Countach QV FI Thread | Page 26 | FerrariChat

Countach QV FI Thread

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by johnhoughtaling, Nov 2, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ellagirl

Ellagirl F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nils johnsen
    Not shure if they are still avail, i got mine 10 or so years ago,from Ultimate in Orlando,they had one box on the shelf.and i think you are right reg the 25th,Terry at Ultimate told me they where replacement original Lamborghini for the MM box,(your expertice) for mostlly 25th cars, i bought to keep and use if(when) my MM box would quit. Looks sexy and clean,hopefully it works as good as it looks.

2. ken qv

ken qv Formula 3

Oct 25, 2006
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Ken Roberson
    Nils, you ever go to cars and coffee in Lauderdale?

3. ken qv

ken qv Formula 3

Oct 25, 2006
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Ken Roberson
    S_AGATA, PineChris and Ellagirl like this.
  4. Ellagirl

Ellagirl F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nils johnsen
    Have not been to the Lauderdale event, i have heard good things, wich day of the month?

5. ken qv

ken qv Formula 3

Oct 25, 2006
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Ken Roberson
    Last Sunday of the month

Ellagirl likes this.
  6. V8Lambo

V8Lambo Karting

Feb 13, 2016
    Germany
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Could everyone help me to identify the correct mirror for my QV. I heard about Vitaloni turbo and turbo baby!?

I have that one in stock from my silhouette

Sadly my pre owner did a bad flag mirror pls see below

7. raymondQV

raymondQV F1 Rookie

Aug 22, 2007
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Raymond S.
    Vitaloni Turbo

8. PineChris

PineChris Formula 3

Apr 17, 2013
    California
    Full Name:
    Chris
  9. V8Lambo

V8Lambo Karting

Feb 13, 2016
    Germany
    Thanks!

I was at the fair in Padua but I didn’t found a pair original electric turbos. Do everyone know a source?

10. Ellagirl

Ellagirl F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nils johnsen
  11. Ellagirl

Ellagirl F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nils johnsen
    Cars n coffe,Ft Myers this morning, my good buddy Dave shipped his QV down From Texas to His Amazing River House in Cape Coral(part of a 30 car collection, you might want the carb versus fi discussion with him,lol,enough said.) great day,amazing cars,fun fun, next time we will stick the green Murcielago between the QV s @ the cars and coffe,the flag thing. Once again,these Countaches are Amazing,clicks off first try, does not miss a beat all day,run out and find one,reg of variant.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Nikil, S_AGATA, EarlyCat and 2 others like this.
  12. johnhoughtaling

johnhoughtaling Formula 3

Nov 6, 2002
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    John William H.
  13. Ellagirl

Ellagirl F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nils johnsen
    Thanks , love the look of the fuelie,once cleaned up. Very industrial/mecanical looking. Also ,works amazing, quick,snappy. All day.

S_AGATA likes this.
  14. ken qv

ken qv Formula 3

Oct 25, 2006
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Ken Roberson
    Looks cool.. i like white on red. White rims would look good on there..Of course your friend could own 130 cars, it still wouldnt matter in regards to fulies vs carbs discussion LOL. Awesome Florida weather lately!

joe sackey likes this.
  15. V8Lambo

V8Lambo Karting

Feb 13, 2016
    Germany
    Great pictures

16. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Since you bring this up again, sure, we'll be happy to have that discussion with him, or anyone else for that matter

Your description of your car's operation is precisely like that of the last few Downdrafts which I have recently driven.

Same characteristics, except with more power.

Exactly right.

Any properly-maintained carbureted Countach from LP400 to 25th Annivesario will start up at first crank, let's not pretend that's exclusive to Fuelies.

Meanwhile, nobody asked you to buy a carbed Countach and those who own them will gladly keep them, so I guess everyone is happy!

Ellagirl likes this.
  17. ken qv

ken qv Formula 3

Oct 25, 2006
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Ken Roberson
    I love them all so i am not in the never ending contest between them, i will say that a fuel injected car with neglected maintenance has a better chance at still starting over a carb car that was neglected.. or if a car sits idle for a long time, over a month, then obviously the carbs may need to fill up again. Still, not a hardship. Mine just sat a month and started right up. Of course i have electronic,multi spark ignition, and i think THAT is more of a factor in start up than fuel delivery.

18. ken qv

ken qv Formula 3

Oct 25, 2006
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Ken Roberson
    Allen did you ever learn the production details of your car in regards to the 88.5 vs the a/c controls vs lower side vents? I remember you talking about it but cant remember the outcome. How many had lower side vents but the old style a/c panel?

19. Ellagirl

Ellagirl F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nils johnsen
    I noticed my buddys white 881/2 got the new digital ac control. Also,i like your comment reg the carb/Fuel discussion, its interesting ,more than once i have spoken to wealty car collectors Not manipulated or guided by brokers, their focus is on finding the best car poss. Carb or fi,not so important,its all about the good car, that beeing said, if money is no object,get one of each. Again,i will say this, Countach is addictive,after almost 12 years,i am grinning big time every time i drive it.

ken qv likes this.
  20. Ellagirl

Ellagirl F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nils johnsen
    Wich ignition system are you using? MSD?

21. PineChris

PineChris Formula 3

Apr 17, 2013
    California
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Why is Sackey even on this thread? This is the Fuelie thread, not the Im doing my best to manipulate the market with my DownDraft thread.

22. PineChris

PineChris Formula 3

Apr 17, 2013
    California
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I haven't other than communicating with Mario Andretti that the car had the side skirts when he purchased it. My car has a kevlar front hood, side a/c vents, dual visors, but yet the old A/c controls.

ken qv likes this.
  23. PineChris

PineChris Formula 3

Apr 17, 2013
    California
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I have MSD on mine.