Coronavirus | Page 116 | FerrariChat

Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Ferraridoc, Mar 21, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. simon klein

simon klein Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
    It Was your fault bringing it up....so to speak.

I sent you an email yesterday BTW.

2. simon klein

simon klein Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
  3. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    Interesting video clip (TLDR for Horse) shows the timeline clearly and makes Trump look good for his reaction to the virus ONCE he knew ..... sure he could have stopped the international flights earlier but the damage had already been done according to this clip and from what we all know now

( Horse go to the 50 minute point for the highlights for me )

All this clip really proves is that there's a lot more at stake here than blaming the Chinese people, they were misled as much as us and some of the doctors really tried to get the message out there

I'm still trying to work out if the reporter is a Democrat or Republican because like me she blames all persuasions of govt but it's bleeding obvious she hates the CCP

4. IanB

IanB F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 15, 2006
    Sydney
    more good news, asthma research paying off again!

The early treatment of Covid-19 patients with mild symptoms has proven overwhelmingly effective. In Texas, Dr. Richard Bartlett has a 100% track record of no deaths with his treatment of Covid-19. As part of his protocol, he uses an inexpensive inhaled asthma steroid called budesonide. This treats the pulmonary inflammation that is often the culprit in the death of patients with Covid-19.

5. greg246

greg246 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 2, 2004
    Sydney,Australia
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Big *cough* !!!!

A small town GP, treating his own patients with no study parameters? C’mon, self interest and quackery at its best

Google this guy and what a surprise, “God” showed him the way

http://godreports.com/2020/07/god-led-christian-doctor-in-texas-to-covid-cure/

Anecdotal evidence is not how science or medicine works. At least some in Texas agree

https://www.mrt.com/news/article/Wilson-No-benefit-using-inhaled-steroids-for-15390142.php

6. greg246

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 2, 2004
    Sydney,Australia
    Full Name:
    Greg
    A more sensible approach to his claims here

https://world.wng.org/2020/07/a_silver_bullet_for_covid_19

“Answers are on the way: Oxford and the Queensland University of Technology are already investigating this idea with their STOIC (Steroids in COVID-19) clinical trial. Queensland University of Technology elaborates on its origins: Two researchers “had noticed early on in the pandemic that people with asthma and the chronic lung disease COPD were under-represented in the numbers of seriously ill COVID-19 patients.” This struck them as unusual, since you’d normally expect patients with sick lungs not to have an advantage against respiratory viruses. That made them wonder whether those patients’ inhaled steroid treatments might be what was helping them.

In light of the recent discovery that another corticosteroid can help in severe cases of COVID-19—but not in less severe disease—I’m very curious to learn what the STOIC trial will reveal. STOIC aims to reach a conclusion by September. “

Maranello550 and kerrari like this.
  7. IanB

IanB F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 15, 2006
    Sydney
    None of the above, or your tabloid articles, disprove Bartlett's hypothesis, or make him a "quack".

10% of the developed world's population has asthma and a very large number manage their disease by daily steroid inhalation. Given that WuFlu progresses to acute lung inflamation (just like acute asthma) steroids are going to help. I'd bet that most WuFlu patients in ICU are on prednisolone.

As for knocking a bloke because of his religious beliefs, for Zeus sake, it was your ancestors who started the idea!

Maranello550 likes this.
  8. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    I know some people in this category and maybe they are under-represented because they are terrified and staying away from everybody thereby reducing their chances ?

Their doctors put the fear of death into them if they catch this virus so they hunkered down and don't go out at all

I just read an article on the Spanish flu where it said they had developed a vaccine for the SF in 1919 but it didn't really work and we seem to be rushing toward a "cure" the same as they did back then, and it was Australian startup CSL that proposed the "cure"

9. greg246

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 2, 2004
    Sydney,Australia
    Full Name:
    Greg

And your info regarding this guy came from a peer reviewed journal and not a tabloid article??

Sorry, but he is a quack and I will call out misinformation and BS in Medicine because it is one of my pet hates. And for the record, religion is complete ******** and has no place in Medicine

“Dr. Bartlett continued praying and then caught a catnap between patients. During his brief nap something remarkable happened. God supernaturally inspired his waking thoughts with a treatment protocol that has proven to be 100% effective with all his Covid-19 patients.”

It’s not up to anyone to DISPROVE his “hypothesis”, that’s not how it works and you know that. He has not provided any credible evidence. The overwhelming majority of COVID 19 patients recover with no treatment. He could have been giving them a jellybean each and had the same result. The patient cohort that presents to a GP vs a hospital for treatment is vastly different and the outcomes in each are also different.

“10% of the developed world's population has asthma and a very large number manage their disease by daily steroid inhalation. Given that WuFlu progresses to acute lung inflamation (just like acute asthma) steroids are going to help. I'd bet that most WuFlu patients in ICU are on prednisolone.”

Yes, they are on steroids, I’ve made that clear in previous posts but the reasons for that are not the same as what your mate claims. It’s more complex than just drawing the conclusion you did.

Back to the spa with Gary

Maranello550 likes this.
  10. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    TLDR

11. greg246

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 2, 2004
    Sydney,Australia
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Didn’t or can’t?

Maranello550 and Gizzi like this.
  12. kerrari

kerrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    Coolum Beach AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    Karen H.
    I have literally dreamed solutions to design problems, but at least my clients are willing guinea pigs.

13. greg246

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 2, 2004
    Sydney,Australia
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Architects sure love spending other people’s money

DMWC and Maranello550 like this.
  14. Horse

Horse Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2005
    Brisvegas
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Yes he is.

moretti, Maranello550 and greg246 like this.
  15. IanB

IanB F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 15, 2006
    Sydney
    Jealous are we?

I prayed and prayed and was rewarded with the man of my dreams :)

16. greg246

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 2, 2004
    Sydney,Australia
    Full Name:
    Greg
    And you wear that pearl necklace he gave you so well

moretti likes this.
  17. IanB

IanB F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 15, 2006
    Sydney
    Our subconscious mind often solves problems while we're asleep. Einstein famously kept a notebook by his bedside.

Some people call this "god", which is arguable, but that doesn't make the outcome automatically invalid.

18. kerrari

Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    Coolum Beach AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    Karen H.
  19. IanB

IanB F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 15, 2006
    Sydney
    he's got a bit of thing for that hasn't he?

greg246 likes this.
  20. kerrari

Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    Coolum Beach AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    Karen H.
    No it doesn’t, but acting upon it without validation isn’t a good idea in medicine...
    BtW, I DO keep a noteblock beside my bed!

21. Maranello550

Maranello550 F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 25, 2011
    HongKong
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Never knock a bloke for his hobbies....Stop being a bully Greg...I’ve always returned your goats in the same condition as you lent them to me....:)

DMWC and greg246 like this.
  22. greg246

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 2, 2004
    Sydney,Australia
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Rooted?

moretti and Maranello550 like this.
  23. Maranello550

Maranello550 F1 World Champ