Converting Challenge Stradale to F430 Challenge center wheels locks | FerrariChat

Converting Challenge Stradale to F430 Challenge center wheels locks

Discussion in '360/430' started by collegeboy, Sep 23, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. collegeboy

collegeboy Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2007
    Texas and Kaua’i
    Full Name:
    Mikey
    I'm hesitant to even post this as I'm not sure if this question will be viewed as pre mature or just plain silly, but I am curios and really want to know more for research purposes.

If one chooses to do this conversion properly, are the only things you need to covert are...

1. change the 4 hubs to 4 F430 Challenge center wheel lock hubs,
    2. install 4 F430 Challenge wheel lock wheels, and
    3. have custom rotor hats made to convert the CS carbon brake rotors to fit on the center lock hub?

I believe that is all that needs to be done, but wanted to ask. I have searched here and found some information but not a definitive answer. I also know it is not something many people do anyways. I have seen one member do this conversion on here, and they swapped out their entire CS brake system (rotors and calipers) to F430 Challenge parts, but I wasn't sure if that was just done because he wanted that done, or if it was done so that the calipers would fit behind the wheel spokes, or something else I am not thinking of.

Thank you

2. clean512

clean512 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 4, 2010
    Full Name:
    Josh @jtcarprojects
    Giro disc will do the brake part as my buddy has done this conversion. But each hub is almost 2k new. So this can pricy

3. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    If you can source x4 old knackered REAR F430 Challenge CCM's (there where many that got destroyed on the track!) then you can re-use just the metal bell centers, fitting them up against the stock CS donut outer's works for all 4. This approach allows the original factory F430 Challenge central nut Hubs to be used with stock CS brake discs and calipers. I did this before I upgraded to full 430 Challenge everything.

The surprising thing you may not appreciate is the swept pad area of the CS calipers is only a fraction of that of the larger 430 Challenge 6 pot ones (as fitted to the Scud too) so you end up with almost twice as much pad material against the disc and a usel outer diameter of +18mm too as well as thicker discs up front. The stopping power from those with good Pagid RS pads is unbeatable and totally transforms the car...

air993 and duck.co.za like this.