Coronavirus | Page 162 | FerrariChat

Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Ferraridoc, Mar 21, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. IanB

IanB F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 15, 2006
    Sydney
  2. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Ok....but look at Italy

3. Arvin Grajau

Arvin Grajau Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 7, 2006
    Wurundjeri man.
    Full Name:
    Arvin Grajau
    And local rural Shepparton has 3 cases linked to the Chadstone cleaner .

So over it , there goes my drive in December for 4 days .

Ian while the numbers are climbing again in Europe ,the death rate % is far lower then early in the year ..

Thoughts on Sweden ?

4. IanB

IanB F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 15, 2006
    Sydney
    Sweden has achieved herd immunity, with their economy intact.

VIC has little or no immunity and permanent economic damage.

WHO data shows the facts, if you are under 70 and/or have no comorbidity, WuFlu is no more likely to kill you than any of the previous flu epidemics.

Maranello550 and Arvin Grajau like this.
  5. Arvin Grajau

Silver Subscribed

Jun 7, 2006
    Wurundjeri man.
    Full Name:
    Arvin Grajau
    Yes Sweden , all the way back to the end of July , single figure deaths day after day with cases daily 250 to 450 odd...as you said herd immunity .

Crazy Victoria cases around 10 with the average death age 83 ....which is normal life spam for a female .

The daily active figures here over the last 10 days (and at no other time) are being changed daily from the previous report figure .I smell a rat..

6. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Sensible post, for once. Locked down for over 2 months and economy destroyed, and numbers have been the same for a few weeks. We need to open up, we need to be careful, we need to protect the vulnerable and I need to take the Ducati for a ride up the hills. Lockdown stopped the spike in cases. Lockdown isn't stopping low numbers.

7. Arvin Grajau

Silver Subscribed

Jun 7, 2006
    Wurundjeri man.
    Full Name:
    Arvin Grajau
    France over the last month 10,000 plus cases a day , yet deaths per day around 50 ...and I don't know there age or other medical issues ...

8. Arvin Grajau

Silver Subscribed

Jun 7, 2006
    Wurundjeri man.
    Full Name:
    Arvin Grajau
    I need to get out with all my friends and do a drive over 4 days ..

My dream the Snowy mountain hwy or the Alpine way .....once upon a time .
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Maranello550 likes this.
  9. Arvin Grajau

Silver Subscribed

Jun 7, 2006
    Wurundjeri man.
    Full Name:
    Arvin Grajau
    Another example ..Switzerland ..daily cases since early July average around 250 p/day deaths well under 5 per day , once again there age ? and what other health issues ?

Even in North America per 100,000 the death rate is around 50 per 100,000.

10. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    Compare Sweden to Australia, not good !

If not for VIC buggering up our numbers it would be even better and the borders would all be open and our only restriction would be going overseas

Arvin Grajau likes this.
  11. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Yeah sorry

12. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    You know, I was proud of Australian politics when this thing hit, Morrison did the right thing along with Trump in stopping incoming flights.

Morrison did a better job than Trump protecting his people, end of.

All state govts worked WITH the federal govt in a desperate bid to protect us all

NSW and VIC fuched up, NSW with the Ruby Princess and VIC with the quarantining fiasco.

NSW got VERY lucky (2700 people let loose into the wider community straight off a highly infected ship !!!) , the potential to wipe out MANY lives was somehow averted.

VIC also made a mistake (planned or otherwise) and paid hugely for it

In both cases the Premiers had to take final responsibility , karma got Gladys and Dan will get his

There are grubs in politics but not because they are Labor or Liberal, the "grubs" are those that use there position to fill their pockets and that has never been an ideology differentiator.

People that value money more than lives will always do the wrong thing and people that have no money will do the wrong thing more often than not because they have no motivation to work hard to achieve whatever they want.

This is a country where you can achieve anything you want if you are prepared to work hard for it

kerrari likes this.
  13. Arvin Grajau

Silver Subscribed

Jun 7, 2006
    Wurundjeri man.
    Full Name:
    Arvin Grajau
    Leave Gladys alone Muppet

14. Arvin Grajau

Silver Subscribed

Jun 7, 2006
    Wurundjeri man.
    Full Name:
    Arvin Grajau
    OK lets call it for what it is in Melbourne .........we will never have China-Virus at zero per day... why we are a multi-cultural society with many whom have a lack of English or are too scared to get tested.

Major issue in Melbourne is people with expired visas who are doing the shiit jobs , courier ,uber ,cleaning ect .
    Living in large groups and moving through Melbourne , they will NOT get tested for fear of being found with an expired visa .

I say put your VIC Police onto this Andrews and round them up.

15. carl888

carl888 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Carl
    #4041 carl888, Oct 13, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2020
    Unable to keep track of the daily changes to who can do what, I went back to Andrews' requirements for achieving the next, "Third Step", and what that means.

The test will be applied on October 26, only 12 days away. And the metrics are to have an average of less than 5 new cases over the last 14 days and less than 5 new cases in total over the last 14 days with an unknown source.

To put this in perspective, to move to the next step, only 1 person for every million Victorians can test positive daily. And right now, we're sitting at 2. There isn't anyone out there saying that we're going to halve the rate of positives in 9 days.

But the more concerning metric is cases with an the unknown source. For this, it is only 1 person in every million Victorians over 2 weeks. The DHHS website doesn't even show this number, so Victorians can't actually see how they are tracking towards Step 3.

Until this is achieved, there will be no retail, no accommodation, tourism, outdoor entertainment, museums, galleries etc. As we approach Christmas and the Summer. You can't even get a haircut.

As for how much the hospital system is being burdened by Coronavirus patients, well today, there isn't a single Victorian in ICU with Coronavirus, and only 23 hospitalised in total. For 6.5 million Victorians.

It is clear by the roadmap that Andrews is going for elimination, even if he isn't saying that. But few believe he will ever get there. Even the 5+5 is a long way off. As for the "Last Step" and then "COVID Normal", they aren't even worth talking about at this point. Fantasy land.

At one point, I thought to myself, isn't there anyone amongst the Labor leadership that has considered quietly tapping Andrews on the shoulder and suggesting that he might loosen the noose just a little bit, even just in the interests of self-preservation?

But then I think of an interview with Catherine Andrews from 2015 when she said: "If Dan says ‘I am going to do this’, you can guarantee he is going to do it."

If she's right, we should all be worried. Because if Andrews sticks with his roadmap, it is a road to nowhere.

He should watch from 4:19:

https://ed.ted.com/lessons/why-incompetent-people-think-they-re-amazing-david-dunning

And furthermore re: the aged:

I pulled the file on every single person that exited an Aged Care Facility in Australia over 2019. Amazing you can download this stuff. No names, but things like "Primary language", "Australian born?", age, length of stay, reason for leaving etc. I pared the file back to Victoria, then back to just permanent residents in a facility.

- 17,989 "left" in 2019.

- The average length of stay was 2.5 years.

- 83% (15,010) left due to death, with about 10% moving to another facility.

Conclusion: In any given year, about 1 in 3 of the people in an aged care facility die. So this year, it will be about 18,000 of the 57,000 Victorians. Now you can pretty much guarantee that everyone in a facility has been tested. Of the 2,000 that tested positive, 600 died. Interestingly, that is also about 1 in 3. But does that mean that 1 in 3 of the residents who die with COVID-19 die because of COVID-19, since 1 in 3 die each year in a facility anyway?

Interesting question.

What we do know is that only 3.5% of residents tested positive, which is a good thing. And only 1% of residents died with it, whether it was from it or not. Given that 33% die each year anyway, a resident has only a 1 in 33 chance of dying with COVID-19.

Whether from it. Or not.

Maranello550 likes this.
  16. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Andrews has already suggested that there's going to be a need for some flexibility now. I think he's starting to believe it's an unrealistic aim.

17. carl888

carl888 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Carl
    He has no idea, it's "shotgun" management at its finest.

But really what would you expect from this fool.

He's never run a business and his behavior suggests money simply pops out from a genie bottle. Then he strangles the very vehicle that provides his Government liquidity.

he was educated at the Marist Brothers' Galen Catholic College.[1] Andrews moved back to Melbourne in 1990 to attend Monash University, where he was a resident of Mannix College and graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree in politics and classics in 1996. After graduating, Andrews became an electorate officer for federal Labor MP Alan Griffin. He worked at the party's head office from 1999 to 2002, initially as an organiser, and then as assistant state secretary.[2]

You can't open a retail outlet under strict guidelines, but it's fine to give league footballers an exemption to fly to QLD in a plane.

Currently Victoria is a low water mark in Australian politics.

18. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
  19. Arvin Grajau

Silver Subscribed

Jun 7, 2006
    Wurundjeri man.
    Full Name:
    Arvin Grajau
    Grub Andrews , just look where he lives

20. Arvin Grajau

Silver Subscribed

Jun 7, 2006
    Wurundjeri man.
    Full Name:
    Arvin Grajau
    And i don't believe the testing numbers ..

21. Arvin Grajau

Silver Subscribed

Jun 7, 2006
    Wurundjeri man.
    Full Name:
    Arvin Grajau
    4 cases in Melbourne yesterday FFS round up the scum and deport .

22. Arvin Grajau

Silver Subscribed

Jun 7, 2006
    Wurundjeri man.
    Full Name:
    Arvin Grajau
    8 active cases in rural VIC FFS open up .

23. IanB

IanB F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 15, 2006
    Sydney
    MORETTI for VIC PREMIER!

Let's have a pole !

Maranello550 and greg246 like this.
  24. Arvin Grajau

Silver Subscribed

Jun 7, 2006
    Wurundjeri man.
    Full Name:
    Arvin Grajau
    Moving though Melbourne Uber drivers, courier drivers ,cleaners with expired visas who will not get tested ...that is the problem in Melbourne .No different to the second wave of the Spanish flu in Melbourne in 1919 except there jobs have changed