Cook county taxes...did you get your bill yet? d#@%&!!! How do you guys survive?! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Cook county taxes...did you get your bill yet? d#@%&!!! How do you guys survive?!

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by bpu699, Jul 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. alfas

alfas Formula Junior

Sep 17, 2009
    chicago
    I'd respectfully ask you to read my post then again as it seems you missed the part where the money to pay for services for the families that live in your investment property have to come from somewhere. If it is not out of the taxes for your building then where should they come from? Should I living in my single family here in the city pay more as a percentage to help subsidize your investment property with potentially four families using city services so you can make your numbers work? Answer that...

Add the fact that you knew the taxes going in and still bought, it's not like it was some big "oh by the way" secret.

Sorry but investments entail risk with no guarantee or entitlement of return, that seems not understood anymore.

2. ScreaminRevs

ScreaminRevs Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2004
    Chicago
    One of those parties has to go as their ways have directly led to more and more people sucking on the government's tit. The fact you're arguing from the left spectrum on the political scale and mostly denying that fact is boggling to me specifically because you don't grasp the fact that programs like food stamps, section 8 housing, welfare, free health
    care, free cell phones, and on and on are propped up by all democrats along with the majority of moderate republicans (who may as well have a "D" after their name because there's nothing "conservative" about them) as they lack any balls to stand up and tell the population at large that each one of them is responsible for themselves and their families. No, instead we have an ever-growing base of dependents. Who ends up footing the bill (whether on federal, state or local levels)? Yep, a small faction of the population, many of whom will forfeit much of their savings which is being confiscated by the govt as communist policies iniated by the left. By their own human (lazy) nature, who are these very dependents going to vote in office? Politicians who preach self-sustainability, or ones that promise the constituents something for nothing? Tough one, huh?

Did you know that the House of Representatives could basically strike down the health care law by refusing to fund it? They won't though, because they're not real conservatives. RINO's policies are just as detrimental to our great nation as leftist ones; there isn't much difference between the two, afterall. Go back to LBJ's administration to see the war on poverty program that was iniated then and how many trillions we've wasted on it. Did we eradicate poverty? Did we make a dent in it? Nope. There are more and more people signing up for all kinds of federal and state aid. Once again, sound fiscal conservative policy? Nope. Backwards policy of the left, and the spineless so-called republicans that go along with it.

Here's a bit of good news I saw today: mayor of a town in PA cuts all public employees' salaries to minimum wage. That's something that should happen in every city, in every state. They're all a bunch of overpaid do-nothings with massive pensions awaiting them when they retire, who should've never made anything but a fraction of what they do collect. People like that, and people like Governor Walker are a small glimmer of hope of how things should be operating. Instead, most of the country is the exact opposite; and theirs is the very recipe that's bankrupting this country. A country made up of less and less people who are self-sufficient. What an opportune time for a loser like we have in the highest office in the land. And you say his time could've waited for later this decade instead of '09. lol I say communists like him have no place in ANY office in our republic, for their policies have been directly responsible for the spiraling down of our once great land. People that live in denial of these facts are hopeless creatures who are definitely abominable in the eyes of our great founders.

3. Valenzo

Valenzo F1 Veteran

Dec 4, 2010
    IL & NC
    Full Name:
    Ted
  4. alfas

alfas Formula Junior

Sep 17, 2009
    chicago
    #29 alfas, Jul 10, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2012
    screamin - like I said, you are part of the problem, not the solution...

each rant is more comical than the last with your ongoing assumptions of me and my thoughts, seems your bitterness about something in your life is really taking it's toll.

The OP complained about his taxes on his investment property, I countered with why should I subsidize his investment when 4 families can use city services as residents of his property which I have yet to get an answer on. You then dive into all sorts of things and the only possible reason the mess we are in is because of the demonic liberals and their communist policies ruining the world which is delusional at best on a good day.

What are your thoughts on golden parachutes/buyouts then, do those garner the same outrage or are they respected for they played the system to a "T" and god love Walker for sticking it to the middle class that go to work, do their jobs and try to provide a life for their families because every last one of those teachers were just doing nothing but taking the system for what it is worth. I know life isn't fair, I'm just tired of the deck getting stacked further against the guy that honestly works hard to get through things and take care of his family whether that's a public worker or private(see what I did there).

and you really think everyone is not entitled to healthcare, really?... simply die if you can't afford it as your only worth on this planet is relative to what you make and if you can afford it you get to live and if you don't tough *****. that's simply indicative of lazy people just sucking at the teet of society.

You've got heavy baggage I'd just leave on the carousel at the airport because it's doing you no good in life considering what you seem capable of posting in a public forum.

& BTW - what business do you own, I'd like to make sure I avoid it...

5. ScreaminRevs

Apr 4, 2004
    Chicago
    Like I said before, the words leftist and ignoramus are one and the same. No rational argument, no amount of facts, no amount of endless proof will sway their "mind". Truly, a bunch of useless individuals who have absolutely no reasoning ability whatsoever.

6. ScreaminRevs

Apr 4, 2004
    Chicago
    Anyone with common sense and business sense would say the complete opposite.

Golden parachutes don't steal from the public treasury, unlike public employees. Just to give an example: a friend of mine is a programmer for the state here. On their 37.5 hour "work" week, the employees on his floor all have a running joke about long bathroom breaks on "company time". Some of them nap on the clock, some sit at their desks reading newspapers/other entertainment all day, some are not even in the office or doing actual work....all the while getting paid the exorbitant salaries (he makes in the mid 80s, just for reference) the bureaucrats told them they're entitled to. For doing almost nothing. Now, your dramatic phrase of "sticking it to the middle class that go to work" happens to be the real drivel. Anyone here with common sense will be able to tell you that. Once again, you've no rational argument for any moronic leftist ideology.

7. ScreaminRevs

Apr 4, 2004
    Chicago
    And no, a legitimate solution is not to steal more from the top 10% of wage earners. The solution is, in fact, to have everyone earn their pay and to then be responsible for themselves and their families. If that means forgoing the $5,000 bling rims & $3000 home theater with satellite to pay for their healthcare, then that's the way it'll be.

8. alfas

alfas Formula Junior

Sep 17, 2009
    chicago
    #33 alfas, Jul 10, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2012
    You hide behind neither fact nor proof of anything as much as you are convinced you are correct.

So the communist policies are what is keeping you from your scud and that's what's got you shorts(or panties, not judging) in such a knot about how the world is simply made up of lazy leeches who don't know how to work an honest day for such an enlightened person as you.

You are correct there is absolute fact based proof that your assessment that every last worker is lazy and the reason the country is not thriving, you call that reason?

keep ranting...

and what's that business again? ;-)

9. ScreaminRevs

Apr 4, 2004
    Chicago
    Sure, let's pay for their healthcare. Let's also give the lazy and non-ambitious a new car every 5 years. Let's give them new clothes - with a $200 ceiling on each garment. Fair? They've got free cell phones, so that's not needed. Hmmm, how about if we let them pick any house, in any neighborhood (again, impose a half million ceiling, so as not to be too giving). Maybe we can pay for their vacations, with a limit of one ultra-luxurious overseas trip every decade for every family. Of course, they'll need some spending money, you know, cash, to stimulate the economy.

10. alfas

alfas Formula Junior

Sep 17, 2009
    chicago
    #35 alfas, Jul 11, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2012

The public treasury was never once touched to help pay for a golden parachute(possibly used wrong term, I more meant the CEO bonuses/buyouts and the like)... memory is short, all filled with those righteous right thoughts taking up all the space.

Further it seems someone such as yourself with such staunch, committed, clear, undeniable, concise, clearly correct thoughts on what's right /wrong with america would be more than in a little bit of a bind to call someone something as respectful as a "friend" yet acknowledges them taking an active role in what you have so eloquently derided in no uncertain terms in these last few posts. Why would someone as yourself so convinced that that is the reason the country is in the can associate and call someone doing what you detest a "friend"? How come no dropping a dime to channel 5 expose to uncover the blatant raping of the taxpayer at all our expense? Someone as principled as you I would expect nothing less than doing your part to stop the fleecing of all of us taxpayers considering you freely admit you are in the know. What's worse knowing about it and doing nothing because a "friend" is involved or your fiend being an active participant in the thing you blame as the reason for the problems? Rhetorical possibly but is you friend a liberal or right like you as I can't believe you'd call anyone left a "friend".

Which is it? or am I just not capable of forming a complete thought because I agree with little you say and how could I possibly understand the position you are in having a friend engaging in an environment of corruption like that.

Or maybe, just maybe you use your "friend" as a contact for preferred government contract's and getting your business paid work, are they that kind of friend???

common sense seems not nearly as common as it once was my friend, nah, you're definitely not that as I don't respect anything you consider thought... see I can stick to my guns as opposed to you, that's called principles.

11. alfas

alfas Formula Junior

Sep 17, 2009
    chicago
    you really are a drama queen, it's a yes/no and really quite simple not that I don't suspect your answer but it's good to see your lack of ability to focus on a single question and single answer. The rest of your rant has no bearing other than to paint you really, really pissed about something.

not even a hint about the business??? please, c'mon...

12. Valenzo

Valenzo F1 Veteran

Dec 4, 2010
    IL & NC
    Full Name:
    Ted
    Gees alfas, this is not like you, as I believe I know you through talks on the alfaholics board.

If I may, I think what SR is only saying, and business owners like us all, here and throughout the country, is that we are tired of carrying the heavy load for those who don't even want to try to do for themselves. We are tired of being the target of our government because we've had a measure of success. We desire to keep most of our wealth for ourselves and our families and don't want it taken and spread around through wasteful programs via higher taxes, to people who don't deserve what we have worked so very hard to achieve. No, health care is not a right, imo, it's something you provide for yourself and your own family, first, before the cell phones, the flat screen TV's, and the 22" wheels. And If you get sick or hurt in this country, and cannot pay, there's programs of assistance for that, which we all pay into. But IMO, should be paid back by the patient once he or she is well again. You see, It's 6:30 in morning, I'm heading to work, I think everyone should be too... but many will not and just be happy to accept the check instead.

Alfas, we all seem to agree there is tremendous waste in our system, but the liberals don't seem to want to acknowledge or address it, they just want to keep on with it, digging deeper by using our shovels, instead of finding responsible ways of filling in these holes of waste.

So as it continues, we will either quit being such a target by moving our business, hiding our wealth, or moving to other states or countries that we are not so vulnerable.

Again, Detroit comes to mind, most of the businesses have either moved out or folded up, leaving the city a welfare wasteland and completely bankrupt.

No name calling, just stating the facts as I see them..

Peace.

13. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    Thread is closed ,original theme is exhausted and this became a political discussion for which we have a separate section.