Cool or Cringe - Cast your Vote | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Cool or Cringe - Cast your Vote

Discussion in '360/430' started by Drestless, Nov 17, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Cool or Cringe - Cast your Vote

1. Cool

2. Cringe

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Drestless

Drestless Formula 3

Oct 1, 2014
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Jam
    Your stepping on your own toe on this one when you said "perform".

On the other thread you said speed or performance is not always the reason for buying a Ferrari. Or I read it wrong?

Wind tunnel and performance dont matter to some folks because some just like the looks. I bought my Ferrari because I like the looks and mod possibilities. Performance is just a bonus to me. Got too many tickets already before with my Supra and GTR.

I just want to cruise with the Ferrari. It looks fast even when it is standing still.

2. KC360 FL

KC360 FL Formula 3

Jun 20, 2017
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    KGC
    your read it wrong. HP power was the topic. Not wind tunnel dynamics. Not sure what your point is here (?)

3. Drestless

Drestless Formula 3

Oct 1, 2014
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Jam
    HP is for speed and performance.

Whenever HP is talked about, isn't it implied that the topic is about how the car performs?

4. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    i choose other. not really cool but not really cringe worthy either. just a shrug really.

jcurry and Drestless like this.
  5. Drestless

Drestless Formula 3

Oct 1, 2014
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Jam
    Yup. I shouldv'e added a neutral or middle choice.

6. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

I personally zondas are the best looking. I find the koenigsegg atrocious... the mclaren are nice but all look the same

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dang2407 likes this.
  7. dvb247

dvb247 Karting

Nov 4, 2012
    Shouldn’t we make a list of what is an acceptable mod and what is not, even have a middle column for undecided? For 360/430’s only or the list will not make any sense.
    I say this because I’m limbo with mine, I want to mod it tastefully but I’m held back by “fun v cost” argument? Which is another topic!!

8. dvb247

dvb247 Karting

Nov 4, 2012
    I’ve started a list for my F430 Spider, in no particular order, ignore the costings, they are estimated.

Haven’t started the journey yet, if I add that lot up I probably never will but then again spread over 3 years it’s not huge money given that my car is worth more than paid for it and I’d get 50% back on mods if returned to stock for resale?

£800 CF paddle large shifters
    £2500 CF Scud steering wheel
    £1000 CF sill kick plates
    £2000 manifolds cat delete
    £3200 Kline muffler
    £1200 Scud ing Swiss LED’s
    £2300 BG Developments AP BB kit
    £800 corner weigh,alignment,15mm lowered
    £3800 Scuderia alloys 19’s
    £1500 CF rear diffuser
    £500 CF engine bay lid grills
    £2000 CF engine bay panels
    £500 CF air boxes
    £500 Fire extinguisher
    £3500 Scud front bumper
    £500 Scud Nart stripe
    And much more CF and titanium M16 bits!!

View attachment 2468558

9. KC360 FL

KC360 FL Formula 3

Jun 20, 2017
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    KGC
    Gentleman's car = tastefully done
    I still believe Ferrari produces some of the most wonderful cars from all aspects. Just enough "edge" and always at the top of their game when it comes to their engines.

Never saw a Lambo I would own (always played the boy racer look to me). The Aston is a great design? Ferrari should emulate that? Pretty pedestrian design work in my book.

What sets Ferrari apart for me is they never seem to toss their hat into the ring of the latest trends. Good design is timeless.

10. zipperkarting

zipperkarting Formula Junior
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2014
    Jersey & France
    Full Name:
    paul troalic
    I love this car. I think the interpretation is tasteful. It's not garish or over modded in my view. I'd be happy to own and/or drive this. It looks modern and up to the minute. Love Lambos too but oooh some of them look ridiculous and I wouldn't be seen dead in an over modded or flamboyant Lambo. You know the ones I mean with coloured wheels, obscene interiors etc.

TAILWAG and Drestless like this.
  11. zipperkarting

BANNED

Jun 10, 2014
    Jersey & France
    Full Name:
    paul troalic
    I like this colour combo. Orange is my fav colour. Sporty and cool. Take on the road or on the track.

12. zipperkarting

BANNED

Jun 10, 2014
    Jersey & France
    Full Name:
    paul troalic
    OK so this is what I've done and what I am going to do so hang the rest of you. My car is for me.
    1) Challenge wheels with titanium wheel bolts
    2) AFCO race suspension for a nice low stance that is adjustable for track use
    3) Carbon seats, the real Ferrari (Sparco) ones
    4) Carbon centre tunnel, instrument surround, aircon surround, dial surround, door speaker panels, steering surround, carbon paddles
    5) Carbon airbox covers, carbon coolant cover, carbon triangle with prancing horse
    Awaiting installation:
    6) Supersprint exhaust headers
    7) 200 cell sports cats
    8) Titanium exhaust set
    9) Titanium filler cap
    10) Rear CS grill
    11) Front CS grills
    12) Rear CS diffuser
    13) CS carbon mirrors
    I also have a full carbon racing spoiler from CS race car that I may fit if I track the car and full CS race stripes.
    To be safe though I am keeping most of the stock items.
    Do you know what my next car is...........Orange Lamborghini Gallardo!!
    Feel better now I've got that off my chest.

Stealthssfc and Drestless like this.
  13. blackbolt22

blackbolt22 F1 Veteran

Sep 25, 2007
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Mr. Anderson
    I don't cringe but it's not my taste. I don't knock people that do what they want with their cars. It's their car and their happiness alone that matters.

Dave rocks and Drestless like this.
  14. BAD430BENZ

BAD430BENZ Formula Junior

May 13, 2014
    EL PASO , TX
    Full Name:
    JASON
    zipperkarting and Drestless like this.
  15. BAD430BENZ

May 13, 2014
    EL PASO , TX
    Full Name:
    JASON
    You know i voted "cool" for the originality of this look on a 360 !

I would buy this front bumper if it wasn't $6500.00

Drestless likes this.
  16. Drestless

Drestless Formula 3

Oct 1, 2014
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Jam
    Before I bought my 360, I saw this photo and caught my eye for mod possibilities. Then the price took me aback when I started to seriously consider it after I purchased my 360.

So far right now my 360 have the desirable mods like Challenge Grill, Tubi exhaust and other Stradale exterior touches but I know it doesn't end there. In the none-oem mod, she already have a matte black 20" wheels, JL Audio system and a full body wrap (not gold :rolleyes:). Not for long, it will have a custom wing but still researching what's the perfect one for her current look.

I saw yours a while back and strongly consider it too, but I would buy a engine cover / trunk first to attach any custom wing that I buy (if I do buy one). This keeps her flexible if I wanted the wingless look again in the far future.

17. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Ontario, The Real One in Canada
    Full Name:
    Lars!
    Thanks.
    My opinion.....I don't get the yellow headlight tint....and i really don't like the black plastic thing in front of the front wheel...looks like something on a new vette. Same with the wing. Otherwise it's fine.

Drestless likes this.
  18. BAD430BENZ

May 13, 2014
    EL PASO , TX
    Full Name:
    JASON
    I thought the same thing on the rear hatch but decided i would wait on buying another since they are readily available . I am actually considering wrapping the car in some crazy Lambo color ( orange , green , etc. )

I don't like the yellow tint either . Plus the yellow tint actually adheres itself to the light because of sunlight and ends up ruining the lens itself . I do like the yellow headlight look so i switched my bulbs to 3000K HIDs .

From the looks of it , the front plastic thing in front of the front wheels is actually vents on the bumper itself . They just painted around the vents and it made it look like something attached when the bumper is actually carbon fiber , which you can see from the pic .

Image Unavailable, Please Login

19. Eric C

Eric C F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 20, 2009
    St. Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I like it.

LARRYH and Drestless like this.
  20. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I like everything on the car in the original post except for the air intake riser thingys.

21. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I do not doubt this. However, I read in a post on here yesterday that the Challenge Stradale mirrors are different because the original 360 mirrors keep the car from going faster because they block more air from going into the intakes...

22. white out

white out Formula 3

Mar 3, 2010
    wheels, stance, 430 rockers = yes
    wing, vent in bumper, air intake scoops = no
    458 grille looks pretty sweet. But the 360 bumper has never looked bad to me, so I could go either way with it.

23. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    I'll never understand why people want to undo the beauty that Pininfarina gave us...

05011994, dreichman and KC360 FL like this.
  24. BAD430BENZ

May 13, 2014
    EL PASO , TX
    Full Name:
    JASON
    Well technically , Pininfarina gave us the 360 and the 458 , which is what this kit combines on the front bumper so i'm guessing with all the opinions about modding a Ferrari , everyone in this thread should like this bumper.......i know , i know.....minus the side vents .

Drestless likes this.
  25. KC360 FL

KC360 FL Formula 3

Jun 20, 2017
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    KGC
    But he (Pininfarina) never hammered the two together. I think that's the point.

PS: I don't like the bumper with or without the side appendages (vents?)
    And I'm still cringing.

sparetireless and dreichman like this.