Cost for F355 30k Service | FerrariChat

Cost for F355 30k Service

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by 98TDFSpider, Nov 7, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 98TDFSpider

98TDFSpider Rookie

Dec 29, 2003
    Does anyone have a price range for what I should expect to pay? Ferrari dealer vs. independent. This is, of course, the engine out belt service. The car is a '98 with 7k miles and has always had annual fluid changes, but I know based on time the belts are in fact overdue. Thanks for any help in planning for this sigificant outlay.

2. sad11

sad11 Karting

Jun 25, 2004
    I think it depends on what is wrong when they get in there....and there is always something wrong isn't there? Water pump, value guides, etc (not usre if this is an issue on your model year) Then oil change $450-$500. Air filters X3 2 for the motor one for you inside the car.
    My 95 F355 had a repair receipt from FSV for close to $16K, it needed value guide updates etc. I think if nothing is wrong and changing the water pump you are looking at under $8K from a dealer, probably $1.5K less from indy. Ball park speacking of course.

Good luck,

Armen

3. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    One of my clients was just quoted $10K from one of the area dealers.

I run about $7.5k

Do yourself a favor, find someone you really like doing business with and have some level of comfort and trust in and just have them do it. Bring it to them for everything, develop a relationship. It will pay in the long run.

4. Ferrari Fanatic

Ferrari Fanatic Formula 3

Apr 2, 2003
    SoCal
    It is also a function of supply and demand. It could be significantly less in Southern California if you can find a good Independent. Mine was done at a Dealer when I bought my car out of state and 3 years ago it was 30-35% less than in the high cost of living Bay Area.

They billed me 40 hours labor at $125 per hour (ie, labor was $5,000). When I saw the cost of the parts I did the math and learned that the other quotes wanted try to bill me up to 7K in labor. Although most of the cost is in labor as the entire engine, transaxle, and rear suspension are removed as one unit, it still seemed excessively high.

The belts are relatively inexpensive, but the tensioners (should really be done as part of the service while they are in there), I believe were around $700-$800 (as I vagely recall).

The accessory belts should be changed out, spark plugs relaced, as well as all of the fluids changed.

3 years ago I had all of the above completed, plus a new clutch, and water pump and came in well below the 8K mark.

You will want to shop around and find a good Independent. I had a good friend who had his car transported in an enclosed trailer and sent it to So Cal. Where he saved $$$$