Corbani | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Corbani

Discussion in '206/246' started by 4CamGT, Apr 27, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
  2. swift53

swift53 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2007
    E.S.
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    Freeman, love your car...I would like to find the same wheels you have. What dims. are they, and do they fit without mods?
    I have the same year you have, a Targa.

Thanks!
    Regards, Alberto

3. 4CamGT

4CamGT F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2004
    Southern California
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Thank you Alberto! The wheels are factory Fuchs 7X15 with 185/70VR15 XWX’s. Classic early LWB set up. The key is 2 degrees of negative camber on the rear to clear. This is the max outlined by the factory manual. You need a good alignment shop to make sure, as typically, the right and left sides of an early 911 differ in clearance. You don’t want to scrape those expensive XWX’s! CN36’s are also correct.

Freeman

4. 4CamGT

4CamGT F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2004
    Southern California
    A close-up. Were refinished by Harvey Weidman in “RSR” frosted finish

Image Unavailable, Please Login

LARRYH likes this.
  5. swift53

swift53 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2007
    E.S.
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    I have heard of Harvey Weidman and the gorgeous finish he achieves. How do you find the 'proper wheels' ,
    and not replica, lookalikes and such ?

Under spirited driving I have scraped the front tires on the original 6" wheels, possibly due to the more than
    needed 205 section. If you have 2 deg of rear camber, what is the proper front setting?

I would like to find the 7" as they do give 'that look', yet would love to use Avon's
    CR6ZZ as they are rated 70 threadwear,and will last just 7,000 miles, plenty enough for my use.

They look really cool, very period. Almost like GY Bluestreaks.

Regards, Alberto Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. 4CamGT

4CamGT F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2004
    Southern California
    The Avon CR6ZZ is a popular great choice for track and road. I’ve run 205/60-15’s on 6’s and 7’s w/o issue on my ‘69E and ‘71E Targa in the past. It has a lot to do with the shoulder from tire to tire. I’ve also run R7’s with 550M-15 Dunlop Racing and but I rolled the lips of the flairs on that 911. R7’s are really Trick in that it looks like an early “deep 6” (‘69-‘71) but has an extra inch on the inside. What I love about both the “deep dish 7’s” as shown and “R7”s” is they give a 185/70 tire a blown out look vs “pinched” on a 6”. Have I lost you yet?

For factory 7’s like I have on my car, EBAY or contact Weidman Wheels directly https://www.whitepages.com/business/CA/Oroville/weidman-s-wheels/b-19pf112

He usually has some. Tell him you’re looking for a matched set. He also knows just about every tire/wheel combination that will work on an early 911. He is the very best in the world.

Freeman

7. 4CamGT

4CamGT F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2004
    Southern California

Link to some info: http://www.early911sregistry.org/forums/showthread.php?138213-FS-RSR-frosted-finished-fuchs-15x7-8-wheels-restored

8. davidoloan

davidoloan Formula Junior

May 6, 2009
    Full Name:
    David
    She is the famous motoring journalist.

This is why I only read about 0.1% of anything online, and look suspiciously at any article first.

Too much pressure to churn out massive amounts of "content" to maximise minuscule advertising revenue. In the old days when the customer paid, the average quality level was much higher. Although in Bloombergs case they expect you to pay, so no excuses.

9. swift53

swift53 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2007
    E.S.
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    Thank you Freeman, great info!
    Will reach out later when back home, and have done more homework...
    Kind regards,
    Alberto

10. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Great to see it on the road at the 50th anniversary, it had many deferred maintenance needs while in the USA. I had dinner with JC several times when in Santa Barbara departing on SCUBA trips to the Channel Islands. He would take me to a seafood restaurant and order a Deli style pastrami sandwich - LOL
    Jon, Miss you and your always great convo
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. dinogts

dinogts Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

#36 dinogts, Jul 15, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2018
    The current owner, Ralf, of Corbani's Dino and I have corresponded a few times. The car is safe and sound a few miles north of Düsseldorf, is being well taken care of, is getting well exercised, and is hanging out with a few special friends. Let's see if you can figure out who the special friends are (one of them is pretty damn easy to figure out -

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. GIOTTO

GIOTTO F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Dec 30, 2006
    France
    Magnus Walker & Jacky Ickx.

13. dinogts

dinogts Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Giotto - WINNER.

That is Ralf on the right with Magnus Walker, and on the left with Jacky Ickx.

14. dinogts

dinogts Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

15. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

gorgeous t freeman.

I miss john too.

16. 4CamGT

4CamGT F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2004
    Southern California
    Thanks Peter! Even though I never got to know John, I wish he was still around to hear his open-minded POV and his problem solving curiosity and knowledge. I really miss that!