Considering a Maserati Coupe... | FerrariChat

Considering a Maserati Coupe...

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by BOYRACER, Sep 24, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BOYRACER

BOYRACER Karting

May 9, 2004
    Well I love the new maseratis and I am trying to convince my parents into getting one for my mom. She needs four seats and loves exotic cars. She previously had an SL500, then a cayenne S and now looking for something a little different. We are a big porsche family, i have a 944 turbo track car and getting rid of my S2000 for a 996, dad has a 993 and a cayenne turbo, so we love P-cars but mom thinks the ride to the C4S cab is too rough for her and my grandma lives with them and is pretty old now and her bad back isnt helpful with a 911. Anyways just wanted to know how satisfied you guys are with your Maseratis. Any problem areas I should look out for if she is looking to maybe pick one up with a couple thousand miles on it, no more then about 5k. Any information would be helpful. Also she would be getting the F1 tranny, is this easy to adapt to? She is a pretty good driver and can drive stick well but is not very versed on the F1 trans or something that has this type of get up and go. Anyways you guys have some awesome cars and hopefully I will be surfing this board more often.

2. MaseratiGuy

MaseratiGuy Rookie

Jul 3, 2004
    Hey, I traded a 02' 996 manual for an 02' Maser Coupe CC. I have owned 4 P-cars and love them, howver, the Maser is an awsome car. The fit and finish is excellent in the interior. It has alot of torque and is more peppy than a 996. Beautiful car and highly recommended.

3. stax

stax Karting

May 30, 2004
    toronto, montreal
    Full Name:
    --
    definately recommend the coupe. it is an amazing car. when we bought ours, we opted for the standard, no F1, primarily cuz we weren't using it as a daily driver. the transmission takes a bit to warm up in ours, haven't heard that with anyone else. music system is okay, but go for the upgraded one, it's a little better, although at any time, all you have to do is roll down the window and the most beautiful music comes soaring in. other than that, it is a great car. a little lower profile which is what i like about it. PM if you have any other questions

4. bdog

bdog Formula Junior

Jul 10, 2004
    what about a Quttorpore