Could Adrian go to Ferrari? | Page 17 | FerrariChat

Could Adrian go to Ferrari?

Discussion in 'F1' started by cairns, Apr 25, 2024.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jcurry

jcurry Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 16, 2012
    In the past
    Full Name:
    Jim
  2. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    hamilton does not deserve Newey

Racedrvr, Jack-the-lad and 1monza like this.
  3. Anthony_Ferrari

Anthony_Ferrari Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Sheffield, UK
    Full Name:
    Anthony Currie
    Hamilton is a Ferrari driver. All Ferrari drivers deserve the best engineers, sponsors, and team management. My understanding is that Newey is pretty good, so it is good news if he joins Ferrari.

rmani, Phil~, USMCS6 and 1 other person like this.
  4. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas

Slip up from Eddie.

Jack-the-lad likes this.
  5. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    If you want a secret to be safe, don't tell anything to Motormouth Eddie Jordan !! :p

SS454 likes this.
  6. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    Hamilton does not deserve Newey

E60 M5 and Racedrvr like this.
  7. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Hamilton, as a Ferrari driver, deserves the best cars Ferrari can give him on the grid.

8. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Not yet he isn't.

9. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Newey to Ferrari - There is a God :)

jpalmito likes this.
  10. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

….i wonder if there’s a clause that allows him out if Newey doesn’t go to SF. Then what? By that time the music will have stopped and everybody else will be seated.:eek: Maybe Williams.:D

11. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Recently, 65-year-old Newey admitted for the first time that he is likely to go elsewhere in F1 after a well-earned holiday. Ferrari, Williams, Aston Martin, McLaren and Mercedes are all interested in Newey's services. According to the Daily Mail, talks with Ferrari are already at an advanced stage.

Jordan's strong reaction to Newey rumours
    None of this is true at all, according to his manager Jordan. "It’s really very wrong to be so blatant about [Newey] joining a certain team," Jordan said in the Formula for Success podcasthe co-presents with David Coulthard. "I’m speaking as someone who should know, and I’m not giving any information away, at no stage is any of this kind of discussion happening.

"There will be talks, and there is going to be ongoing talks, because we have yet to decide what Adrian himself wants to do," the former F1 team owner adds. He stresses that Newey will enjoy his time off, first and foremost. "Let us be very clear, it will always be Adrian’s decision – and so it should be – but there is no clear call."

Jordan stresses again that rumours of signed contracts aren't accurate. "I can give my absolute life on that," the 76-year-old Irishman says firmly. "There is no inclination to go in any particular way in the moment, we are looking at the opportunities and we are letting people come to talk to us."

12. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    He needs to EARN not deserve .. All drivers EARN respect.

Jack-the-lad likes this.
  13. jimmyb

jimmyb Formula 3

Dec 26, 2005
    Charlotte, N.C.
    Full Name:
    James Bookout
    Hmmm...so SEVEN WDC's is not worthy of your respect? Seven WDC's doesn't "earn" YOUR respect?
    When can I pick up your Ferrari (at an 80% discount) that you no longer want because of Lewis?

rmani and jpalmito like this.
  14. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    soon you can pick it up. Not sure where the discount comes from. HE NEEDS TO EARN RESPECT his wdc were of a different era man.

15. Anthony_Ferrari

Nov 3, 2003
    Sheffield, UK
    Full Name:
    Anthony Currie
    If Lewis hasn't earned your respect, then I assume no other driver has either? Personally I respect those drivers who have brought glory to Ferrari and those who have caused problems for Ferrari by winning in other cars. Although I respect Hakkinen, Vettel, Hamilton, Verstappen etc, I didn't want them to win (until they were in a red car).

I still find it baffling that supporting Ferrari and Ferrari drivers could be seen as a controversial opinion on this board.

If you don't want Ferrari to win, who would you prefer?

rmani and jpalmito like this.
  16. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Because it's a partisan view that brings a bias opinion on F1, IMO.

I don't support any team, I just enjoy the racing (what's left of it), and accept the winners without any preference.

17. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    William we get it !
    We are fully aware about your mantra ..:D;)

18. HotShoe

HotShoe F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2008
    Lake Worth, FL
    Full Name:
    Anthony Lauro
    It’s a lose/lose situation IMO.

What’s worse? Suddenly supporting a driver you’ve always disliked simply because they now drive for Ferrari or not supporting said driver no matter who they drive for?

Personally I’ll only be pulling for Charles to win. I respect Lewis’s past accomplishments but it would be massively hypocritical of me to want to see him win now just because he’ll be driving for Ferrari.

Jack-the-lad, 375+ and absostone like this.
  19. USMCS6

USMCS6 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 21, 2018
    Arlington VA and Daytona Fl
    Full Name:
    Elliot
    I would like to see Carlos do well anywhere. I like him. That said, I hope Ferrari beats whoever hes driving for because I like Ferrari.

Anthony_Ferrari likes this.
  20. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    Glad someone said the obvious.

21. jimmyb

jimmyb Formula 3

Dec 26, 2005
    Charlotte, N.C.
    Full Name:
    James Bookout
    The "discount" is because you're a "motivated" seller, i.e. you want the car gone because LH drives for Ferrari.
    As far as a "different era", so you don't respect any past WDC's because they drove in a "different era"?
    I'm sure that makes sense...somewhere.

22. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    Whatever Jim.

23. Anthony_Ferrari

Nov 3, 2003
    Sheffield, UK
    Full Name:
    Anthony Currie
    This is how I feel. I support all ex Ferrari drivers. I would cheer for Alesi, Berger, Irvine, etc and still support Alonso now. I would prefer a Ferrari to win, but an ex-Ferrari driver is 2nd best. One of my favourite races that I attended was the 2002 Italian Grand Prix, which was was a Ferrari 1-2, with Irvine 3rd in a Jaguar. A Ferrari 1-2-3 as far as I was concerned. It felt like a lot of the crowd felt the same, judging by their reaction to the podium.

I hated Vettel until he came to Ferrari. I don't feel that I'm a hypocrite, as I have been pretty consistent. I admired Schumacher before he joined Ferrari and I was pleased when he did so. I have admired Newey and Hamilton too and look forward to welcoming them to 'my' team.

jpalmito likes this.
  24. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Everything is said.

Anthony_Ferrari likes this.
  25. william

Silver Subscribed