News

Corso is Back in August.

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by spirot, Jul 31, 2020 at 4:33 PM.

1. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    Ok so after talking to Buckhead Atlanta, we have agreed that we want to restart the "Corso" Ferrari's and Cappuchino's on the Last Saturday of each month.

So for now here is the change - we'll be having it at the parking lot down the street from Fado's across from the Aarons rents building... so this is not as sexy but for now its the best we can do. Since Shake shack is doing to go ordering they need Boling way ( hill between shake shack and Davidoff..) City of Atlanta is not granting any street closures because they don't want any crowds.

So we are going to be in the parking lot, cars need to be 6" apart - all participants must have a mask on. we are limited to no more than 50 people total at one time in the designated area.

good news is that the space is pretty big, so having room is not a problem. we're working if we can get the space next to the buckhead library but more to come on that.

so whenever COVID is done - I hope we can return to the Center Plaza as everyone likes that location. I'm hoping we'll have some refreshments etc... for August. so August 29, 2020 - a Return to Corso !

2. 4right

4right Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Great to hear Tom. Looking forward to seeing everyone. My rebuild is finally complete, so I will be able to bring it to this first event back.

3. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    And the following weekend - Labor Day - there will now be a second IMSA sports car race - a sprint race this time - at Road Atlanta!