Considering F12 purchase/ Pricing help | FerrariChat

Considering F12 purchase/ Pricing help

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by m3doc, Jun 7, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. m3doc

m3doc Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2008
    Hello
    I found a CPO F12 I'm interested in and wanted to know of anyone has made a recent purchase of this model. I'd like to know what percentage off of asking price is typical for this model. This is a 2015 model with about 6K miles on it if that helps. Asking price is $250K

Thanks in advance

2. RamsHmb

RamsHmb Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    James
    I just sold my 2016 w just under 5k miles for 280k. GS over Cuoio. Well optioned but not crazy (no carbon out side of steering wheel). Sold mine through the dealer as 812 is in production so for a year older and 1k more mikes....seems like a pretty good price. Although that’s USD and in CA...not sure where u r and what currency but hope that helps.

3. m3doc

m3doc Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2008
    Thanks for the info. I'm in the eastern US and looking for data points like this to help me out in my negotiations.

4. FerrariFL

FerrariFL Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2012
    what kind of equip/msrp and color? $250 ask sounds very cheap. I do not see any 15 w that kind of mileage asking $250.

5. bobbyd

bobbyd Formula Junior

Nov 17, 2003
    Mileage is a huge factor from what I've seen. 1K miles versus 10K miles can equate to a difference of up to $75K. A '15 with 5K miles sounds about right near $250K with average options. Range I've seen is low 200's to low 300's depending on year and miles.

As a reference a southeast dealer I recently spoke with has an 800 mile '15 ASKING $278K (car with an MSRP of $380K ish). It's been on the market 4 months or so.

Prices seem to be all over the board due to depreciation of about $50K over the last year.

6. m3doc

m3doc Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2008
    White
    AFS system
    Cruise control
    Suspension lifter
    Horse stitched on headrest
    Outer mirror black inserts
    Carbon fiber steering wheel with LEDs
    Scuderia Ferrari shields
    Inner/outer mirror with homelink
    Sport sill cover
    20 inch forged dark painted rims
    Full electric seats
    Satellite radio
    High power HiFi system
    Colored stitching
    Tire pressure measurement
    Carbon fiber steering wheel only
    MSRP $364K
    Not an overly loaded car and not necessarily in a popular color

7. Zedtt

Zedtt Formula Junior

May 29, 2005
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Terry
    That's a good price if you like the equipment and color.

8. Adamas

Adamas F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2012
    Out of town
    Full Name:
    Mike
    FoFt.L just had a 2015 that was Nero Pastello (flat black) over beige, CPO, $407k MSRP (pretty highly optioned), @6k miles for 250k.

We were @3-4k apart with my 991 TurboS trade, but I wasn't going to stretch as Nero Pastello isn't my ideal color.

Good luck.

Mike

dmundy likes this.
  9. Adamas

Adamas F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2012
    Out of town
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Is that the matte GS at FCI ?

Mike

10. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    I'm just so blown away by the constant anti-mileage people out there....
    No big deal for a 3 year old car to be low mileage...but...why on earth would someone want a 10 year old car (or older) with 2K miles??
    I would actively avoid a low mileage car...

DaveMc, otakki and efg2014 like this.
  11. Kauai

Kauai Rookie

Apr 24, 2015
    Estero, FL
    I have. 2016’ w 1799 miles for sale at $289k. See my add in Ferrari’s for sale.
    Car is in Florida. Regards, Jim

12. otakki

otakki Formula 3

Mar 24, 2016
    True. I would stay away from any cars that are not driven much at all. I like to see lots of highway miles with healthy amount revving to near redline while under load.

13. bobbyd

bobbyd Formula Junior

Nov 17, 2003
    Just stating what the market is, not what's good for the car.

Late model V12 Ferrari's take a huge hit if you actually buy them new and drive them, at least in the US. If you can afford a $200K to $300K hit to drive one from new a few years then by all means, enjoy.

But most can't or don't want to. That's the conundrum.

As a preowned car with just a few miles and years on it he F12 becomes more do-able for enthusiasts.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  14. Gullwing

Gullwing Karting

Aug 30, 2016
    Just drive and to hell with the devaluation. I didn't buy my cars for the next person. I bought them to enjoy. If you can't enjoy without worrying about the depreciation, you over extended yourself. Pay cash, forget about it.

Caeruleus11 and Solid State like this.
  15. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    I'd counter that a true enthusiast buys the car at sticker and takes whatever "loss" there might be without concern. That's a measure of enthusiasm that's real. Just liking the car and not taking the financial ride is not a better measure of ones enthusiasm IMO. As LDM said a Ferrari is like a beautiful woman. And we know how much financial sense that makes. I'd also say there is no loss owning the work of art that is the F12. Just the opposite is how I see it. A tremendous gain.

deltona, Caeruleus11 and Gullwing like this.
  16. eliehelou777

eliehelou777 Rookie

Jun 14, 2018
    Doha Qatar
    Full Name:
    Elie EL Helou
    is the $250 k is including tax ?

17. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I agree with you in spirit. But, one of the big advantages Ferrari has vs the others- aside from performance and looks, sound, overall experience- is the relative lower depreciation. My neighbor just got a 488 Spider and he came out of a different marque's car, after years of Ferrari ownership. I asked him what happened and he said he realized he loves Ferrari, misses Ferrari, and also "I never lost money on a Ferrari"... So, I get the feeling of- its a gorgeous work of rolling art, damn the torpedos! But I would be more cautious about criticizing someone's level of enthusiasm because they take a different approach with regard to their car finances. We all come to this passion with different backgrounds, different financial tolerances and philosophies. I think the most important thing to remember is we are all here because we love Ferrari.

To come back to the OP, I'm really not that up to date on current pricing. But I would like to say I think you will love driving the F12 and you've made a great choice. Its a car that has it all. And I think you will see the Ferrari community also brings in people with different backgrounds and philosophies. I hope you love it.

MelbourneCarl and otakki like this.
  18. DaveMc

DaveMc Formula Junior

Nov 29, 2012
    Palm Coast, Florida
    A few months ago, I finally ended my long 2 yr. search for my dream F12. I bought a 2013 with 14K miles and had a MSRP of $395K. It has lots of options and I paid $230K for it from the Orlando, FL dealer. Exterior color is Rosso Berlinetta, which is the the launch color (triple layer paint). Interior color is a "sand" interior, which is in between crema and cuoio. It had virtually all of what I wanted, except I had them paint the brake calipers from yellow to a matte black and paint the front end lip spoiler from black to rosso berlinetta. I love the car and I drive it most every day. I'll start a thread with pictures if you guys are interested. I'm 61 years old, so this will probably be my first and my last Ferrari. I also have a 2012 Maserati GranTurismo with 24K miles that I have had since it was new.

19. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Caeruleus - Again I find myself in agreement with you! However, I make no 'criticism' of another's level of enthusiasm. I proffered that you can attempt to gauge someone's true level of commitment by what they are willing to 'lose' over it. We all love Ferrari no doubt. But I responded to a post that criticized new buyers and drivers because of the consequence of "taking a huge hit" and "most can't or don't want to ". My counter is unless you are at least willing to take a loss you've never really 'owned' a new or slightly used Ferrari V12. Sincerely believe that despite perhaps most may disagree. There is no financial logic to longer term modern production V12 ownership. Its a passion thing much like that of a beautiful woman.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  20. m3doc

m3doc Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2008
    This is 250K not including taxes and registration fees

21. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Good point @Solid State . I know a few people who are almost expert at moving from one into the next and I sometimes wonder if they are really owners or if they are merely renters. But, they have their enjoyment and they move on. It works for them. It wouldn't work for me like that.

Solid State likes this.
  22. Tarheel

Tarheel Rookie

Feb 7, 2015
    Michigan, USA
    Full Name:
    Ritch
    I just picked up a 2015 F12 last month. East coast car. Blu America over Cuoio, $405K MSRP, 2,500 miles, CPO. Paid $259K for it. I put 700 miles on it in the first weekend. It's just a fantastic car.

23. DaveMc

DaveMc Formula Junior

Nov 29, 2012
    Palm Coast, Florida
    That was the one at Algar? I looked at that car and liked it, but I already have a blue Maserati. Congrats on a good deal!

24. bubbaboy

bubbaboy Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    Winter Park, FL
    Full Name:
    John
    I bought that one last week for 253, a 2015 with roughly 800 miles on it. The sticker was 392. JD

25. Adamas

Adamas F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2012
    Out of town
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Nice- congratulations!!! Enjoy in good health. I was close on that one, but not having seen the 2 tone interior in person, I was a little apprehensive about buying sight- unseen.

I'm jealous. :D:D

Mike