Countach Downdraft 1985 to 1988.5 | Page 348 | FerrariChat

Countach Downdraft 1985 to 1988.5

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by joe sackey, Oct 25, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Speaking of gentlemen, I saw this post by Colin G this morning https://www.instagram.com/p/BjFaUvLFHMj/?taken-by=tipozerofourzero

"This gorgeous shot is by @joesackeyclassics Joe is one of the foremost authorities on the 288GTO and Lamborghini Countach (not to mention many other iconic supercars).

He’s also a one of the nicest guys you’d ever wish to meet. He’s even managed to have Pirelli make a new set of Cinturato P7s, I presume for one of his Private Treaty clients.

As a kid growing up the Cinturato P7 wasn’t a tyre to me, it was the Eighth Wonder of The World. This is shot sends shivers down my......spine ❤️❤️❤️"

Sorry but I have to embed his comments because these days in our digital world, so many people who have never even met you in person or ever done business with you form misguided opinions, and whilst I won't take credit for anything more than being one of a number of people who instigated Pirelli's remake of the P7, I like to think the rest of his post is accurate. Best of all I loved reading how he feels about the P7!

Meanwhile I hope he gets that Countach one day to give his F40 and F50 something to think about

2. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Spyder-Man and 375+ like this.
  3. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
  4. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
  5. cnpapa24

cnpapa24 F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2014
    NOLA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    This has been my experience as well.

6. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Thank you Chris, talk tomorrow.

7. BBoyJmE

BBoyJmE Formula Junior

Jan 26, 2015
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Jimmy Nahlous
    Haha, Diablo used as a table for a magazine with a DD Countach on the cover? I think it passes :)

Thank you so much for the images, I will be recreating 1/4 rubber P7's haha. It will actually cost about $5k to make master molds, then $10 per cast.

Sadly no I have not made contact with Dominic. My buddy Carl with the LP500s is inviting me over to stay at his place for 5 nights later this year. He knows Dominic and we are hoping to do a mini Countach convoy!
    Oh I will be crying tears of joy!

8. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    You can tell Dominic that I remember his Bianco Perlato Countach Downdraft when it was new and Portman's David Joliffe delivered it to first owner David Chidlow when the latter was in the UK, his car looks just like it did 30 years ago

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Robert W and BBoyJmE like this.
  9. BBoyJmE

BBoyJmE Formula Junior

Jan 26, 2015
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Jimmy Nahlous
    Will do. What a fantastic colour! Dream spec.
    I have picked up on something that might blow your mind.
    Take a look at this, LP400S front flare on his car!!

Here you can see the car compared to Cats Exotics gorgeous silver LP400s and LP500s front flares.
    This is why the replica community hates me....o_O If I can find discrepancies on genuine Countachs, you bet the list on a replica car will be endless.

What are your thoughts on this? Now I gotta look back at allllll XWA .001 pictures haha.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    I see that, sharp eyes, you'll have to check the other side as well, then point this out to him and see what he says!

I can see the wrong part being ordered upon replacement

BBoyJmE likes this.
  11. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    BBoyJmE likes this.
  12. hyenahf

hyenahf F1 Rookie

May 25, 2004
    i have no doubt a modern compound would be better but the carcass of the standard P7 vs the P7 R has been reinforced and tuned which dictates the stiffness of the tire stability and sidewalls. you cant alter this with just the rubber compound updates.

perhaps all this is mute since finding folks that track their CT in anger is few and far in between. the only reason i prefer the the Rally variant is its pretty large script sidewalls. the P7 in any form are outclassed in terms of pure performance compare to new tires available as you would expect.

all the best

13. msdesignltd

msdesignltd F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
  14. SupercarGuru

SupercarGuru F1 Rookie
    Sponsor

Dec 14, 2003
    Fl
    Full Name:
    John Temerian
  15. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
  16. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats

less then that

17. SupercarGuru

SupercarGuru F1 Rookie
    Sponsor

Dec 14, 2003
    Fl
    Full Name:
    John Temerian
    Ah! I was quoted retail. Haha. What's the number?

18. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    #8693 joe sackey, May 23, 2018
    Last edited: May 23, 2018
    Correct, but as I understand it this is a completely new tire, either way, based on Harry's testing, I am just over the moon that Pirelli SpA remade them at all!

Correct, but many still choose to use a broker and Tommy (whom I have worked with for @ 13 years) will reduce his price to pay our 5% so the cost to the buyer is zero, just as he did with the last two sales we did of a 288 GTO and an F40 respectively. Apparently, this makes perfect sense to the seller when we bring the business, as opposed to having no sale.

You see, there are many collectors today who want to work with a consultant who can give them experienced knowledgeable advice, and this has real quantifiable value to them, if it can come at no extra cost, they are very happy to work with us. That's the reason we do so many deals on cars already publicly for sale such as this one, besides the Private Treaty cars that are exclusive to us and are off-the-radar.

What do clients get for their money when using us? A lot of things that the typical dealer does not provide them with. For example: Historical research to establish true provenance, market research & appraisal to establish real current value, inspection facilitation to establish true current condition, registry resource to establish original factory production status, maintenance research to establish maintenance history and make current recommendations, restoration & refurbishment recommendations, and, acting as a constant ongoing resource to the new owner throughout the course of their ownership. Because of the way we operate, we get a high percentage of repeat clients.

John it'll end up being somewhere in the 6s, depending on the deal, if there are trades involved etc.

19. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Robert W and BBoyJmE like this.
  20. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    #8695 joe sackey, May 23, 2018
    Last edited: May 23, 2018
    rmolke85 likes this.
  21. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
  22. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
  23. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    The Missing Link.

Within a custom black velvet pouch with Lamborghini logo, a beautiful hallmarked Sterling Silver & Brass keychain made for Patrick Mimran, the rear of the fob is engraved with his signature "Patrick Mimran" and a capitalized "The President" (he was actually CEO), it arrived in original tarnished condition, it'll be reunited with the keys of his Downdraft

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

cnpapa24 and Ciro Izzo like this.
  24. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
  25. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006