Countach 25th Anniversario | Page 121 | FerrariChat

Countach 25th Anniversario

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by joe sackey, Jan 1, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. topcarbon

topcarbon F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2006
    Sorry to say I do not have any reference to who did the paint or when

2. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Ah OK too bad. That's kind of odd though considering its such a significant part of that specific car. Thanks for checking.

3. S_AGATA

S_AGATA Formula Junior

Aug 24, 2016
    Mill Valley CA
    Full Name:
    Jon/Sean Sohaei
    Do we have a conclusive weight for the 25th? If I'm not mistaken the factory quoted the car around 3,450lbs.

After just driving one I'm not sure I buy 3600lbs etc. It definitely feels heavier than the QV or 5000s, but not as heavy as some make it out to be.

Has anyone had one on the scales?

4. bocaf430

bocaf430 Formula 3

Jun 10, 2014
    LI, boca raton
    Looking for a good mechanic shop on long island ny ....countach needs some mechanical updates and service.... anyone know of a good place?

5. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    on an anny? lambo long island just did some work on mine.

6. S_AGATA

S_AGATA Formula Junior

Aug 24, 2016
    Mill Valley CA
    Full Name:
    Jon/Sean Sohaei
  7. bocaf430

bocaf430 Formula 3

Jun 10, 2014
    LI, boca raton
    yes have a 1989 white countach

8. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    S_AGATA likes this.
  9. silhouette

silhouette Karting

Dec 13, 2006
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Correct Joe this was my car

10. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Joe - compared to QV downdrafts, how rare is it in the US to find an anniversary downdraft? And, as with the QV downdrafts, is there evidence to show that the anniversary downdrafts in the US are worth considerably more than the US fuel injected variants? Thank you.

11. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    There are a few 25th Downdrafts in the USA, I don't have data to proffer, but I think they bring less than a QV Downdraft so the difference between a 25th Downdraft and a 25th Fuelie is less than that of the QV variants. That said, you have to take these cars on a car-by-car basis rather than make value generalizations.

12. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017

Totally understand. I guess I think it is interesting because a QV downdraft is clearly much more desirable than the fuel injected QV and yet there seems to be far fewer 25th downdrafts in the US than QV downdrafts. You would know better than me but that is my perception.

13. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Correct, but note the Achilles Heel for any 25th to many people is the styling.

14. S_AGATA

S_AGATA Formula Junior

Aug 24, 2016
    Mill Valley CA
    Full Name:
    Jon/Sean Sohaei
    As you know, there are many variables with these cars. One being that there are more 25th DD's than the QV DD. Of those QV's only a certain amount are the original round body shape. Many people (not myself) simply dismiss the Anniversary for its styling alone. As a result the differences between the US and Euro spec cars aren't overanalyzed in the same way.

There is an opposite trend going on with the LM002. Both fuel injected LM's & CT's are rarer than their European sister cars. However, sellers seem to put a premium on the less powerful US truck because of its rarity. Funny isn't it? Interesting how the market works.

15. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Yes, indeed, the market has many nuances, many of which are seemingly illogical.

FWIW, personally I like the 25th and don't mind it's styling even though I accept that many don't, and I owned 2 nice examples over the years, both of which hold fond memories for me as part of my overall Countach experience.

16. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Boomhauer likes this.
  17. S_AGATA

S_AGATA Formula Junior

Aug 24, 2016
    Mill Valley CA
    Full Name:
    Jon/Sean Sohaei
  18. topcarbon

topcarbon F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2006
  19. Robert W

Robert W Formula 3

Mar 13, 2005
    Oxford, UK
    Full Name:
    Robert Westall
  20. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    drove mine for about an hour today - what a chore. Really nothing enjoyable or inspiring. Does a better job just sitting pretty, unless im missing something. I wld say my e30 M3 is way more enjoyable experience. Aside from the sound, there is nothing fun about driving one of these. Is it me?

21. Ellagirl

Ellagirl F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nils johnsen
    I do understand, i dated a stripper a while back,when we got our first company limo, one night she brought her girlfriend along, then we got drunk,no fun at all. Is it me?

ijvpet and ttforcefed like this.
  22. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017

I find this post fascinating. I have two Ferrari's (a new 2017 488 GTB and a 1989 328 GTB) and I consider myself a "Ferrari" man. Having said, I have always dreamed of owning a Countach (either a QV or a 25th Anniversary) and I have seriously been considering starting a search for that ideal car. I find it interesting how many Countach owners tell me to keep my dream alive by not buying one. In fairness, many tell me how much they love their car as well, but mostly from an aesthetics standpoint. I often hear that it's a miserable car to drive and even more difficult to maintain. I would love to hear thoughts from owners.

23. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    getting drunk with 2 strippers sounds like a waste - better off staying sober and sharp

24. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    it handles like crap, its slow, its clanky. It sounds and smells great. The gearbox is clumsy. The only cars i gave from that period are the e30 m3 and my 91 f40 so i dont have much to compare it to . Both of those are a religious experience. my 94 512tr is much more enjoyable all all fronts.