Cool or Cringe - Cast your Vote | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Cool or Cringe - Cast your Vote

Discussion in '360/430' started by Drestless, Nov 17, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Cool or Cringe - Cast your Vote

1. Cool

2. Cringe

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. BAD430BENZ

BAD430BENZ Formula Junior

May 13, 2014
    EL PASO , TX
    Full Name:
    JASON
    I guess i have been wrong this whole time . I should have taken all the parts off the 458 and stuck them to my car and then i would have been praised for it . I don't need to make one of Ferrari's designs even better because they do that themselves....by creating the next model . I made my car work better . My parts are not made for your car and i really hope that nobody copies what i did . I want people to see what i did and get inspired if they are into modifying and see that there are people out there that do modify in many different ways and not be looked down upon for doing so....no matter what the majority may say around here .

This is not a shot at 360trev , because i like his car , but to the fact that members judge without having any facts to back it up . If in fact , all car designers had the perfect product and there was no room for improvement , why are there so many aftermarket companies making performance enhancements that DO make the car work better than the OEM designers ? How many people here have aftermarket exhaust , wheels , etc. ? Can there possibly be that many crazy people in this world that have just lost their minds and have done something to a perfect design ?

Drestless likes this.
  2. Drestless

Drestless Formula 3

Oct 1, 2014
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Jam
    You hit the nail on the head on this one. Well said.

The fact there's a good number of aftermarket manufacturers making Ferrari mod products, it means there's more than enough demand for it.

3. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    Designs may start with absolute purity when in the cad program they use to design with but by the time it gets to become a production reality, even before they get anywhere near production lines they begin to get compromised. Why? Cost of production, materials, world wide regulations, limits of technology available for mass production, materials strengths, etc. Take your pick. Even something as simple as a crease in the body may not be so easy to make and then what about repairs? And so it goes on...

I think it's that many people are just pretty conservative when it comes to their thinking and mindset. Of course if Ferrari had done it then it's suddenly cool, if not it's somehow bad to even try.... like fitment of an airbrake! Which was done on the Enzo but yet to make it onto the lesser series cars... Despite McLaren doing it on all their cars.

Please don't make this thread about my car :) I naturally felt the performance was the easiest to improve because the focus was road driving and even in the CS it was 80% road driving, just moving that bias towards track a bit more obviously improves performance considerably on the track at the expense of a bit of road driving benefit, such as ditching the Stereo for example. Don't forget that cars are being made for many compromises, depending on what ones are more important to the individual car vs making 20,000 of them it changes things considerably, times the extra cost eg of say an lithium battery by 20k and it's damn hard to justify... And even then it wasn't even around back in 1999 when they where designed... How things evolve so quickly!

4. BAD430BENZ

BAD430BENZ Formula Junior

May 13, 2014
    EL PASO , TX
    Full Name:
    JASON
    Your car is only mentioned as one of the ways you can modify it . I had no idea your car even existed until it was brought up by someone else and i searched for it . It is beautiful , but by no means , the only way to modify a Ferrari to make it "better" . I keep hearing people speak their minds about how to modify a Ferrari properly but don't see a whole hell of a lot of people doing it . Just because you and I went 2 different routes in our modification process , doesn't make either one of us right or wrong . Yours works for you and mine works for me . Unlike most others on here , I don't judge people for the things they do to their cars .

If anyone wants to leave their car untouched and not do a thing to it , that's their right , but don't come on here and criticize the ones that do .

Drestless likes this.
  5. mkzhang

mkzhang Formula Junior

Oct 5, 2009
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I don't think people really attacked your car or your mods. You asked cool or cringe.

I personally think a lot of cars with loud aftermarket exhaust sounds like crap and cringe. But that's just because I'm a stuck up elitist with an exhaust on my Ferrari lol. But doesn't mean other people don't appreciate the exhaust on their gti or g37 etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm 360 Canuck likes this.
  6. zipperkarting

zipperkarting Formula Junior
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2014
    Jersey & France
    Full Name:
    paul troalic
    Love this.
    Does anyone recall seeing the FERRARI 360 finished in Gulf colors (blue and orange) some years ago on EBay?
    It was for sale for some time and I was very keen as I was looking for a 360. It must have been sold I guess but I wondered if the new owner had kept it in these colors as I think it looked superb.
    Anyone know anything?