Countach QV FI Thread | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Countach QV FI Thread

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by johnhoughtaling, Nov 2, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ellagirl

Ellagirl F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nils johnsen
    Also the fit and finish on the factory euro bumper was horrific,we spendt a lot of time perfecting it, wich will make it a good candidate for reproduction,

2. Here is one cleaned up, but painted black. Image Unavailable, Please Login

S_AGATA likes this.
  3. Ellagirl

Ellagirl F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nils johnsen
    Not really,this car got hick mick efi,blue hoses and ,as you said, black paint, not a good example,

S_AGATA likes this.
  4. S_AGATA

S_AGATA Formula Junior

Aug 24, 2016
    Mill Valley CA
    Full Name:
    Jon/Sean Sohaei
  5. S_AGATA

S_AGATA Formula Junior

Aug 24, 2016
    Mill Valley CA
    Full Name:
    Jon/Sean Sohaei
    Cool concept however I agree with ellagirl that it isn't a good example. EFI requires fab of the plenum; looks even more messy to my eye. Also the black....to each their own.

IMO the mechanical distributors look good once everything else is removed. Reminds me of a 935.

6. S_AGATA

S_AGATA Formula Junior

Aug 24, 2016
    Mill Valley CA
    Full Name:
    Jon/Sean Sohaei
  7. Ellagirl

Ellagirl F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nils johnsen
    I like how you turned the air/innlet box 90degree, not a big fan of the orange hose/duct , my personal only, your engine bay looks great, lots of volume,in these manifolds, and agree on the 935 comparo, or pretty much everything from Porsche mid 70 s and on

S_AGATA likes this.
  8. I think the example I posted was done 15 or so years ago, but I would agree on the black paint. The effort Lamborghini put into the fuel injected version had more to do than just the US market. Just as a comparison this is a Diablo engine. Image Unavailable, Please Login

S_AGATA likes this.
  9. Jalpa_Mike

Jalpa_Mike F1 Rookie

Apr 2, 2004
    Sequim
    Full Name:
    Michael Wilson
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Like most have suggested, the biggest weight hog in the engine compartment, is that air pump and all the associated vacuum valves, etc...

One other item of interest, are the 2 brain boxes behind the right hand boot panel. Those things only control 1 thing on the fuel injection system. The “frequency valves”. Basically, the O2 sensors in the exhaust send their signals to those boxes to in turn send a signal to the frequency valves to add a more fuel to the mixture. If you remove the cats from the car and no longer use the O2 sensors, there is no need for those boxes.

Here is a blurb from Jason’s blog talking about it.
    Mike

Ellagirl and S_AGATA like this.
  10. johnhoughtaling

johnhoughtaling Formula 3

Nov 6, 2002
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    John William H.
    Very cool information. And VERY happy that the rat next can go the way of the modifications made to make the US bumpers. All of this garbage was afterthought mess with low budget just to try to get the car in. Similar stupid **** was don't to McLaren F1s and everyone has reverted these back to the way they were intended. I consider the rats nest the same as the modified bumpers that drilled holes in the body.

I have had a downdraft for 23 years and love it. The FI model is interesting bc is an amazing value, I just hated the rats nest. Awesome to know it can go away and show purity.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

11. S_AGATA

S_AGATA Formula Junior

Aug 24, 2016
    Mill Valley CA
    Full Name:
    Jon/Sean Sohaei
    Exactly. Looking at the two together it's clear that Lamborghini used the research collected from the QV.

12. Jalpa_Mike

Jalpa_Mike F1 Rookie

Apr 2, 2004
    Sequim
    Full Name:
    Michael Wilson
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    John, not sure if you saw this or not. I posted it awhile ago in the other Countach thread. Really shows the weight savings of the Quicksilver vs. OEM Ansa Box unit. Went from 72lbs down to 34lbs.

13. Ellagirl

Ellagirl F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nils johnsen
    Is the system on the right the stock original unit,off your FI? Just curious, my cars original muffler system looks entierly different,beeing 2 smaller mufflers after the cat box, poss ,they used up the inventory before changing,my car is Oct 87,

johnhoughtaling likes this.
  14. Jalpa_Mike

Jalpa_Mike F1 Rookie

Apr 2, 2004
    Sequim
    Full Name:
    Michael Wilson
    Nils,

No, the previous owner removed the USA system (with the cat mufflers) and installed that ANSA unit which was on the euro models.

Mike

15. Ellagirl

Ellagirl F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nils johnsen
    Thanks , do you also have the dd headers?,and are you running without the 2 Bosch computer units? This is very useful info,i would love to remove all garb.thanks

16. Jalpa_Mike

Jalpa_Mike F1 Rookie

Apr 2, 2004
    Sequim
    Full Name:
    Michael Wilson
    Nils,

I unfortunately still have the horrid USA headers. I really should have replaced them when I had the engine out of the car, but sadly I didn’t. Oh well, next time....

I have left everything in place on my car just to preserve originality. However, the O2 sensors are disconnected at the brain box under the RH vent cover. Here is a current photo of my engine bay. Note, original owner also painted the intake manifolds gray.

Mike

Ciro Izzo and S_AGATA like this.
  17. Jalpa_Mike

Jalpa_Mike F1 Rookie

Apr 2, 2004
    Sequim
    Full Name:
    Michael Wilson
    Image Unavailable, Please Login People often wonder what the USA headers look like..... this image that Chad posted on his website answers that question! I would never have guessed that they looked like this. I always assumed they were individual pipes just wrapped in a heat resistant aluminum.

Mike

18. Ellagirl

Ellagirl F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nils johnsen
    Thanks for posting,(i actually just got on flash drive factory parts diagram for all Lamborghinis from the very start,allthe way thru the 6,0 Diablo) and yes,this is my cars system,my cats are hollow/empty , my next uppgrade will be headers and tails, i do like Joes system, will put some work inn to wich to get.

19. Ellagirl

Ellagirl F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nils johnsen
    Wich brand?

20. ? (If your referring to the Countach above your post, that's a stock exhaust)

Help me out with this thread & post a picture of your car! :)

21. Ellagirl

Ellagirl F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nils johnsen
    My mistake , did not realise the pipes on my car where this high up in relation to the bottom /lower muffler, i just checked,They are ,will post, need to uppgrade my member ship.