I told him the truth was I was not a serious buyer - I loved the car, but didn't have the cash to spend on a new Murcie, but I hoped I would some day and thanked him for his time. Maybe my post seemed like I was an immediate buyer? Maybe even a subconsious omission in my post? I dont know. I guess I mean that we sometimes say things, do things, or talk about things without giving total regard to making sure everyone perceives our words 100% accurately. Should the guy that posts he's looking at a late model 355 or possibly a 360 have to say that he really cant afford a 360, but if the stock he bought goes up the way he hopes it might, then he could swing it, or does he let people believe he is a serious 360 buyer when he's dreaming a little bit?

I guess thats is what I mean... I think everyone lies about some things, and I think its perfectly normal. I think it ceases to be normal when someone outright and blatantly LIES and says X is true when it really is not. Then you're in a different world than the white lies I was talking about. I think Matt crossed into this other realm of deceit.

As for his assertion (he didn't outright state it, because liars never do, but he wants people to think someone else made up this whole thing about him). Thing is, it's a PERFECT representation of his personality. Coincidence? Hard for me to believe. What about the email address - I bet he has used it to email people after the date it was used on the RX8 forum - and if thats the case, why would someone not just make up a fake email like "[email protected]" that SOUNDS like his but really isn't? Why use his REAL email and risk someone ACTUALLY emailing the REAL matt, clue-ing him into the fiasco and giving him PROOF that someone was deceiving everyone in his name. Aren't his lies all about credibility and appearing to be something he isn't? Wouldn't such evidence really throw pie in the face of all his accusers? Would everyone not be eating tons of crow? So if he truly did not post all that, why not get to the bottom of it and vindicate himself? Answer is because he can't, because he's guilty.

I'd bet my bottom dollar the IP used on RX8 forum matches that used on here. The guy is just a pathalogical liar with massive self-esteem, confidence, and acceptance issues. I would pity him, if it wasn't for the fact that he insults everyones intelligence by continuing the web of deceit.

18. redhead

redhead F1 Rookie

Dec 26, 2001
    Full Name:
    ~Red~
    FYI...I emailed the yahoo and it has not bounced back yet....Smile :)

19. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    Hehe, you would? Hmm I wonder what I have in the bank...

There's a plenty of addresses he could have used. Old connection, new connection, old work connection, new work connection.

He borrowed bandwidth off the school's network via frame, I believe. He could have established a separate address once he started elsewhere, changed that, or browsed from the new one at work.

If he wanted to hide it, it would be far too easy. This doesn't even include the possibility of spoofing, which someone could do with his address as well.

Why hide it if you want to see the controversy it creates? ;)

Sunny

20. DropGems

DropGems Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Atlantic City, NJ
    LOL, Great thread!!

Lotustt is the Matt imposter, the dude planted the threads on the Rx-8 board then exposed Matt on F-chat. Haven't you guys seen The Fugitive?

21. benedict

benedict Formula Junior

Nov 6, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Ben

Fascinating! I'm relatively new to the forum and never read the Jonas thread. I've now spent hours reading both threads and going off on so many tangents my eyes hurt! (By the way I have a 355, I SWEAR!!)

Ben

22. matteo

matteo F1 World Champ

Aug 1, 2002
    On a plane somewhere
    Full Name:
    Heir Butt
  23. TimN88

TimN88 F1 Veteran

Jun 12, 2001
    Northeast
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Just out of curiosity, how many times did you say you were never going to post here again and then have rob delete your account? It happened so many times i lost count.

24. matteo

matteo F1 World Champ

Aug 1, 2002
    On a plane somewhere
    Full Name:
    Heir Butt
  25. tifosi

tifosi F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Sep 5, 2001
    texas
    Full Name:
    Tom D
    if someone was impersonating him on the other site why would they wait so long to bring it to our attention in attempt to embarass him. I could see waiting a month or so but three or four months? If it were not for me posting in this thread yesterday, this thread was headed for the archives.