consider yourself a LABEL WHORE!!!! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

consider yourself a LABEL WHORE!!!!

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by MAHOOL, Apr 21, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Well you've got that goin for ya!

2. Poweredbyme91

Poweredbyme91 Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2004
    Now in San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Hector Silva
    I used to back in the High School era. Not anymore though, Izod, Knights of the round table, etc you name it and I wear it.

I have noticed though that Polo shirt colors don't fade and wear out easily. They seem to be virtually indestructible; I have a polo shirt in one of my closets that I had for almost 10 years and it's still looks like new. I could totally understand how someone could be a Polo Label whore.

3. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    On a similar note, if you dry clean polo style shirts (not brands, but that style), they will last a long time and the color will stay vs throwing them in your washer.

*no I have no business interest in giving above advice*

4. sduke

sduke Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2003
    The Hub City, Texas
    Full Name:
    Steven D
    Ryan

Do the collars fare better if you dry clean your polos? That is my pet peeve with polos. The stinkin collar never seems to look as good as when I buy them.

As far as being a "label whore", I don't know.....maybe. I only wear adidas shoes, soccer shorts, and socks. It's a soccer coaching thing. The only thing I spend much money on as far as clothes is Lacoste polos. They fit me better than any other shirt. But the things are so expensive I only have a few. I did spring for a Canali sport coat last winter. I had to have something nice in case I ever get another date. I sometimes think I would like to have a nice leather jacket, but I never have the nerve to go look at them.

It's usually Old Navy for me. Cheap, but decent.

5. jescu

jescu Rookie

Mar 18, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Joshua E.
    i cant really wear n e shoes other than Nike or Jordan brand. If my shirt has a collar, it has to have, as i call it, the "polo horse man". Almost everyone now a days is a label whore.

6. venusone

venusone F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    I just dropped off 50 or so environmental topic T-Shirts at the local Humane Society & bought 3 pairs of jeans ($5 ea). Levis are good no matter how long they have been worn. Nike & Soloman for shoes. Everlast for the gym.

7. MAHOOL

MAHOOL Formula Junior

May 24, 2004
    O-town, Florida
    Full Name:
    Mel
    because it is Brewed in Canada..........they probably age it like wine in a warehouse till it has lost all it's flavor........and it has a wicked after taste.

you will become my bestest best friend if you sent me some........;)

8. bernardo66

bernardo66 The Crazy Cat Man
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    ....sigh, so am I.

9. darth550

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
  10. bernardo66

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    ROTFLMAO!!!!

I'm just wondering how risqué I can get before Rob slaps a CENSORED label on me.

As Al Pacino said, in Scent of a Woman, when talking about women: "God must have been a f*ckin' genius!"

11. darth550

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    I made a mistake by posting in this thread and gave you due credit with a new one!!!!!

:D:D:D:D:D

12. Artherd

Artherd F1 Veteran

Jun 19, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ben Cannon
    I only wear Victoria Secret panties. Sooooo comfy!

13. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    Same here! They make great hats!

14. dastig

dastig Rookie

Apr 16, 2005
    Polo mostly and some Tommy Hilfigger.

It is necessarily just because of the little polo horse, but it is because the style of Polo and TH.

Yeah the Polos might cost 60-70 dollars, but they last years and what are the alternatives, Abercrombie or American Eagle. No thanks.

15. bernardo66

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Artherd
    I only wear Victoria Secret panties. Sooooo comfy!

...and shoes!!!

16. CMY

CMY F1 World Champ

Oct 15, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    #41 CMY, Apr 24, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Ok ok.. I'll admit it.. I'm a huge label whore. Anytime I see 'The Wrap' in the store I just can't help myself! I must have it all!

-Chris
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

17. LAfun2

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Yes they certainly do. Make sure your Dry CLeaner actually "dry cleans" them. Some dry cleaner will charge you dry cleaning rates for your polos, but will wash. You can tell the difference easily (well I can, being in the business).

To give you an idea, my stores charge, 1.50 to laundry a dress shirt press blah blah. Polo shirt charge is 3.75 (dry clean). To Wash a polo shirt (1.50).

We let the customers make the call, but polo shirts dry cleaned not only look more professional, it keeps the quality in the long run.

We dress most of the realtors in the Ventura County area, so I know that polos gotta look good coming out of my stores. :)

18. sduke

sduke Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2003
    The Hub City, Texas
    Full Name:
    Steven D
    Thanks Ryan

I love my Lacoste's and I want them to last as long as possible and still look sharp.

19. LAfun2

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    You are welcome. If you have any clothing related question, let me know. Thats what I do for a living. :)

20. Zertec

Zertec Formula 3

Oct 5, 2004
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Clive Reed
    All is explained...those are your legs in your avatar!