Contemplating on wrapping...and LED upgrade | FerrariChat

Contemplating on wrapping...and LED upgrade

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by TommyTheV, Sep 23, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TommyTheV

TommyTheV Karting

Sep 17, 2022
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Tommy T.
    Hi, I couldn't find any articles regarding full body wrapping, especially on the F430.

Have anyone had any bad experience with it such as things don't fit back quite the same after a wrap? Damages from wrap removal, etc?

Since a lot of the parts will be taken apart already for the wrap would utilize the time to upgrade the lights too to LED and bring it up to modern standards :) Love these but don't think anyone in the states does this? Looks like the original light housing was taken apart in order to obtain this look:

2. 020147

020147 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2006
    Midwest
    I’m an avid headlight guy and have done a handful of retrofit on non exotic cars. Those LED strips are of varying quality and won’t last as long as an OEM component. The builder will be everything in getting you what’s called an “OEM +” build. I’d want to see extremely detailed photos of all areas the headlights they’ve worked on, as many hacks make the light look nice on a car but what’s going on behind the bumper/grill is a nightmare.

Here’s a couple of pics of my trucks headlight build. Started with brand new OEM lights. Projectors are cleared and tuned RX350 projectors (done by Lightwerkz) with euro cutoff, Osram bulbs, Denso ballasts. The lights were cut open with an ultrasonic cutter and epoxied back together with Lord Fusor epoxy. My factory wiring triggers were converted to Deutsch connectors because of their durability and I couldn’t easily locate the GM terminals I needed. The end result is flawless, they work every time and are truly OEM reliable lights with zero leaking.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. Kmaaq

Kmaaq Formula Junior

Jul 26, 2019
    Full Name:
    Khalid Mohammed ALQattan
    Have you thought about peel-able paint (Topaz skin etc.)? I see it superior to a wrap in every way. The only thing that would make me choose a wrap over it is if I didn’t want the panels to come off which seems like they will in your case anyways.

4. TommyTheV

TommyTheV Karting

Sep 17, 2022
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Tommy T.
    Hi,

Yeah, I am thinking along the lines of looking for someone who can do these mods professionally that I can ship my lights to. They can take it all apart and do whatever they want to do, just ship it back to me as a "plug-and-play" :)

As for peel-able paint, the fact that it is "peel-able" is scary. Don't think it can withstand washing and waxing. Lol