Coronavirus live update | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Coronavirus live update

Discussion in 'F1' started by Ferrari 308 GTB, Feb 29, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

All sporting events in Italy will take place without fans present for at least the next month due to the virus outbreak in the country, the Italian government announced.

That will likely see Italian soccer league resume in full this weekend after the calendar was pushed back a week.

Italy is the epicenter of Europe’s coronavirus outbreak. More than 100 people have died and more than 3,000 have been infected with COVID-19.

The Italian government issued a new decree on Wednesday evening, with measures it hopes will help contain the spread of the virus. -- Associated Press

kraftwerk likes this.
  2. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Thanks for the update D.

3. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

More of this is our reality for the near future lol :)

kraftwerk likes this.
  4. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    They,Sky, reporting there are many people with 'mild symptoms' they are not confirmed cases in the statistics but can still spread the virus.

Flavio_C likes this.
  5. Ferrari 308 GTB

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Italy announced on Feb. 26 that it would relax its testing criteria to the point that contacts linked to confirmed cases or recent travelers to outbreak areas would not be tested anymore, unless they show symptoms.

This is a bit too relaxed i think.

Flavio_C likes this.
  6. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    Ok, you guys will think I'm joking but the scene today was surreal:

I went to the supermarket today (Milan) and in front of it there is a big square. The schools are closed, but for my terrifying surprise there were hundreds of kids playing and running around, many of them with parents or grandparents! How the f#$k they are going to contain the outbreak?! What was the purpose of closing the schools then?! AFAIK Milan City has 140 cases already which means there are much more infected people around without sympthons.

To make the scene more bizarre, an ambulance arrives and stops in front of an apartment building. The paramedics are all dressed with that "hazardous preventing clothes" (don't know how to call it in English) and masks. A few residents from the building, all using masks, come down and start to talk to the paramedics. They take the stretcher off the ambulance but then I decide to leave.

As far as I'm disgusted of the Chinese political system, I have to say that the sense of community and discipline of the Chinese people are commendable. Incredible how stupid people are behaving here in Italy! Last sunday, when I was leaving a ski station, a guy was complaining at the cableway queue that there were not more people getting into each car and thus he had to wait more for it!

Well, not sure what to expect from it...

Boomhauer, Isobel and ypsilon like this.
  7. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Crazy........HAZMAT clothes...fyi

8. Ferrari 308 GTB

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    You still going skiing? Braver man than me.

9. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Err no.

Patient Zero was discovered in early December, the wet seafood market wasn't closed till the 1st of January and Wuhan didn't go into LOCK DOWN till the 23rd of January. Up to that point China was arresting/silencing anyone talking about it.

Obviously China is over/under reporting the numbers.

Nembo1777 likes this.
  10. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    Yes, I am, but at any sign of a cold, cough, whatever, I will isolate myself.

Nembo1777 and Ferrari 308 GTB like this.
  11. Barbedwyre

Barbedwyre Karting

Jan 21, 2018
    Not sure why you quoted me... nothing you said refutes anything I said. Everything you stated is known. It’s quite possible in a culture like Italy’s where kissing on the cheek etc is the norm that the virus could spread much faster than in a place like China. Even with all that knowledge and cultural differences you don’t see Italy going into extreme lockdown. Like I said far fetched but the numbers are not impossible.

Boomhauer likes this.
  12. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
  13. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Seems quite reasonable, but will it be enough?
    Increased sanitation and avoiding physical contacts are the keys to stop this virus.
    If only all sporting events could apply those measures.

14. cloverleaf

cloverleaf Karting

Jun 16, 2013
    9,000 people have been tested from the 2nd to the 5th of March alone:
    http://www.protezionecivile.gov.it/documents/20182/1221364/Dati+Riepilogo+Nazionale+2marzo2020/
    http://www.protezionecivile.gov.it/documents/20182/1221364/Dati+Riepilogo+Nazionale+5marzo2020/

15. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Why? Because you are making is sound like a communist state that arrests doctors for speaking out are doing a better job then Italy even though they did **** all for 2 months.

Italy and Iran both have cheek greeting cultures which might explain their high numbers but 2nd place South Korea has no kissing culture at all.

There is no need for an extreme lock down unless they are ****ing lying about the numbers so no the numbers aren't far fetched at all.

16. Barbedwyre

Barbedwyre Karting

Jan 21, 2018
    Yea you need to calm down mr big font. Nobody made it seem like anything. I was outraged just as much as anyone else that the dr that was trying to warn people was “silenced” and then died of the same illness he tried to protect others from.

Highlighting that they have a level of control over their population that other states do not does not indicate any of your assertions. But that’s par for the course here. Continue with your short sighted knee jerk responses and assumptions. Good day to you.

Boomhauer likes this.
  17. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Umm the only knee jerk responses are coming from you Mr I'm too good to be quoted and everything is known :rolleyes:

18. Barbedwyre

Barbedwyre Karting

Jan 21, 2018
    Your
    Yea you’re clearly misreading and or misunderstanding. I clearly stated that your statements did not refute what I stated which is the reason why I said I’m not sure why you quoted me. Then you showed your hand stating that I implied “a communist whatever” is somehow doing Something better than Italy. Which was never stated or implied. Yet the point was Italian culture could provide a faster conduit for transmission.

So lets review. I said the numbers were far fetched. I said italian culture could make it easire/quicker to transmit. I said China has a level of control over the population that most others do not.

Tell me again where I said china did anything better? You quoted me and went off on a tangent about patient zero and silencing of whistleblowers. That addresses nothing I stated. Never said they did it in a timely manner. Never said they weren’t ****ed up for silencing whistleblowers.

Tell me again where I said I was too good to be quoted. Thats right I didn’t and gave you reason why I didn’t understand why you quoted me. But in case you forgot I’ll say it again... its because you didn’t refute/address the points of my post.

But carry on. I won’t discuss the position further.

Boomhauer likes this.
  19. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    So Vietnam race probably won't happen? Seems like domestic and international flights everywhere are dropping fast. Why show up to a track with no fans...

20. Ferrari 308 GTB

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    What happens to the 27 mio Americans with no health insurance? Have to pay 3K to get tested?

21. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

A virus can strike anyone, rich or poor, and anyone carrying it can contaminate a lot of people.
    That's why everybody HAS to be treated, for the benefit of society in general.
    I don't know how that works in the States, but surely the authorities would have to step in and offer free treatment.
    Are they not dispensaries for people who can't pay for medical care for down-and-out folks, people who sleep rough, etc ?

22. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Yep China able to contain the virus by shutting down all traffic into and out of Wuhan/hot zones and severely curtailing civil liberties like only one family member being able to leave home every 2 or 3 days to go shopping with a near despotic level of population control.

23. Ferrari 308 GTB

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical

Maybe our friends across the pond can answer that?

24. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    It may be what it takes to stop the spread of the disease.
    In Western society we tend to put freedom above everything else, so we don't understand other cultures.
    I am in fact surprised that not more restrictions are imposed here.

Boomhauer and Flavio_C like this.
  25. Ferrari 308 GTB

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Looks like the rest of world is under reacting ..just laugh at China 'we are different'

Give it another month then see who laughing

Boomhauer and Flavio_C like this.