Convert VOB file to MP3. | FerrariChat

Convert VOB file to MP3.

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Remy Zero, Aug 11, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    hey guys, i'm using an iMac OS X.

just wondering, i have toast titanium, and i'm just wondering, is there any other softwares to convert these dvd files ( VOB Files ) to MP3. any suggestion? Thanks in advance.

cheers!

2. Fast_ian

Fast_ian Two Time F1 World Champ

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    Yep, there are quite a few options. Don't you like Toast? - It's generally considered the "gold standard" for what you're looking to do.....

However, click on over to "www.versiontracker.com" and search "VOB converter" (or similar) and all kinds of stuff will pop up. "Mac-the-ripper" is another one that's pretty well reviewed.

Cheers,
    Ian

3. Remy Zero

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    Thanks a bunch Ian. u seem to always have the solutions to Apple products :D

yes, i do use the toast, but normally, i just use it to burn cds/dvd.

right now, i bought some concert dvds, Led Zeppelin, Queen, Bryan Adams, and Bon jovi, and i want to convert all those into mp3 format so that can listen to i with my ipod. so, after downloading this software your asked me to, i'll see if i can manage to get it to work. i'll post again, if there's any questions.

thanks again, Ian.

4. Remy Zero

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    edit : i did try to use Toast, but when i drag the file, it says 'no name' and also 'no audio'.

then when i click convert, it says process failed.

i'll try again tomoro. cheers!

5. Fast_ian

Fast_ian Two Time F1 World Champ

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    I try my best....... ;)

Ah - You know what? - I completely missed your "to MP3" requirement - sorry - You want to extract the audio and just dump that onto your ipod, correct? If so, something like this will do the trick:

http://www.imtoo.com/dvd-audio-ripper.html

Which I haven't tried, but it does appear to offer a free download to try it out. Again, a quick Google for "DVD audio ripper" will give you more hits than you probably want......

Cheers,
    Ian