CONNOLLY LEATHER QUESTION | FerrariChat

CONNOLLY LEATHER QUESTION

Discussion in 'Detailing & Showroom' started by absostone, Apr 1, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    My GT4 has Connolly VM8500 (BLACK) leather. the entire interior is original except for the front seats which were redone recently. The original leather has spots where the surface black leather has peeled and its greenish underneath. IIRC the VM Vaumol leather was vegetable dyed, so why isn't the color all the way through the leather? maybe its not supposed to be? im not expert hence the post.
    Fire away

2. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    actually I read the vaumol leather is surface dyed? how do I make it even again? the surface dyed peeled area shows the lower depth of greenish, how to make it even? with that plastic filler? then re dye? what dye? ive seen tons of it.

3. cls

cls Formula 3

Jun 12, 2007
    Los Angeles/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I'd make a phone call to Leatherique. It's probably a combination of stripping, sanding, filling, and dye, but best to get some expert advice.

George Vosburgh likes this.
  4. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    Good idea

5. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Connolly is long gone I think...use that code and replace with a modern product.

Some shops will do a single panel but most will sell you the whole seat, or interior.
    Matches better.

6. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    My front seats are new done in autolux.
    I want to fix the rest of the interior. Where the color has peeled.