Couldn’t secure a Pista allocation...ended up with a 765LT instead | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Couldn’t secure a Pista allocation...ended up with a 765LT instead

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Thecadster, Feb 21, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    What a tragedy!!!! Couldn't get a Pista, got a 765LT... Congratulations!!!

blkdiablo33 and Thecadster like this.
  2. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Totally in agreement. I feel the same way with electric hybridization. To me it is more emasculating than transgender "sex reassignment surgery" and also I consider it cheating! And there is nothing like building your own car to your own taste (and limitations).

Coincid and Thecadster like this.
  3. mkraft3003

mkraft3003 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 20, 2016
    Tampa, Fl
    When I got mine last weekend I spent about an hour practicing getting In and out of the car so I wouldn’t look like fool!! Bottom line there is no graceful way to get in/out, especially at 50.

xBox, Spider68, Boomhauer and 2 others like this.
  4. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Hell of a consolation prize, isn’t it?!

@Thecadster enjoy it. Looking forward to your write up after driving it for a bit.

GT2goneF, Napoli and Thecadster like this.
  5. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    I’m nearing 50 myself, and that egress/ingress won’t get any easier as the years progress is an increasingly worrisome factor.

Boomhauer and Art138 like this.
  6. Napoli

Napoli Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2017
    Full Name:
    NOYB, Ray!
    Surprise! Surprise! Dreams do come true. That thing is a jetfighter! So happy for you to be successfully scratching that itch till there are no more. Enjoy the journey. And, please drive (fly?) the hell out of it (safely!) and followup with your impressions. :cool:

Thecadster likes this.
  7. Napoli

Napoli Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2017
    Full Name:
    NOYB, Ray!
    ....for us vicarious folks.

Thecadster likes this.
  8. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I am not certain... I think he may have tied for the prize...

Thecadster likes this.
  9. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    This being a Ferrari site I didn’t want to point out the consolation prize is actually better IMO. The competition only makes it more fun for owners though which is great!

10. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    For a moment, I forgot that this is not a general forum. I guess I am just asking to be BANNED!

Thecadster likes this.
  11. 96redLT4

96redLT4 Formula Junior

Feb 20, 2009
    California
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Wow. That car is bananas Cadster. You will have the best looking best performing car your NC roads have seen in a long time! I can't believe an enthusiast like you is not deemed worthy of a Pista. Did you buy the used F12 and 812 from the same dealer?

Boomhauer and Thecadster like this.
  12. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Cadster way to turn lemons into lemonade. Look forward to hearing your feedback. No local McLaren dealer but rumor is a Merc service technician can do the work. Will see

Thecadster likes this.
  13. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Yes. Same dealer. Once again, those guys are terrific. I will buy certainly buy cars from them in the future. They service my 812. I have zero bad feelings. They just have more hand raisers than cars. Good problem to have for a dealer, bad problem to have for a small time collector.

F2003-GA, Napoli and Boomhauer like this.
  14. Condor Man

Condor Man F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 8, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Congratulations!

I love it!

Especially the seats!!

I think that they are so much more comfortable than the Pista seats too!

May the Horse be with you

Thecadster likes this.
  15. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    Congratulations! The 765 is lightening fast!

Thecadster likes this.
  16. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Congratulations, great story, persistence pays off!

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

Thecadster likes this.
  17. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    Congratulations! Car looks great and I think it will drive great too. I never liked the 720 but I think the 765 will be a really good McLaren, in the tradition of the 675. Pista v 765? You could make a case for either, both top drawer cars.

Coincid and Thecadster like this.
  18. brookliner7

brookliner7 Formula Junior

May 5, 2018
    San Antonio, TX
    Full Name:
    Hans
    Wow, what an amazing car and spec! Congratulations. Do you think it’ll hold value similar to the pista?

Thecadster likes this.
  19. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Thanks! Honestly, I have not even thought about which might retain value better. I am a buy and hold guy. My ownership time horizon on the 765LT is in the multiple decades....

Coincid, brookliner7 and GT2goneF like this.
  20. brookliner7

brookliner7 Formula Junior

May 5, 2018
    San Antonio, TX
    Full Name:
    Hans
    Thats the right way to do it, fantastic to have that financial freedom :) super congrats, you got an amazing piece of functional art on wheels.

Thecadster likes this.
  21. xBox

xBox Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2018
    The Emerald Isle
    I'm sure the 765LT will be hugely entertaining - enjoy!!

Thecadster likes this.
  22. Bobby_P

Bobby_P Karting

Feb 25, 2004
    As a 6'5"/260# dude I seem to continually be stalking you with regard to the cars you fit in...previously you provided some input on fitting in an 812. I ended up giving up on the 812 as I couldn't find the "one," but have recently purchased...still waiting for the transporter to pick up...a 2017 F12 with full electric Daytona seats. Haven't sat in it...or an F12 for that matter...so hoping for the best...otherwise I may have purchased a very expensive piece of stationary art. :)

With that said...the Performante is also on my list. Thought it to be kind of unrealistic given my size, but...since you are a previous owner...I feel as though there is potential there. I presume you fit pretty well and the Performante was useable?

I have an athletic build as well...like I mentioned previously...I continue to attempt to convince my wife I really am JJ Watt in a 51 year old body. :)

23. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I am 5'8" and not a Lamborghini enthusiast. I sat in the EVO and it is not comfortable. I do have the needed space but I don't think you will be comfortable at all. My friend is 6'2" and he was not a happy camper. No room for nothing for him. He got an F8 instead.

Bobby_P likes this.
  24. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

Mate you need good health to enjoy these toys.

Best to take care of yourself as 50 is really a turning point if you want it to be.

I would definitely seek assistance so you can enjoy a long life , especially enjoying these fine cars :)

GT2goneF likes this.