Countach front hood comparison LP400 vs LP400S vs LP5000 | FerrariChat

Countach front hood comparison LP400 vs LP400S vs LP5000

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by randomlambo, Nov 25, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. randomlambo

randomlambo Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2013
    RI & MA border
    Full Name:
    DT
    I'm looking for some pictures of the front hood/bonnet of the LP400 vs LP400S vs LP5000 and differences between them.

I believe the size should be the same but the support bars are different on the inside?

The Lambo part numbers are:

Thank you

2. orangelp400

orangelp400 Karting

Mar 17, 2012
    York UK
    Full Name:
    stephen
    I don't mind helping out the greater Lambo community with info where I can (which is not often as most seem to know more about the anarack detail than my dyslexic self)but explaining succinctly what u want photo or measurement wise in the first place would perhaps make me more inclined to go into the garage and take the covers off.

3. raymondQV

raymondQV F1 Rookie

Aug 22, 2007
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Raymond S.
    Lamborghini made different Hoods, some of them in carbon, some in aloy, depending on the market, I don't know about the measures but most likely they changed with the LP400S3.

4. randomlambo

Feb 3, 2013
    RI & MA border
    Full Name:
    DT
    I'd be curious of pictures and possible measurements of the inside and outside of the hood for different Countach sub-models.

I'll post what I found so far as examples. Will also take shots of mine and explain why/what I'm trying to find.

Thank you

5. randomlambo

Feb 3, 2013
    RI & MA border
    Full Name:
    DT
    #5 randomlambo, Nov 26, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  6. ken qv

ken qv Formula 3

Oct 25, 2006
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Ken Roberson
    A front wing car.. out of California? Looking to ditch that wing? I actually think those look cool if its the company that did the Cannonball car.. any pics of the full car?

7. randomlambo

Feb 3, 2013
    RI & MA border
    Full Name:
    DT
    It's out of the east coast and has never been to CA, but it was federalized by the same company that did the Cannonball car.

We removed the supports for the front wing but will find a way to attach them back in for show. Hence the need to have two wings:

(1) for the original look with the un-done DOT front bumper mods;

(2) for the front wing look with clamped-on front supports, cut hood (what I have now), and the front wing << not sure if it'd be safe to drive in this configuration, probably not.

8. ken qv

ken qv Formula 3

Oct 25, 2006
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Ken Roberson
    Nice idea.. two cars in one.. im sure you could secure the supports well enough to drive.. good luck!