Corsa or Corsa System? | FerrariChat

Corsa or Corsa System?

Discussion in '360/430' started by There, Sep 7, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. There

There Rookie

May 19, 2005
    http://img332.imageshack.us/img332/9533/360stradale2dy.jpg

This tire is the P Zero Corsa and not the Corsa System as far as i´m concerned, right?

I have allso heard that the options for the F430(even thought the car in the picture above is a 360stradale) is: Pirelli P-Zero Rosso, Michelin PS2 and Bridgestone RE050A. Is this correct? Does anybody allso know why the Corsa System is not included in the option? Seems to be a fine tire, great mix of dry and wet performance.......????

2. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    The Corsa System is better suited to a track-oriented car like the CS rather than the more mainstream 430. That said, I would have liked to have seen it as an option, with full disclosure on tread wear, etc.

Gary

3. India Whiskey Charlie

India Whiskey Charlie Formula Junior

May 24, 2001
    Way Out West
  4. Frank_C

Frank_C F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2004
    Whistling through the wheat field in Texas
    Full Name:
    Frank Cavallo
    FWIW I've hated ALL the Pirellis I've ever had. I prefer Michelins. I do like the Bridgestones on my spider. From an apples to apples comparison: my SL 55 had P zeros, my wifes SL 500-same exact car (except HP) had Michelins. Far superior from a noise standpoint and especially from a vibration standpoint. The Pirellis are frankly uncomfortable POS IMO. In the future I will ALWAYS go out of my way to order car with the specification being NO Pirellis rather than the other way around.

5. India Whiskey Charlie

May 24, 2001
    Way Out West
    So, what is your definition of a non-POS tire?

6. Frank_C

Frank_C F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2004
    Whistling through the wheat field in Texas
    Full Name:
    Frank Cavallo
    That all depends. On my F250 I replaced the Bf Goodrich with Goodyear wranglers. Both are quiet- a wash. However the Goodyears are worthless POS as their sidewalls are weak- lack of grip and I get a lot of roll around corners makes you very cautious at taking corners at speed.

In the 90s I had P7s or P6s on a MB 320Coupe- once again the Pirelli wobble and noise. My 95 320 SL also came with those wobbly POS. I have found that Michelins and Bridgestones are more quiet and don't vibrate as much as those POS. I guess if your a woman or a *** a little vibration goes a long way.....

7. scud

scud F1 World Champ

Oct 2, 2004
    spot on vikenb. i have heard pirelli have made a corsa in 19 inch for the CS rim. i am waiting for a set. i love this tyre and all the porsche guys in my club who run michelin cup sports are looking hard at my tyres and some are converting as i am going faster than them all. they think the diff is in the tyre but i think the steering wheel attendant has something to do with it.

rock on

8. asianbond

asianbond Formula 3

Nov 8, 2003
    Full Name:
    Chris
    tire rack has corsa for CS specs in 19", very cheap only around 1200.

9. scud

scud F1 World Champ

Oct 2, 2004
    corsa or corsa system???
    1200 each or for a set or????

10. India Whiskey Charlie

May 24, 2001
    Way Out West