Correct Radio for 1970 Queen deliv to Milan | FerrariChat

Correct Radio for 1970 Queen deliv to Milan

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by jrf365, Jul 25, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jrf365

jrf365 Rookie

Nov 27, 2010
    Gentlemen,
    I want to put in a correct radio for my 1970 (January build) Queen. The car was bought new in Milan. I assume the dealers installed the radios so there would be a range of correct European radios. Any suggestions as to the right radios and sources? Thanks!

John

2. Dogdish

Dogdish Formula Junior

Dec 27, 2005
    Denver
    #2 Dogdish, Jul 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    My old 68 Italian delivery had a Voxon 8-track, AM, Shortwave in it. Your 365 is 2 years later, which is a long time in the stereo world back then. Others (more knowledgeable) should chime in shortly. Radio knobs are not correct.

Bill
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. Bryanp

Bryanp F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2002
    Santa Fe, NM
    #3 Bryanp, Jul 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  4. jrf365

jrf365 Rookie

Nov 27, 2010
    Thanks to both of you. I have read about the Voxson. They were made in Rome by F.A.R.E.T. If I can identify which Blaupunkt or Becker is appropriate, I may lean that was as they would be easier to get parts for. I never turn on the radio I have in the car anyway, this is just to get the car "period correct". Maybe the Voxson with an 8 Track would be a good conversation piece! I say Coco Chinetti's white 3 seater at Pebble 11 years ago with an 8 track and I was surprised how many people commented on it. That was very high tech back in the day!

5. jrf365

jrf365 Rookie

Nov 27, 2010
    Bill,

I noticed in the photo, you have blue floor mats that appear to be in good condition. I have a Blu Ribot body with beige leather. Are those original mats? If not where did you get them made? My car has black mats that are worn on the driver side. Thanks. John

6. Dogdish

Dogdish Formula Junior

Dec 27, 2005
    Denver
    John,

I'm not a Ferrari interior expert…….with that said:

I had those quickly made by an interior shop in Phoenix with the old mats as a pattern. I think the shop should have the car so they can fit them properly. I would think any of the more competent upholstery shops are capable of making them. We did pull off the heel pads and reused them on the new mats, as back then they weren't available.

I also had another set made that were my "daily driver" mats so the nice ones were saved for shows.

I think the key is getting the proper carpet and edge binding. I can get you some phone numbers of people that would know more than me. PM me if you want.

Bill

7. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    My US delivery 365GT (12327) has a Blaupunkt New Yorker. The nice thing about it is it had an aux input just waiting for a cable (no mini-DIN in those days, obviously), which I now have, so I can listen to my iPhone easily.

8. GWB

GWB Karting

Feb 18, 2007
    Houston Texas
    Full Name:
    Gavin Britz
    Anyone know the correct radio for an 1968 European delivery and where can I get one from